PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Measure a Game's Worth?

wraggster
January 23rd, 2010, 22:02
Video games can be very expensive these days, especially with so many great games on the horizon. So I wonder: how exactly do you get the most gaming entertainment for your dollar? '... the first thing I personally thought about when approaching this was money spent versus time played. Using Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions as an example: I bought the game for about $30 Canadian, and played it for roughly 85 hours. That comes out to 2.83 hours per dollar spent, a pretty good number. In this case, the game was a lot of fun and it was cheap, and so the system works fairly well. There are so many other things to think about, though. What if the game wasn't so good? What about the fact that it's portable? ... What about the new content? Multiplayer?

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/01/23/0511255/How-Do-You-Measure-a-Games-Worth

VampDude
January 24th, 2010, 01:28
I buy more games than I actually play, but with that I can easily cycle to the next game when I'm bored or finished with the game I'm playing.

Games are about the playability, plus they have to look good and have a good story.

For me, a game must have at least 10 hours of play.