PDA

View Full Version : The Introduction Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

mollsybeth
April 7th, 2011, 18:49
Hi. I'm Chris. I've been a member for awhile but this is my first post. Actually I tried to register today and found I've been a member for a long time.

ssgshallrule
April 17th, 2011, 00:07
hello ^^ call me crazy or just joe works :D haha nice to meet ya all and now im off to see if i can find some source code for plants vs zombies.. i want to port it to a android cell and maybe a signed psp version think i should?

Wriggler
April 25th, 2011, 10:31
Hi
Im Steve from the West Midlands in the UK,although i do play the odd modern game i often fail to find anything original to stimulate me for very long so im 90% a retro gamer,i enjoy playing games on most systems upto the Jag and Dreamcast but my heart lies with my own early machines which were the Atari 2600 and the ZX Spectrum ,my least favourite system to date was the N64.
Anyway i look forward to joining in on DCretro.
Cheers Steve

RedDragon159
April 25th, 2011, 23:17
hello just joined, so whats up

Kaiser
April 27th, 2011, 17:10
Nice to see new members and new old members alike. :)

Welcome everyone.

sumi12
April 2nd, 2012, 13:49
Hi everyone,
I am new here and I found this site very interesting and I am very much fond of interesting facts and other things, So hope you all will appreciate me.

thristydevil
September 22nd, 2012, 19:16
Hi guyz My name is Tabish and I am new member of dcemu family :D

renter
December 20th, 2012, 07:58
hello,everyone! my name is Angelia :)

Basil Zero
March 6th, 2013, 17:10
Hello friends :)

Old user returning!

Shrygue
March 6th, 2013, 18:01
Welcome back Basil Zero, it's good to see a bit of actual activity on the board in an otherwise silent forum. Hang about a while!

gigafan
May 9th, 2013, 12:42
Hi I m Steffy 19+ newbie to this forum :)

Shinerbox
July 4th, 2013, 14:01
Another newb in the Forum, just saying hi :D
see you all around!

fortion
August 1st, 2013, 08:37
Hi everyone...This is John from KSA....Big gaming enthusiast..:)

fortion
September 7th, 2013, 19:09
Hello Fortion here....PC gamer

vEGA-rJ
September 24th, 2013, 14:15
Well dunno if i'm a newbie of DCEMU, but anyway i'm here... Old school amiga member :)

Centre
September 28th, 2013, 23:49
Hi there

Centre
September 28th, 2013, 23:53
I am new to this forum and just started reading through various threads on PS4.
I just felt the need to write about a story which happened to my sister. She got a computer virus.
It was a ransomware virus, it blocked her computer screen. It was some sort of Police virus and seems like it is a trending issue now. She was afraid of our mother and in a hurry so she paid the amount bad guys wanted.
I rarely get viruses myself but I started to read about it and found that one can easily delete it. We should never pay the ransom as it encourages the bad guys to create more and more such viruses. There a lot of articles on how to get rid of the virus without calling expensive computer repair services.
Please find bellow several useful links on how to deal with PCeU ukash virus:

forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-3821-0.html

privacy-pc.com/how-to/police-central-e-crime-unit-pceu-ukashpaysafecard-virus-ransomware-analysis-and-removal.html

craveforeric
February 14th, 2014, 16:55
Hi I am Eric and I am an expat doing business in the Philippines
I am a PC gamer and am planning on setting up a web hosting company :)

Eviltaco64
May 22nd, 2014, 08:32
My name is Eviltaco64.

When I grow up I'm gonna be a Sega Game Gear.

A belated welcome to you, craveforeric!

FantasyLondon
April 27th, 2015, 15:37
Hello everyone. I am Pat and I am new to this thread.I am very good at breaking stuff but don't know how to fix them so I am glad I found this site to save me when my gadgets get broken. :)

Summers22
May 14th, 2015, 12:59
hello guysnice to join

Easylables
July 13th, 2015, 10:28
Hello Everyone ,
I just joined this forum.

dumbledore
September 22nd, 2015, 13:28
Hello, my nickname is Dumbledore, my name is John and I work for android application development company (https://www.nomtek.com/services/). I'm here for some valuable discussions and fun and I hope to be a part of both of them :)

thomasclrk
October 5th, 2015, 11:31
My name is Thomas Clark, lives in Reading, United Kingdom. And by profession I am a travel Agent in reading as well as London areas.
:cool:

RoseyDreamy
April 5th, 2017, 22:57
I'm aware this is an old thread but decided to introduce myself to DCEmu anyway using this thread. ;)

I'm Rose, the owner of a small forum (~50 members) and a hobbyist blogger, currently 15 years old. Hope I have a great stay at DCEmu :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmtlmt
April 7th, 2017, 06:09
Bit late to the party, our beloved DCEMU is dead :(

Was once my favourite place to visit every afternoon after school, catching up on the latest PSP homebrew..

