PDA

View Full Version : Settlers move in on Nintendo DS

wraggster
July 7th, 2006, 21:29
Popular strategy game The Settlers is coming to the Nintendo DS, publisher Ubisoft and developer Blue Byte have announced. It should reach the shops before the end of the year and, amazingly, it will be the 13-year-old franchise's first outing on a handheld.

The game will start with a Roman ship landing on an apparently uninhabited island - and in true Settlers fashion, you will have to establish a settlement - and then train an army to defend it.

Naturally, The Settlers will make extensive use of the DS' touch-screen for designing and organising your settlement. The game will include two campaigns - Roman and World - and there will be a free mode in which you can play against the CPU. It will have 30 different occupations for characters, six types of soldiers and four races: Romans, Vikings, Nubians and Asians.

We'll let you know when a more concrete release date emerges.

Screens Via Comments

Atmoshuo
July 7th, 2006, 21:45
awesome! can't wait for it! i looove the settlers .

ramjet
July 8th, 2006, 09:38
that looks exactly.. and i mean EXACTLY like settlers 2 which is cool if thats what it looks like but it seems more like someone has photoshopped settler2 screens into a DS like frame..
especialy since even the map in the top screen has got close tabs on it which obviously cant be touched.

ACID
July 8th, 2006, 10:11
That does look nice if thats how it looks i will give some use to mi DS.

tisti
July 8th, 2006, 10:34
OMFG, if we get that, I'll double cream my pants :D Finaly a RTS

Mazza
July 8th, 2006, 13:01
wow, as long as it's not like age of empires on the DS.

I'll definately get it if it's the same gameplay as the PC version