PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.51b Released (Amiga Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
July 9th, 2006, 22:21
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspuae2.jpg

I knew about this release for days now and can finally reveal that a coder named Ric and with the help of Hungry Horace (http://www.pspuae.com/) have updated the Amiga Emulator for the PSP along with a new site (http://www.pspuae.com/) for it,

Heres whats new with the Amiga Emulator for PSP:

Lets get the ball rolling then shall we....

here it is, thanks to Ric's latest efforts in updating the pspuae code, and FOL's determination to tidy-up his homebrew!

It's identical to the 0.51 version, except without the Xploit icon and stuff.

Some of the newer features of pspuae include:

4 channel sound mode
Savestates re-introduced
Kickstart Rom Selector
Firmware 1.5 compatibility

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

zx-81
July 9th, 2006, 22:29
Excellent news ! i try this version immediatly :)

wraggster
July 9th, 2006, 22:34
hehe, so many emulators released today :)

Kurthis
July 9th, 2006, 22:40
Thought this one was dead...

great to hear it isn't :)

In fact the only thing i need it for, is to listen to turrican 2 soundtrack on the go ;P

stevewynn
July 9th, 2006, 22:41
At last, an update of the uae emulator!!!

I really really hope the guys continue to develop the emu. i have so many fond memories from the amiga days! :D

Please, please, please make this perfect!!!

whitey75
July 9th, 2006, 22:47
Me too steve! This is great news, been waiting for ages for this good stuff. It'll be interesting to see if there are any speed increases.

xiringu
July 9th, 2006, 22:52
yes yes yes

xenon2 ...here I come!!! :)

beastie
July 9th, 2006, 22:53
xcellent news , classic machine

Cho Aniki
July 9th, 2006, 22:55
Heh thats very weird , I was day dreaming today about an update of this emu and now im feeling very david lynchian;~

Cho Aniki
July 9th, 2006, 23:26
Has anyone else tried this with datel 4gb hdd? im suspecting it doesnt work , just throws me back to the menu and yes I have named my kick files correctly and im using firmware 1.5.

Update: never mind its just this summer heat playing tricks with my head , i got it working:)

Briggzy11
July 9th, 2006, 23:29
Its amazing just how many emulators are getting released lately. I went to Germany for a week then when I come back I have to update my PSP almost COMPLETELY!!!

Its well worth it though...

...And I thought my DS Lite was gonna take over the console emulation for me. Fat chance that will happen now lol

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 9th, 2006, 23:57
WOW awsome thought this emu had been laid to rest time to dig out my amiga roms dvds lol.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 00:25
Just tried turrican 2 runs like a crippled pig :( hopefully it will get better.

FOL
July 10th, 2006, 00:41
It was updated a few months back by Ric to work on V2.x +, this latest version has added compatability for V1.50.

I didnt want this to die, so I asked HH about setting up a site, to house the emu as the original PSPUAE site is dead.

To cut a long story short the new site is up and running.

Think this is my first post (Registered a long time ago, just had nohing good to say)

Voltron
July 10th, 2006, 00:56
Can anyone recommend some TOP Amiga games for those who have never experienced Amiga as of yet?

FOL
July 10th, 2006, 00:59
Dune,
Turrican 1 & 2,
Bubble Bobble,
Apidya,
Venus The Fly Trap,
Cannon Fodder,
Swos.

Exoskeletor
July 10th, 2006, 01:04
super frog,
yo joe,
monkey island 2,
kick off.

FOL
July 10th, 2006, 01:08
super frog,
yo joe,
monkey island 2,
kick off.

Those are good to, there are so many good game for the Amiga.

SpacemanSpiff
July 10th, 2006, 01:30
King's Quest V and VI! They take forever to load though :(

Hungry Horace
July 10th, 2006, 01:34
LOL - kinda genrous of wraggster to say i helped on the emu.... i just love to spread the amiga love! - i dont want to steal other peoples credit.... Ric's the man with the knowledge.

great amiga games... stacks and stacks!! though they dnt all play well on pspuae yet. Amiga Sensible World of Soccer though is probably the best game on any system ever.

dont expect massive developments on this one yet people, just be grateful Ric has even bothered to pick up the source from where it was dropped! (he's updated the source code to the latest version of e-uae)