I miss the old days

johnwilliam26693
August 11th, 2017, 07:18
I am happy to be at his community. Hope to contribute in this forum.

VampDude
August 30th, 2017, 22:48
Bit late to the party, our beloved DCEMU is dead :(

Was once my favourite place to visit every afternoon after school, catching up on the latest PSP homebrew..

I miss the old days

I visit here every couple of months (well this is actually my third visit in two weeks), which always seems that when you visit, you're either all alone or one of the old regulars have been here a few hours prior and never seems to be more than one old regular here at a time... We've all faded away, into obscurity.

I think one way to get this party re-started, would be to "hashtag" usernames and DCEmu on that social media platform that I sometimes act like JKKDARK for the sheer hell of trolling people... Which JKK is still lurking around the web, recently on a PSO forum in February (apparently he's still running Windows 7 - lol).

lmtlmt
September 18th, 2017, 18:12
I visit here every couple of months (well this is actually my third visit in two weeks), which always seems that when you visit, you're either all alone or one of the old regulars have been here a few hours prior and never seems to be more than one old regular here at a time... We've all faded away, into obscurity.

I think one way to get this party re-started, would be to "hashtag" usernames and DCEmu on that social media platform that I sometimes act like JKKDARK for the sheer hell of trolling people... Which JKK is still lurking around the web, recently on a PSO forum in February (apparently he's still running Windows 7 - lol).

Windows 7 is dope tho :cool:

Shrygue
September 18th, 2017, 18:40
Windows 7 is ace compared to Windows 8 / 10. XP was the B.E.S.T though, R.I.P XP.

Frank White
April 24th, 2018, 10:49
hi, newbie here

lmtlmt
May 1st, 2018, 17:24
You're late to the party bud.. DCEMU died 10 years ago..

VampDude
June 1st, 2018, 01:03
You're late to the party bud.. DCEMU died 10 years ago..

Technically 8 years ago, during the Wii homebrew phase and the beginning of the PS3 hacking scene. :rolleyes:

lmtlmt
June 5th, 2018, 17:35
Close enough haha!

VampDude
June 6th, 2018, 00:52
The homebrew scene isn't dead though, which is kinda sad that I've got to get it elsewhere on a site that is basically what DCEmu should have eventually become...

The funny thing, is even though I recently joined GBAtemp, I still hang around here (making pointless birthday topics while nobody can infract me for spam posts). :rolleyes:

Triv1um
June 6th, 2018, 11:44
The homebrew scene isn't dead though, which is kinda sad that I've got to get it elsewhere on a site that is basically what DCEmu should have eventually become...

The funny thing, is even though I recently joined GBAtemp, I still hang around here (making pointless birthday topics while nobody can infract me for spam posts). :rolleyes:

Without a freshen-up and ability to use on mobile (seriously, have you tried it? It's a harrowing experience), this forum will stay dead. It's a shame, I miss this place. So many bad choices.

VampDude
June 6th, 2018, 15:15
I always change the user agent to desktop if I'm using my phone/tablet, because trying to use DCEmu on a phone browser with anything but... The site then looks like one of those large print book for old people... Maybe it's what Wraggster uses? :D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/IMG_20180606_133522.jpg?t=1528203724

But then the same device, but with desktop selected it's much nicer. But I don't think the majority of people with a phone even know the difference between a mobile webpage and an actual fully functional webpage these days. :D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/IMG_20180606_133559.jpg?t=1528203727

Though until you pointed it out, I've never logged into the mobile version... Damn, it's ugly on the forum side. Using the correct user agent makes everything look like the desktop version, so I'm not missing out on anything. :rolleyes:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/IMG_20180606_141822.jpg

I think this place could recover (just slightly), even if it's just 20 of us here. Because the more people returning could eventually bring a following, which we all basically followed someone else here (Wraggster originally brought some people here from dcemulation.com)... Though the site as it is now, I tend not to promote it as heavily as I once did because there aren't any active admin or projects that feel like DCEmu is the place to go.

