PDA

View Full Version : Easy Downgrader for v1.50 to V1.00 Firmware

wraggster
July 8th, 2006, 19:40
Xtrusion (http://psp.xtrusion.es/en/) has posted a new downgrader for v1.50 users to downgrade to v1.0 consoles.

This Downgrader is good for newcomers as it is more friendly and totally talks you along the processes, this can be used as an alternative to the other downgrader released.

As with all these downgrader releases only use if 100% sure, read other comments before using

Download HERE (http://rapidshare.de/files/25213263/Downgrader1.50-1.00ENLIGHT.exe.html)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 8th, 2006, 19:42
why would anyone downgrade their 1.5 to 1.00??

The_It
July 8th, 2006, 19:48
yeah, don't some emulators only work with 1.5? Or do they work on 1.0 too?

jason215
July 8th, 2006, 19:49
i would do it 0_o

sroon
July 8th, 2006, 19:52
Then do it!

Kvonx
July 8th, 2006, 19:58
i wouldn't dare risk mi psp 4 a 1.0................hell no

Voltron
July 8th, 2006, 20:10
These downgrade methods have been proven and created by very capable people. I think the "risk" factor is limited to not following directions properly. Hell, the downgrader is even trusted by the most talented of EMU coders, zx-81, who recently downgraded his 2.50 PSP to a 1.50.

But anyway, I just don't see the point in giving up 1.50 versatility for 1.00. If there were more RAM or kernel access or other similar benefits, it may be worth it but that is not the case.

Its probably good for devs and testing purposes, but I don't think ma.ny 1.50 users will change to 1.00. Also, you would have to give up DevHook..... I don't think so!

SnoopKatt
July 8th, 2006, 20:17
I would have to give up DevHook? I don't know...

Sterist
July 8th, 2006, 20:18
yeah, don't some emulators only work with 1.5? Or do they work on 1.0 too?

all emulators work on 1.00. every single one of.... the ones that work lol

1.00 also gives full access to hardware, making quite a few more things possible. (for example, using 4mb vid ram and 6mb kernel mem to add to over all ram. with more ram, bigger programs (such as emulators) can be ran. however, 1.5 requires an exploit or something to do this (from the way its talked about).

the problem is, everything is pre-packaged for 1.5 because it was like 80% of PSP homebrew community. 1.00's were a dieing breed, so homebrew was kxploited (the 2 folders w/ eboots, which is what 1.5 users have_to_use)

xploited games dont run in 1.00. the extra eboot makes the game exit back to the xmb or something.

edit: 1 more minor thing about 1.00s.... they display the logo when booting games for less than half as long as 1.50+

Voltron
July 8th, 2006, 20:32
1 more minor thing about 1.00s.... they display the logo when booting games for less than half as long as 1.50+

Ahh yes, I remember reading about that awhile ago. That homebrew loads much faster on 1.00. The amount of extra Kernel & Video RAM you mentioned seems too good to be true. I am still going to stick with 1.50.

If DevHook and ALL UMD GAMES could be played on a 1.00, along with the homebrew benefits, that would be tempting.

The_It
July 8th, 2006, 20:38
soo... If I had 1.00, I would be able to do everything I can do in 1.50 and more.

and about the 1.5 homebrew games, would I be able to just delete the folder wih the % and it would work perfectly on 1.00?

kfish2oo2
July 8th, 2006, 20:49
extra vid memory sounds and kernal memory sounds cool, but only devs can make use of it so its pointless downgrading until someone comes out with a decent utuiliztion of those extra memery features. and surely it would be a very simple thing to write a reverse kxploiter? for now downgrading is only usefull for devs.

EDIT: The It, read other posts properly before posting. That question has already been answered, no you cant.

gotmilk0112
July 8th, 2006, 20:52
i wouldnt risk my psp again because i cant afford a brick.

fistikuffs
July 8th, 2006, 20:54
soo... If I had 1.00, I would be able to do everything I can do in 1.50 and more.

and about the 1.5 homebrew games, would I be able to just delete the folder wih the % and it would work perfectly on 1.00?

I don't think so mate:confused:

There is no real advantage to having 1.0 yet but wait for about six months and 1.0 will be a must have!!