FOL
July 10th, 2006, 01:40
LOL - kinda genrous of wraggster to say i helped on the emu.... i just love to spread the amiga love! - i dont want to steal other peoples credit.... Ric's the man with the knowledge.

great amiga games... stacks and stacks!! though they dnt all play well on pspuae yet. Amiga Sensible World of Soccer though is probably the best game on any system ever.

dont expect massive developments on this one yet people, just be grateful Ric has even bothered to pick up the source from where it was dropped! (he's updated the source code to the latest version of e-uae)

Indeed, Ric is the man. I had all but given up hope on this Emu, until I found tucked away, V0.41.1, then I found out Ric hadupdated it, I even Upgraded and bought GTA just to play it, lol.

nexus68
July 10th, 2006, 03:45
Great an update of the uae emulator, thanks.
Alien breed
BattleSquadron
Gods
agony
Killing Game Show
Speedball2
ShadowoftheBeast
.....so many great games

whitey75
July 10th, 2006, 05:01
Microprose Grand Prix on the PSP would be awesome.

Also :
Nitro
Speedball 2
Rick Dangerous 1 & 2
Gods
Rodland
Stunt Car Racer
IK+

Alot are available on c64 just that the amiga had much better graphics. Sounds like the emus still running a bit slow though, but good to see it hasn't totally fallen by the wayside.

Cheers

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 05:25
OK can some one tell me what to do im using a 1.50 psp and when i load the emu it takes me back to the main screen.
This is how the emus are named:
%__SCE__PSPUAE
__SCE__PSPUAE

Sterist
July 10th, 2006, 05:46
LOL last night was the first time ive tried atari emulators (i been around this forum oct, reg'd nov)

and they get updated today :)

anyhow, that screenshot is from the october 05 amiga emu ;)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 08:38
OK can some one tell me what to do im using a 1.50 psp and when i load the emu it takes me back to the main screen.
%__SCE__PSPUAE
__SCE__PSPUAE
I had same problem m8 I dragged it down from somewhere else worked fine from there.Was a totally different version I got to the start screens ae totally different ;) .BUT IT still runs like a crippled snail.

Mr.Modem
July 10th, 2006, 08:42
%__SCE__PSPUAE
__SCE__PSPUAE

Do you have a kickstart rom in the PSPUAE directory? It must be a overdumped (512k) kickstart 1.3 named kick13.rom.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 10:03
Yeah mine still did reset.I got it from another place and was a totally different version the one i got off here looked like the version i got middle of last year.The other one worked but performence is terrible.

Baboon
July 10th, 2006, 10:15
The Amiga's performance was never really amazing though. lol

Ahhh, I've got some good old memories of my old Amiga 500. :)

Speedball 2, Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer, Alien Breed, Turrican 2, Elite 2, Xenon 2... etc etc. I reckon I'll give this a go later tonight. :)

steve-b
July 10th, 2006, 10:25
Can anyone get this to actually work?

I fire up the eboot fine, and I see the kickstart 1.3 screen, but whenever I reset the emulator to initiate loading of a game, it just resets my PSP.

my firmware is 2.6 and I'm using the eloader to launch it.

The old version of PSPUAE worked, so I know the ROM and the disk images are good.

Any ideas?

whitey75
July 10th, 2006, 11:02
Not a bad effort....an improvement over the last version. Still a bit too slow, but this has a promising future. Maybe moving the sound over to the ME chip would improve things a bit.

Can't wait for more, keep up the good work. Cheers

Exoskeletor
July 10th, 2006, 11:11
guys why the first developer of pspuae has quit this project? and he was ready to make it perfect

Plowking
July 10th, 2006, 11:38
Odd...can't get it to work on 2.00 with the eloader. When I run the emulator, my sudoku game boots up instead!!

Baboon
July 10th, 2006, 11:53
If its that slow I might wait until the next release.

Is the Atari ST emulator (I think its called Castaway) better than this Amiga one at the mo?

Hungry Horace
July 10th, 2006, 12:14
anyhow, that screenshot is from the october 05 amiga emu

hehe.... very well spotted. I think wraggster just tacked that on becuase... it needed a pic!

BUT IT still runs like a crippled snail.

not true. depends entirely on what game you play.

SWOS can now be run with framskip 2 and no sound,,,, making it playable at last... Prince of Persia runs flawlessly... several games do run fine with just a little frameskip, and tons run without sound.

The Amiga's performance was never really amazing though. lol

think you must be confusing the amiga with something else!! the amiga's performance was excellent.