Triv1um
June 6th, 2018, 15:35
I always change the user agent to desktop if I'm using my phone/tablet, because trying to use DCEmu on a phone browser with anything but... The site then looks like one of those large print book for old people... Maybe it's what Wraggster uses? :D

But then the same device, but with desktop selected it's much nicer. But I don't think the majority of people with a phone even know the difference between a mobile webpage and an actual fully functional webpage these days. :D

Though until you pointed it out, I've never logged into the mobile version... Damn, it's ugly on the forum side. Using the correct user agent makes everything look like the desktop version, so I'm not missing out on anything. :rolleyes:

I think this place could recover (just slightly), even if it's just 20 of us here. Because the more people returning could eventually bring a following, which we all basically followed someone else here (Wraggster originally brought some people here from dcemulation.com)... Though the site as it is now, I tend not to promote it as heavily as I once did because there aren't any active admin or projects that feel like DCEmu is the place to go.

I didn't realise you can manually change the layout, that's super helpful. Actually trying to force the mobile browser to view as desktop doesn't work.
Here is what my iPhone shows on the forum root -
https://i.imgur.com/qgDkNRP.png

This alone is enough to make me run to the hills if I was a prospective new member. I would love for this place to become fairly active again, but for 20 or so people, is a forum really the best platform? An IRC or something more 'live' would be much better suited. Forums are only really enjoyable or productive if they're super active.
Clearly, as it is, it's not going to work. MAKE DCEMU GREAT AGAIN.

VampDude
June 6th, 2018, 16:56
I didn't realise you can manually change the layout, that's super helpful. Actually trying to force the mobile browser to view as desktop doesn't work.
Here is what my iPhone shows on the forum root -
https://i.imgur.com/qgDkNRP.png

This alone is enough to make me run to the hills if I was a prospective new member. I would love for this place to become fairly active again, but for 20 or so people, is a forum really the best platform? An IRC or something more 'live' would be much better suited. Forums are only really enjoyable or productive if they're super active.
Clearly, as it is, it's not going to work. MAKE DCEMU GREAT AGAIN.

You obviously chose the wrong side for a phone, I've been native to Android since 2010 and use Dolphin browser. 😂

On my phone, this is how I see DCEmu (I prefer my tablet - I typed all this sh*t on my phone). 😏

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2729&stc=1&d=1528298871

An active chatbox feature which a few forums have, would be the IRC style of live chat. Which is actually a feature the vBulletin software supports (since 90% of the online forums are vBulletin based), but I don't think Martin is around anymore to fix these things? We seem to be heavily downgraded from the point of where we had signatures, could use spoiler boxes and a few other things. 🤔

Some forums I venture, such as the wrestling forum and one for hacks. I paid a lifetime VIP, which gives me status and actually helps those sites. I'd actually pay a lifetime VIP, if it ever became available here... Though if the site became active again with quite a few things to change. 😎

Lukaes
November 7th, 2018, 14:27
hey guys very new sizegenetics (https://www.virtualpalomarwest.org/sizegenetics-review/) to this forum. hope things go well.

lmtlmt
January 25th, 2019, 03:29
What are you looking for?

SkinnyLM
April 1st, 2019, 13:47
Newbie here! Awesome community, guys! Already found a lot of interesting stuff here

lmtlmt
April 10th, 2019, 13:40
Glad to hear it. I'm a veteran of these hallowed halls, fresh blood is welcomed.

ShyVM
February 4th, 2020, 13:35
Hello everyone. A long time lurker just passing by. I'm an old style gamer, still have a bunch of consoles I don't use but I often play emulated games on my PC. I also a programmer and gadget (https://petersfundracer.com/) enthusiast.
This was a fun place as I remember correctly...

kurst3030
March 11th, 2020, 02:23
Hello. Just checking in on one my favorite remaining forums. When I joined dcemu I think I was 12.

edit: 14

Shrygue
March 15th, 2020, 14:10
Welcome back, thank you for checking in once again. We're aren't currently as active as we used to be but we're still around.

Salazar
June 8th, 2020, 11:47
Hello everyone!
I am new to the forum and really glad I found it! Have a great week everybody :cool:

Shrygue
July 13th, 2020, 19:29
Hello folks welcome to the forum, good to see a few new faces here! Hopefully we might get a little bit of life back here and make this place move active again!

billyjhnson
May 10th, 2021, 09:00
Hello everyone I am newbie here and my name is billyjhnson I am gamer since 2012 and I am glad to meet you all.

Kartin
June 3rd, 2021, 10:21
<p>
Hello guys! I am Karty ,nice to meet you)</p>

WButler89
December 14th, 2021, 17:09
Hello everyone! My name is William,and I am well-experienced gamer, so I am very glad that I found this forum. I hope to find a lot of useful information here and share my impressions with other people. Thanks for your attention and good luck everyone!

jimoltem
May 27th, 2022, 17:17
hi!
welcome to the forum