PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO and NEOGEO CD PSP Emulator Updates

b8a
July 8th, 2006, 09:56
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/) keeps hammering away at those updates. Here's the translated notes for each version from his web site:

NEOGEO Emulator for PSP 0.1.3 (bugfix)

*When changing a MVS BIOS to AES in Machine Mode, there are games that are caught by protections and can't be launched, however, this is simply the way it works.
This feature was only ever intended to be, at most, a bonus novelty.

-0.1.3 (bugfix)-
-Fixed a timer processing bug that I discovered while working on the update to ncdzpsp.
-Fixed a problem where there was a possibility that you wouldn't be able to exit the software after a reset was fired from watchdog and would fall into an endless loop.

NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.5 beta 2

(from the readme)
As this is a beta version, there are probably plenty of games that won't work.

What's Changed beta 2
-Fixed the timer processing.
-Fixed the watchdog processing.
-Updated the state save version. Compatibility with previous versions is lost.

Download and Give Feedback on both Emulators va the Comments

ACID
July 8th, 2006, 09:58
Nice job man NJ is unhuman

R4mbo
July 8th, 2006, 12:26
Nice Job !
Btw: I'm very happy to tell I'd successfully downdated from 2.5 FACTORY to 1.5 :D
It made me swet. But now i'm a happy 1.5 user!

I used the Full Downdater from this... psphacks.com(?) site.

D0N
July 8th, 2006, 13:28
Nice work NJ! Another update yet again. Do you ever sleep? :D Anyway keep up good work!

mr_nick666
July 8th, 2006, 13:34
Nice Job !
Btw: I'm very happy to tell I'd successfully downdated from 2.5 FACTORY to 1.5 :D
It made me swet. But now i'm a happy 1.5 user!

I used the Full Downdater from this... psphacks.com(?) site.

/\ /\ Welcome to a land of opportunity! ;)

Great work NJ :D

Voltron
July 8th, 2006, 14:30
Welcome to the joys of 1.50 R4MBO! Congrats on the downgrade -

WOW, I just tried both of these updates. Both work really, really well. I really have not messed with the regular Neo Geo EMU much until now. But I must say it is quite good. Better because it saves space by having smaller games.

If someone is really familiar with this I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1.) When loading games that are cached I get an error stating Could not allocate Region_GFX3 memory... Is this a big deal? The game still loads and plays fine.

2.) I noticed Zintrick doesn't have music. only SFX. Is this my setup or is it like that for everyone?

3.) Which bios is the best? I noticed games will load with various bios versions. Which one is best and what is the difference?

4.) Can this play games with .ROM extension? Zintrick is a .ROM game and it loads. I tried Neo Bomberman .ROM version and it has errors and won't load. The configuration menu lets you switch between arcade & console so I thought maybe this could now play console ROMS.

If anyone could help me out on any of those ?'s I'd appreciate it. This EMU is too good to not know exactly how everything works.

AWESOME STUFF NJ!

ritz
July 8th, 2006, 14:56
Any one know what is the best neo geo pocket emulator. All o mine seem pretty crappy.

dublas1980
July 8th, 2006, 15:48
nice job!

antheus
July 8th, 2006, 15:50
Whats the difference between these 2 emus, worth having both installed or not?

SSaxdude
July 8th, 2006, 15:53
Whats the difference between these 2 emus, worth having both installed or not?
One is a Neo Geo CD emulator, the other is the cartridge Neo Geo emulator. Neo Geo CD was only a home console and had less games than the cartridge one.

migsgiz
July 8th, 2006, 17:06
man in still on beta4 is that a bad?

Kaiser
July 8th, 2006, 18:04
NJ is a homebrew releasing machine these days :D

I love anything bearing the Neo Geo name.

LazerTag
July 8th, 2006, 18:39
Quick question, Are only games with an associated LST file compatible?

If not does anyone have a full list of games?

Great emulator!

Kvonx
July 8th, 2006, 19:16
help me ppl.......................ive bin livin under a rok, always hearin about neogeo but exactly wat does it emulates i nevr tried it

Nobunaga
July 8th, 2006, 19:25
It emulates the neogeo mvs, which was made made for arcade games. There was also the AES, which also played the same games, only with some extra options. It's a great emulator.

Kvonx
July 8th, 2006, 19:46
lovely.......thanks so can i play marvel vs. camcom

Dj.PsP
July 8th, 2006, 20:37
lovely.......thanks so can i play marvel vs. camcom

errrr.... isn't that a CPS-2 game? :) I don't think we'll ever see CPS-2 games on the PSP, not emulated though ;)

Voltron
July 8th, 2006, 20:42
man in still on beta4 is that a bad?

One thing that everyone needs to realize about NJ's Neo Geo EMU's, both NeoGeo & Neo Geo CDZ is that you would NEVER believe it was a beta or a W.I.P. once you use it.

Put it this way, if NJ was working for Sony and Sony "officially" released this for the PSP, most people would BUY it. YES! These EMU's are that damn good. I can't believe I'm using homebrew when playing these EMU's.

NJ, you are extremely talented and I am so glad you are part of the homebrew scene.

grit
July 9th, 2006, 01:45
One thing that everyone needs to realize about NJ's Neo Geo EMU's, both NeoGeo & Neo Geo CDZ is that you would NEVER believe it was a beta or a W.I.P. once you use it.

Put it this way, if NJ was working for Sony and Sony "officially" released this for the PSP, most people would BUY it. YES! These EMU's are that damn good. I can't believe I'm using homebrew when playing these EMU's.

NJ, you are extremely talented and I am so glad you are part of the homebrew scene.

I must agree! This emu's GUI integrates seamlessly into PSP's GUI. :) Note i.e the contextual menu in NeoCDZ' command when pressing triangle; Note the "Now Loading" message...

And every release is Stable as a Gold Master. One of the best PSP coders around!

Now, did anybody notice the graphic rendering problem in this version of neogeo (not CD) in "NEO Drift Out" and "Trash Rally". I think there weren't any problems before..

ThanX NJ! Keep them coming! :D

aries2k4
July 9th, 2006, 03:52
I always thought the neogeo cd emu was the most powerful emu for the psp. Now we also have the neogeo emu. if you like shooters and fighting games this is a great emu.
Nice job as always NJ

ACID
July 9th, 2006, 04:30
NJ great job can it possible get Any better.

Pumped'Up
July 9th, 2006, 06:45
Thanks NJ :)

quicksilv
July 11th, 2006, 14:43
seems new version is out http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.4.5
-The execution speed drop from ver.0.4 has been improved.
(I think that it became almost the same speed as ver.0.3.1.)
-The bug in file browser that keep accessing file when displaying title image
from the zipped file has been fixed.
-The function of the counter for the timing measurement has been changed.
-Japanese font data was deleted from English version.
Therefore, the Japanese version command list can be used only in the Japanese UI version.
-And, some small bugs has been fixed.

NEOGEO Emulator for PSP 0.2
-save/load state
-kf2k3pcb