MikeDX
July 8th, 2006, 21:12
It wont be 6 months, it'll be 2 months

Uruz 6
July 8th, 2006, 21:13
1.00 is the future.
It's only a matter of time now.

Amiga
July 8th, 2006, 21:18
ive just upgraded to 1.5 from 1.0 lol

SSaxdude
July 8th, 2006, 21:30
The original downgrader was easy in my opinion.

The_It
July 8th, 2006, 21:43
ok... what are the pros and cons of downgrading to 1.00 from 1.50 right now?

mexicansnake
July 8th, 2006, 22:18
urm I like my 1.5, for now i dont want to downgrade...

fistikuffs
July 8th, 2006, 22:24
It wont be 6 months, it'll be 2 months

Thats great news!!!:D :D :D

MikeDX
July 8th, 2006, 22:55
Well, I'm only educated-guessing ;)

jman420
July 8th, 2006, 23:44
Has anyone tried this downgrader? and does it work??

caseyhalone
July 9th, 2006, 00:16
yeah, I will do it when I can still have the same apps running that I use now. It is just a matter of time before the apps we love are all ported to 1.0 and this might be really good for N64 and mame stuff that just wants more power and ram. right?

jman420
July 9th, 2006, 01:03
right, as soon as 1.00 has Dax&Pax loader (for all my UMD's) and when 1.00 is supierior I will downgrade.

telnaur
July 9th, 2006, 01:41
Im really looking forward to the future of custom FW upgrades without a modchip, n64 emulator speed ups, and gba emulator speed ups.

mog
July 9th, 2006, 02:43
I feel like I've been missing out on something...
There are so many threads, on loads of forums, talking about downgrading...
I have never updated from 1.00 before because there haven't been any updates that would upgrade my psp... and there's no point updating to a downgraded version.

Now finally, everyone with 2.60 and below will be able to downdate their psp with this upgrade! :D

But I still feel like I've missed out on all the action...
Never updating to a fresh new fw, before getting annoyed each time that homebrew has more problems.
Never having the joy of running a downdate...

Maybe I should run through all the updates one at a time.
From 1.00 through to 2.60, then downdate to 1.50, then finally restore 1.00...
Then I could see what I've been missing all this time...
... nah! :p

Kvonx
July 9th, 2006, 04:33
Have u noticed..............sony's going ^ in firmware and we r going v LOL

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 9th, 2006, 06:45
I feel like I've been missing out on something...
There are so many threads, on loads of forums, talking about downgrading...
I have never updated from 1.00 before because there haven't been any updates that would upgrade my psp... and there's no point updating to a downgraded version.

Now finally, everyone with 2.60 and below will be able to downdate their psp with this upgrade! :D

But I still feel like I've missed out on all the action...
Never updating to a fresh new fw, before getting annoyed each time that homebrew has more problems.
Never having the joy of running a downdate...

Maybe I should run through all the updates one at a time.
From 1.00 through to 2.60, then downdate to 1.50, then finally restore 1.00...
Then I could see what I've been missing all this time...
... nah! :p

hey that sounds really cool! good luck with it!

telnaur
July 9th, 2006, 14:05
Have u noticed..............sony's going ^ in firmware and we r going v LOL

and once we go v all the way to 1.00 we can go ^ to a much better custom firmware :D

Tobiatch
July 10th, 2006, 00:05
Ahh yes, I remember reading about that awhile ago. That homebrew loads much faster on 1.00. The amount of extra Kernel & Video RAM you mentioned seems too good to be true. I am still going to stick with 1.50.

If DevHook and ALL UMD GAMES could be played on a 1.00, along with the homebrew benefits, that would be tempting.
well, fw 1.0 always runs at full 333mhz speed and thats all i think. in the end you only get less portable play time.

mog
July 10th, 2006, 01:21
well, fw 1.0 always runs at full 333mhz speed and thats all i think. in the end you only get less portable play time.
Tobiatech, where did you here that from?
The only place I've heard about that was on PSP-Hacks forums...

