PDA

View Full Version : A Lost Miyamoto Project - Super Mario 128

wraggster
July 7th, 2006, 22:24
After the 1996 release of Super Mario 64, magazines for years mentioned Super Mario 128 - a game that would feature both Mario & Luigi for release on the N64 or its 64DD add-on. Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto lays the game to rest as one of his lost projects. From the article: 'Super Mario 128 was just one of many experimental games we had. Suddenly, everybody started talking about it. I'm in the all-too easy habit of starting a project only to later on not do much of it. There is a great deal of unfinished work on my desk. I worked on a prototype for the Nintendo 64 game with Mario and Luigi in it for some time." As it turns out elements of Super Mario 128 live on in Super Mario Galaxy on Wii

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 22:29
i never heard of this

GeEkPiE
July 7th, 2006, 22:36
yeaaa, miyamoto said that mario 128 was goin to be part of mario galaxy on Wii at E3

Shilo
July 8th, 2006, 05:17
I remeber awhile back, when the Gamecube was about ready to comeout, there was screen shots of a game called Super Mario 128 and there were around 128 Marios on the screen! LOL

stotheamuel
July 8th, 2006, 05:40
it was the tech demo.. for game cube (I THINK) and has been "going to be a game" for the longest ass time but seems i finaly can confirm it isnt going to ever happen.. kinda sad