PDA

View Full Version : Undiluted Platinum - PSP Modchip for Sale at Divineo

wraggster
July 9th, 2006, 13:45
The major hardware for consoles store Divineo now has the Undiluted Platinum - PSP Modchip for sale at some of its stores, heres the info:

http://www.divineo.it/divineo/images/products/psp-uplat.jpg

Divineo Italy (http://www.divineo.it/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-uplat) are selling the Modchip for 89.99 €

Divineo Spain (http://www.divineo.es/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-up) are selling the Modchip for 89.95 € and are also selling lots of deals with the modchip.

Divineo Germany (http://www.divineo.de/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-chip-up) are selling the Modchip for 89.95 €

There you go, if your from non english speaking countrys you now have another great option to buy the PSP Modchip.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 9th, 2006, 14:21
Is there any call for these nkw with 1.00 accesable to all. And the chance of custom FWs on 1.00 to emulate 2.71 now that that has been decrypted ???.

fistikuffs
July 9th, 2006, 15:02
I think with the extra flash onboard the mod chip you can "unbrick" your psp. But as far as i know thats the only main advantage. Am I right?

jwilds73
July 9th, 2006, 16:39
This will be a great tool for developers I just don't see the benefit of owning it right now as a gamer. I could see having one in the future if they developed a firmware that used far less resources then the standard psp firmware. Meaning more ram and cpu power available due to the custom firmware's low demand on system resources. If there was a custom firmware that became "required" for certain emu's to run. I'm thinking of the memory requirements for Neo Geo MVS and N64 etc then I would purchase this

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 9th, 2006, 17:45
Yeah but custom FWs are a reallity now with 1.00 been accessable to the masses its only a matter of time before one apears.Maybe in the form or irshell as a flashable version and the abilty to do the thing we cannot mention.and much more besides.

LampDev
July 9th, 2006, 20:09
I've been wondering exactly how programmable these things are... whether or not developers could take advantage of the extra hardware these would provide.

Could a devloper redefine the seperate 32 MB of NAND into available RAM for use in emulators? Yes, I obviously don't know shit about hardware programming.

Voltron
July 9th, 2006, 21:49
These seem way to damn expensive. With the recent developments over the last week, I think the MOD CHIP is not as appealing as it first was. Hopefully there will be a price drop.

BlackJack23
July 9th, 2006, 22:02
Wow

To think a month ago that this topic would have at least 200 posts of people rejoicing that they could finally have 1.5 firmware. And here I am, the seventh poster. What a joke the modchip has become. I'm sorry for all your hard works guys, but if you had released it just a month earlier, you actually could have made some profit. Now the only reason to buy a modchip would be to unbrick your psp or run this supposed 'custom firmware' which according to most experienced users is near impossibility. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because France just lost the damn world cup so forgive me.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 9th, 2006, 22:14
LMAO was frances own SSSSTTTOOOPPPID fault.god damn Zidane

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 9th, 2006, 22:17
P.s custom FW is not an impossiblity its just made alot harder with the new FWs now most of these are decrypted and most of us can use FW 1.00 with no security restrictios to limit hardware use its just a matter of time before a custom FW appears with the ability to fully emulate 2.71 in a flash.

arashi
July 9th, 2006, 23:01
This is amusing to watch, after the breakthroughs of the past week. I'm curious to hear what the makers of UP think about it all, and how they should now fit into the PSP community. It's a great device for developers, and if you brick your psp, then you have a saviour, but I can't imagine any mass quantities sold now, like I did a short while ago. Hopefully Epsilon will step up and help the community come out with a fantastic custom firmware. :)

MaxSMoke
July 10th, 2006, 10:31
I would like to hear from just ONE person who actually has this chip installed in their PSP. I still question if it's even real.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 11:37
Like peeps b4 have said its not realy a viable option now unless u have bricked your psp.

mog
July 10th, 2006, 16:58
I would like to hear from just ONE person who actually has this chip installed in their PSP. I still question if it's even real.
Well, I can confirm that if you try to buy one, a few days later you will recieve a thin black box with Undiluted Platinum written on it, with a modchip inside that looks exactly like the one displayed.

I know this because a few hours ago, a nice DHL delivery guy handed me my modchip here in the UK! :)

After looking at how insanely small the chip is, I think I'm gonna need to plan things through a little, before completely melting my 1.00 PSP.

Although I have always had 1.00 installed on my PSP, I am still going to fit the modchip.
Two flash chips are better than one! :p

*EDIT* - I forgot to mention, I didn't get mine from Divineo, but got it from ModChipStore.com.

LampDev
July 11th, 2006, 00:02
The guys from psphacking101.com (http://www.psphacking101.com/) got theirs on Friday, and they're busy trying to install the thing, videotape it, edit the video, and get it out.

I'd have to imagine that it's insanely hard to do and that the following are undocumented costs associated with installing the chip yourself:

magnifying glass
holding tools
soldering mask
very tiny solder
a very fine soldering iron
compressed air can

How much do you think that would cost? C'mon it's time to play the Price is Right. Is the total cost of those items under or over $100?

Napalm-Death
July 11th, 2006, 00:06
Should be less than $50.