PDA

View Full Version : Kernal

PSPKOR
July 8th, 2006, 15:02
Question to PSmonkey here, are you thinking about using kernal access on any of your projects, now that mostly everyone should have a V1.5 PSP, because of the resent V2.5+6 downgrader. I can remember you saying a while back that you wanted to keep M64 on V2+ firmwares. But could you not get better speed and stuff on games if you went into using kernal access? You may have already said this some where, sorry if you have, I was just wundering.

SSaxdude
July 8th, 2006, 15:58
This would be a good idea, I wonder if it will be done in Daedulus.

Accordion
July 8th, 2006, 16:44
i dont think there is much difference until sound support is added, which can then be moved to m.e.
but we dont have sound support yet

Gizmo356
July 8th, 2006, 16:49
no dont do that im sure alot of people like myself have not downgraded

DPyro
July 8th, 2006, 18:42
You can just use the kernel exploit for 2.6 an use a new version of eloader which includes the use of the new exploit.

Buddy4point0
July 8th, 2006, 23:44
i personally have not downgraded do to the many features that the 2.6 has to offer the e-boot loader is fine the only way im probly gonna downgrade is if iris online and itf are only for 1.5-1.0

edit:i just saw the thing about 2.6 kernal mode why do you need to downgrade! if kernal mode 2.6 eboot can do everything then everything should work fine with it even online so when the installer comes out fo it i will be very happy and hopefully itf and iris online will work i think they should and yea 2 words 2.6 kernal (its actually 4 but whatever)

Render
July 9th, 2006, 16:27
If you like the 2.6 features, you will like 2.71 features better now that 2.71 has been decrypted and BOOSTER is working on devhook emulating/loading 2.71

like 2.5 loading it will be flawless.

so yes I do see a reason to downgrade..

AND you will be able to play 2.71 games

I've had 1.5 for a year now and its great.