PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: CPC Emulator for PSP v1.1.1 (sound is good now !)

zx-81
July 9th, 2006, 18:18
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap-11.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.
The main achievement here, is the sound quality that has been seriously improved :D !

First, i would like to thank Loic Daneels for his hard work on keyboard files !

What's new in version 1.1.1 :

- New keyboard files from Loic Daneels (more than 470 games !)
- Improve the sound, it's now much more better !
- The percent of battery left is now displayed in the emulator window
- Add a watchdog to automatreturn to the emulator menu when the battery is very low (< 5%)
- Add option to modify the "sound tick average" value (usefull to avoid sound distortion on many games)
- Enter directly in the emulator menu on startup (instead of the CPC screen)
- Bug fix in smooth image algorithm (resulting in wrong color display)
- Other bug fix (sdl semaphore) and code cleaning

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
July 9th, 2006, 18:39
thanks for another great release :)

-LO-LEADER1
July 9th, 2006, 18:47
first woot! gj

ACID
July 9th, 2006, 18:52
Awsome what will we do with out ZX.:)

xiringu
July 9th, 2006, 18:58
great, as always ... :)

gelon
July 9th, 2006, 21:45
I never played Amstrad CPC so i have a few questions

When i load a disk, what i need to do later ... i use the RUN/CPM command but it do nothing. Same with CAT

zx-81
July 9th, 2006, 21:48
I never played Amstrad CPC so i have a few questions

When i load a disk, what i need to do later ... i use the RUN/CPM command but it do nothing. Same with CAT

Have a look to the readme file, i've taken an example, step by step (with the game called green beret) ;) ...

gelon
July 9th, 2006, 22:16
Have a look to the readme file, i've taken an example, step by step (with the game called green beret) ;) ...

Yep, i follow the steps but some games in disk dont work

As example, A-Team work, but it is soooooooo slooowww

John Vattic
July 9th, 2006, 22:28
i applaud your devotion to the psp scene zx-81!

i got cpc to work and the atari YAY!

p.s. is a virtual boy emulator possible?

zx-81
July 9th, 2006, 22:38
Yep, i follow the steps but some games in disk dont work

As example, A-Team work, but it is soooooooo slooowww

Set the PSP CPU clock to 333, and increase frameskip when the game is to slow ;) ...

Amiga
July 10th, 2006, 11:55
this version seems a hell of a lot faster than previous versions.

Thanks very much ZX81.

BeefJerky
July 10th, 2006, 12:49
This seems excellent - is there a way to use .cpr files? I have a bunch of them and can't find a way of converting them to either .dsk or .sna.

In a search I found this thread - http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24129&page=3 - where Mario had the same issue and seemed to sort it. Going to the page linked in that thread, I did find a utility but it is uncompiled and, for whatever reason, I had no luck putting it together (possible it was my XP machine but more likely that I was out of my depth with it).

Anyone know if there is an easy way to convert .cpr to a format that works with this emulator? TIA!

zx-81
July 10th, 2006, 13:01
I haven't tried to do so. All the games i have are in .dsk format ...

Have a look on my blog, there are usefull links ;)

here (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/archives/36-PSPCAP32-Amstrad-CPC-Emulator-for-PSP-v1.0.9.html)

BeefJerky
July 10th, 2006, 13:03
Thanks hugely ZX-81. I'll see if I can find something there!

Edit: Hmmm...not having the easiest time finding my way around there. Not to worry, thanks anyway! Hopefully someone will have the answer - I know it can be done, it's just finding a method achievable for someone at my level. I'm dying to get stuck into Sir Lancelot. I wasted half my childhood on that game.

jamesmarine
July 10th, 2006, 21:30
Hm the emulator is fine when i disable sound.. With sound i get horribe framerate.. still, well done :)

zx-81
July 11th, 2006, 23:41
Hm the emulator is fine when i disable sound.. With sound i get horribe framerate.. still, well done :)

It depends of the game ... When i set the clock to 333 and a frame skip to 1, i can play most of games with a good speed.:)