Good things: allows to let you run homebrew easily.
bad things: the battery was drained quick by a 1.0 psp becuase the proccesor was on 333 mhz all the time.
Good things: also allows you to run homebrew using kxploit and the battery live was increased.
I only heard that about a week ago, and I was sure that wasn't true.
So to find out whether that was true or not, I made a simple PSP program in C, which just gets the PSP's CPU clock frequency.

I used the sceGetCpuClockFrequency() function to get current CPU frequency.

After switching on my 1.00 PSP and doing nothing else but running my program, it returns 222Mhz as my CPU clock frequency. :p

So that disadvantage doesn't actually exist as far as I can tell.

pkmusicmaker
July 10th, 2006, 07:02
Downgraded yesterday, not a huge difference.

- O and X are switched.
- PSP Screen doesn't stick around as long while loading games
- Loading Icon for games looks different
- Short load times for homebrew

Anyone else downgrade? I'm having trouble with SNES TYL on it. Freezes up everytime.

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 07:10
Downgraded yesterday, not a huge difference.

- O and X are switched.
- PSP Screen doesn't stick around as long while loading games
- Loading Icon for games looks different
- Short load times for homebrew

Anyone else downgrade? I'm having trouble with SNES TYL on it. Freezes up everytime.
well atleast i know it works, ur like one of the only people i've seen downgrade...i'm waitin til they have mostly everything workin on 1.0 before i downgrade yet again :D

pkmusicmaker
July 10th, 2006, 09:16
I'm surprised more people aren't curious enough to downgrade. You can always upgrade if you don't like it. I'm not used to having so few folders in my GAME folder, but it's a beautiful sight lol.

mog
July 10th, 2006, 18:09
I run SNES9X TYL on my PSP all the time and it has never frozen
The version I use is 0.42me... Which version are you using?

Also, the swapping over of the X and O buttons isn't really a feature of 1.00...
Japanese PSP users with 1.50 also have their buttons round this way.
It just depends on which country you get your firmware dump from... and if the buttons were switched over in flash.

If I ever wanted to update to 1.50 I would use the japanese update to keep the buttons round the right way. :p

repuken2
July 11th, 2006, 01:27
In case that 10 more mb of ram are avaiable for programs to run and, in case that for example NJ neogeo emulator is NOT using it then we might get the newer games with no slowdown, maybe even saving precious cache files space or even getting newer games with sound?.
THAT would be really coool :D

pkmusicmaker
July 11th, 2006, 01:42
I run SNES9X TYL on my PSP all the time and it has never frozen
The version I use is 0.42me... Which version are you using?

Also, the swapping over of the X and O buttons isn't really a feature of 1.00...
Japanese PSP users with 1.50 also have their buttons round this way.
It just depends on which country you get your firmware dump from... and if the buttons were switched over in flash.

If I ever wanted to update to 1.50 I would use the japanese update to keep the buttons round the right way. :p

I didn't say the swapping buttons was a feature, I was listing differences.

Shadowblind
July 11th, 2006, 01:56
Very odd, downgrading so one only has to look at the PSP load screen half the time.

It may seem odd to me, though because to me waiting really isn't that bad.

mog
July 11th, 2006, 13:43
Very odd, downgrading so one only has to look at the PSP load screen half the time.

It may seem odd to me, though because to me waiting really isn't that bad.
Yeah, but 1.00 is the true homebrew firmware...
It's almost as if Sony wanted us 1.00 users to have homebrew.
But to use homebrew on higher firmwares you have to use exploits.

Also, you make it seem like the load times were the only advantage of 1.00.
How about not needing the %folders, more ram available, custom firmwares (supposedly), etc...

And once UMD loaders are all working on 1.00 it seems likely that homebrew will stop being kxploit-ed and be made in only 1.00 format.
Currently a lot of homebrew is only uploaded in kxploit-ed 1.50 only format, which needs to be converted for 1.00, 2.00, 2.01, 2.50 and 2.60.

Soon it's bound to change the other way round; most homebrew will be uploaded only in 1.00 format.
1.50 users will have to use a 1.00->1.50 converter on most all homebrew they download. :p

I didn't say the swapping buttons was a feature, I was listing differences.I guess... but it wouldn't be a difference on everyones PSP though. :)
Have you got SNES TYL working alright now?