PDA

View Full Version : New Windmill Sources Possibly Portable Games

Eric
September 11th, 2004, 16:23
I just went back to Windmill and i thought i seen some other open source games i could be wrong but here is what i seen:

"The original source code to Styx (245K). Please note that the copyright on this still belongs to Windmill software, and that we do not have permission to distribute Styx in its original form. This source code is provided for historical interest only. If you are interested in making a derivative version of Styx, please start with the Styx Remastered source code instead.

The source code for Styx remastered in Assembler (52K).

The ripped version of Digger (23K).

The ripped version of Styx (19K).

The ripped version of Rollo and the Brush Bros (19K).

The ripped version of Conquest (25K).

The ripped version of Moonbugs (22K).

The ripped version of The Exterminator (18K).

Floppy Frenzy (49K).

Video Trek 88 (65K), the earliest of Windmill Software's games. It is written in BASIC (the .BAS files and .TXT files listing the program code are included in the archive). To run it, you will need a BASIC interpreter such as GWBASIC or BASICA (56K). More modern BASICs such as QBASIC, QuickBASIC or Visual BASIC won't work.

Attack on Altair (23K), the rarest of the Windmill games - I never even knew it existed until someone sent me a copy!"

This is more news for Kamjin and also anybody who has the tools to work on some of these games. The reason why i want these games ported is just it would be cool to see more old PC games on the dreamcast and i was just thinking it would be cool to see a Windmill Compilation disk with all the Open Source games available on that site if they are portable to dreamcast.

I hope this was good news and hope to see something again from that site if possible.

http://www.digger.org/download.html

Thanks

Eric