PDA

View Full Version : e[mulator] v0.81 ( Now Emulates 4 Systems)

wraggster
July 6th, 2006, 18:43
E has released a new version of his Multi Console Emulator, now it supports

PC Engine
Wonderswan
Famicom (NES)
Gameboy

He modified and use the source codes on Rin and NesterJ to bring the new consoles into his emulator.

Updates include SaveState Management fixed, Thumbnail Generator fixed, Wonderswan has had fixes to scrolling and processing and the Nes part has had the rom data fixed.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

-LO-LEADER1
July 6th, 2006, 18:55
good idea

mr_nick666
July 6th, 2006, 18:57
Great idea! ;)

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 18:59
Its been a long time since there last release now i see why great job.

vettacossx
July 6th, 2006, 19:06
Q: Are these ports of the latest versions of nester j and rin and do the work as well as the nester j or rin we are currently using?

Q: is it for all firmewares seems i dont see different version zips just one? does this work on 2.6? and 1.5 or???

Q: do you plan on adding more to the array of working consoles?

this looks very promising for the emulation portion of the psp hb scene ! keep up the gr8 work and keep us posted cant wait for answers so i can try this out

O-bake
July 6th, 2006, 19:10
Anyone knows, if the PCEngine CD works?

Something is strange, i can boot the cd-bios, but i can't load a cd. neither a .toc nor a .iso

vettacossx
July 6th, 2006, 19:20
it would seem that you have tyo create your own folders for this emu the zip ONLY CONTAINS the EBOOT file THAT IS IT!!! ??? so if i were 2 guess id say you have create the proper folders but the prob with this is

Q:--where do the roms go??first of all??

and second
Q: do the roms go in the same folder or in SEPERATE FOLDERS DESIGNATED BY CONSOLE?/?

then theres the question of
HOW COMPATABLE is this ??? being it runs multi code? theres alot id like to understand about this emu as it is VERY uniqe obviousley but it could potentially save us time as well if it works on the 2.6 users end! but time will tell lets just hope someone has some answers ......if they dont ill start creating " rom " folders and testing to see if they belong in the SAME or DIFFERENT directories ??? for now im going to grab my 1.5 and 2.6 .....try installing the eboot on both and see id it works on all firmewares?
untill the UPDATE POST ...ta ta...lol

U P D A T E :
this Does N O T W O R K O N 2.6...im guessing it needs kernall access so wait for the fanjita exploit ;) version E-L o a d e r...

it works on 1.5 for a moment then freezes and shuts down on mine anyhow ....and you have to use the NOEXPLOIT tool on it.... even then it acts like its gonna load....but didnt.... if anyone has better luck....PLEASE TELL US HOW YOPU GOT IT TO WORK
thanks in advanced ....we M U S T be missing something???!!

SweetFA
July 6th, 2006, 19:55
Worked for me via KXploit tool on my fw1.5.

Taken it back off, i was just hoping Mr Do GB would work but it is just the same as Rin.

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 20:11
This works great just Exept for the PC-Engine. It askes for cdrom images witch i have version 2 and still doesnt work.
And from the looks of it there working on adding Neo Geo Pocket and Game Gear and that will be great.

The_It
July 6th, 2006, 21:51
Why are the readme miles never in ENGLISH!!

geise69
July 6th, 2006, 23:22
Why are the readme miles never in ENGLISH!!

because he's a japanese dev, and no one is willing to translate his readme files.

Abobora
July 7th, 2006, 00:08
PC engine, please help a guy out, does that support DOS?

jwilds73
July 7th, 2006, 04:02
I'd love to see this emulator broke down by brand some

IE:

Sega Emulator's

SMS
SGG
SG
DC VMU

then

Nintendo Emulator's

NES
SNES
GB/GBC
GBA
N64

and another like that for Atari then the other single or only a couple console publishers could be grouped together in a multi manufacturer one.

Pumped'Up
July 7th, 2006, 06:11
NEC SuperGrafx games work FANTASTIC!!!!

THANKS so much E !!!!!!

I can now finally play SGX version of Ghouls'n Ghosts!!! :)

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 06:14
NEC SuperGrafx games work FANTASTIC!!!!

THANKS so much E !!!!!!

I can now finally play SGX version of Ghouls'n Ghosts!!! :)
What format are the games your using i though they had to be cd :confused:

Pumped'Up
July 7th, 2006, 07:08
What format are the games your using i though they had to be cd :confused:
I'm playing only the native SuperGrafx HuCard games (pce files). There were never any CD games that were made to take advantage of the SuperGrafx hardware.

b8a
July 7th, 2006, 14:25
Quick translation of the readme. Doesn't shed much light on anything though:
e[mulator] for PSP 0.81

/* A stale warm play left alone is the single strongest supporter */

Fixed Items
(0) All

(a) Fixed state management
(b) Fixed so that thumbnail info is automatically created
(1) Wonderswan

(a) Fixed horizontal scroll problem
(b) Fixed HBLANK and VBLANK processing
(2) Famicom

(a) Fixed ROM database processing
Currently supported hardware

(1) PC Engine+Super Graphx+CDROM2(incomplete)
(2) Wonderswan
(3) Famicom (Used modified source from NesterJ for PSP)
(4) Game Boy (Used modified source from RIN)Don't ask me what's up with that opening line. He has a cryptic style of writing sometimes, and he's been described as (and even admits to being) "hard to deal with". In any case, I didn't give the translation there much thought, so it's probably just as good as a Google translation.

But when I saw this, I laughed a little bit, because it's almost like e's going to give the PSP community a functioning "Virtual Console" before Nintendo's newest cr*p shoot even hits the market.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED A FULLY REALIZED PC ENGINE EMULATOR THOUGH!!!!

Baboon
July 7th, 2006, 14:46
I'll give this a try tonight. :)

So is the emulator better at playing Pc engine games compared to PCEP?

Poem58
July 7th, 2006, 18:06
WE SERIOUSLY NEED A FULLY REALIZED PC ENGINE EMULATOR THOUGH!!!!

Hmm... I don't have PCE CD games to test...But I have been playing American and Japanese PCE and Supergrafx games for at least half a year now with I believe Hue for PSP only a few roms don't work and they are probably bad dumps. Seems realized quite well here. I have a 1.5 PSP (downed from 2.0) and really enjoy the emu.....main reason I haven't upgraded....about 98% reason why....

mexicansnake
July 7th, 2006, 18:07
sweet release!

pkmaximum
July 7th, 2006, 18:14
Hmm it would be nice if someone modified the rin source that way it had ad hoc mode. Pokemon battles against my friends would be fun =P and we are all college buddies lol o_O

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 19:22
I just hope that they get the neo geo pocket and Game gear working as it looks like they are working on it all ready

Pumped'Up
July 8th, 2006, 01:03
Hmm... I don't have PCE CD games to test...But I have been playing American and Japanese PCE and Supergrafx games for at least half a year now with I believe Hue for PSP only a few roms don't work and they are probably bad dumps. Seems realized quite well here. I have a 1.5 PSP (downed from 2.0) and really enjoy the emu.....main reason I haven't upgraded....about 98% reason why....
eh I tried Ghouls'n Ghosts Super Grafx pce with Hue for PSP and it didn't work before. I think e[mulator] is the first working SuperGrafx emulator for PSP...but regardless, this emu KICKS ROCK'n ASS!!!!! love it!!:D

matt2k
July 13th, 2006, 02:11
Has anyone been able to get PC Engine CD games up and running on this emu yet? Everytime I load a TOC it freezes and shuts off.

BPM9
July 15th, 2006, 23:25
Save state manager is not working for me. Do you have to have a seperate folder?