PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty "most likely" to start couple row

wraggster
January 20th, 2010, 16:21
Call of Duty is the game series most likely to start a row between a couple, research has found (clearly these researchers have never tried to show the missus Mario Kart).

According to a study conducted by UK online discount site, MyVoucherCodes, one in five women have dumped their partner because of their gaming habits.

Research revealed that 80 per cent of women claim their other half spends too much time playing computer games or browsing the web. Furthermore, 70 per cent said the gaming addiction was the cause of arguments between the couple.

Research head, Mark Pearson said of the findings: "While men are more likely to spend their time running recon with, scoring goals against or shooting at people from all over the world, women are just as to blame for the time they spend online for relationship breakups according to the study.

"I'm no relationship expert, but it seems that as technology improves, our ability to interact with those around us lessens - hopefully these statistics will be the push people need to reassess the way they treat loved ones."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=232206?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

fpcreator2000
January 20th, 2010, 16:57
Technology is a double-edge sword. Women will complain about the gaming habits of their partners, and men will complain to women for spending too much time online, or on the phone.

People just need to learn to put down the mouse/phone/controller. All of these thing are just transient pleasures, and people need to realise this.

I love games, but I do not make them my life. Now if games are the only reason for your existence, then there is a problem. You need to see a psychologist, or a psychiatrist.

JushinLiger
January 21st, 2010, 22:16
That's a sad reason to dump someone. Although I'm the man that dumped my ex because she got fat... I keed! She just turned into a bitch during her 2nd year at uni.
My girlfriend is the console hog sometimes. I got a 360 for Christmas and I had to come up with a routine so we could both play it. Then there's the whole "Playing DS on the crapper" issue. Anyone else get that one?

symbal
January 21st, 2010, 22:31
If you get a Psp go don't forget to use that on the crapper, then flush it when you finished.