PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want To Game In 3D?

wraggster
January 16th, 2010, 22:24
Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

The rage these days seems to be two things: 3D and Twilight. No, we will not ask you about Twilight. You can ask yourself about Twilight. Instead, we will ask this:

Question: Are you interested in 3D gaming? Why or why not?

http://kotaku.com/5449619/do-you-want-to-game-in-3d

symbal
January 17th, 2010, 00:28
Not if i have to wear those stupid 3d glasses, anyway my favourite games are and probably will always be 2d platformers and shmups, that's unless i live long enough for Star Trek style holodeck gaming to take off.

JDvorak
January 17th, 2010, 06:15
Agreed if you are talking about gaming with Real-D glasses on like at the movies then probably not. If you are just talking about 3D games that really took off with Doom then those are fine!

dazman
January 17th, 2010, 08:41
Not with glasses, contact lenses one day maybe.

What I would love is a way to turn old platform 2d into 3d depth a bit like jet set willy but from moving angles like knight lore.

paul3100
January 17th, 2010, 09:15
i don't think all games would suit 3D glasses or not!

Would be nice to have the option on games to play in 3D or not just like with some of the blue rays out now.

paul

Justise
January 17th, 2010, 10:37
In the past 3D was causing me headache but after seeing Avatar, the only side effect it had was making my eyes feel a little tired.

There is no doubt that 3D is getting closer to perfection with each day that passes, but... I don't feel like wearing those glasses for every movie or game, even when I'm on my living room.

bomber227
January 17th, 2010, 15:08
Yes. Without 3D games, we'd be liited to platmormers and isometrics, like Super Mario and Inside Story

Qmark
January 18th, 2010, 09:06
(since the 90's actually, I have owned 3 shutter sets) 80's actually. Sega Master System had several shutter-glasses games.

NoQuarter
January 18th, 2010, 16:24
Man the sega shutter glasses games rocked. Now we gotta buy new TV's and still wear glasses!? I'd rather just use shutter glasses on my existing HDTV.