Can anyone get this to actually work?

I fire up the eboot fine, and I see the kickstart 1.3 screen, but whenever I reset the emulator to initiate loading of a game, it just resets my PSP.

my firmware is 2.6 and I'm using the eloader to launch it.

not sure if it's fw2.0+ compatilble.... you may be better off running the fw0.49 version from www.pspuae.com

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 12:14
Yeah it runs ok not great but it was an early release and hasnt been touched since its a real pain to get roms loaded to onit not very user freindly.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 12:18
Have tried various settings Horace on stuff like turricans,shadow of the beasts,Stormlord,Ik+,last ninja,Killing gameshow,and some of the red sector demo's speed is very slow even when tweaking and messing with fksip.Still its early days will be interesting to see if any more updates are done on it if u need any beta testers pm me.Have done beta testing before for various people.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 12:22
LOL am i sad i still dig out my amiga now to play stuff like lemmings ect... :)

steve-b
July 10th, 2006, 12:28
not sad at all...I really regret selling mine back in the day

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 13:03
Back in the day man those were great days *sigh*

Gazz021
July 10th, 2006, 13:17
I ve put the emu on to my psp and i ve put swos.lzx file unzipped in the disks folder. I have also put unzipped the kickstart roms in the pspuae folder but when i go to start the emu the screen goes black and goes back to the home screen!! any help please.

Gazz021
July 10th, 2006, 13:55
I ve got Dizzy collection working and Robin Hood but you need to put in words from the manual to start the game.

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 13:57
Its to slow got it to work but very slow. Hopefully this great coders will keep at it.

psygnosis
July 10th, 2006, 14:14
Yes the emul goes to return to psp, for this don't forget ton rename kickstart correctly, please read readme.txt for ex :
for kickstart 1.3 rename to kick13.rom

Gazz021
July 10th, 2006, 14:28
yeah thanks psygnosis,i ve got it working now played Dizzy and swos.I bit slow but hopefully next update will be improved.

Tomppa
July 10th, 2006, 14:38
I really hope there will be a day when my psp runs games as well as my A500 :)

psygnosis
July 10th, 2006, 14:46
As well a A500 arghhh in my opinion it's not possible bur it's very cooool to play to SWORD OF SODAN !!!

Tomppa
July 10th, 2006, 15:01
Yes I know it is a very though job for psp, but that was just hypothetic, ok?

steve-b
July 10th, 2006, 15:17
All I want is full speed moonstone and project x :)

Does retro gaming get any better than those two?

mr_nick666
July 10th, 2006, 15:48
Great start! Good to see this up and running again! :D

Hungry Horace is your playtester supremo! ;)

psygnosis
July 10th, 2006, 16:04
AMIGA love amiga !!!!!! AMIGA is great and my PSP is a success i play killing game show ouahhhhh
Thanks for this emul

Kurthis
July 10th, 2006, 16:56
about performance of amigas:

don't forget that the special-fx of the first jurassic park were entirely rendered on amigas ;)

Post scriptum: my second post since yesterday^^ registered jan and readin' since september on this site :)

great site, lovin' it! :-D keep it up

sry for broken english - i'm from germany

AHH! I mentioned turrican on the first page because of the music menu - u can get there by pressing space - and someone said xenon 2... YEAH, great soundtrack from bomb the bass though :))

One game i think of at the mom is "it came from the desert" ... so cool xD

FOL
July 10th, 2006, 17:11
If you have V2.x + PSP, please download PSPUAE V0.49 and load through GTA (even on 2.00, it doesnt work with tiff exploit).

If you have V1.50 PSP, Please download PSPUAE V0.51b.

If will crash if you mess with the settings to much (as I myself found out).

Also, please read the readme, I tried to make it as best I could, that people could understand it. If anyone wants to translate it to help non english speaking people, please give me a shout at www.pspuae.com.

1 last note, you have to have a valid working KickStart 1.3 ROM to even get it to boot. Its explained in the readme, what to rename them to.

psygnosis
July 10th, 2006, 17:18
it's a megablast !

Hungry Horace
July 10th, 2006, 17:19
Great start! Good to see this up and running again! :D

Hungry Horace is your playtester supremo! ;)

lol - i break pspuae even quicker than i broke pspeccy when i was beta-testing that!!

nexus68
July 10th, 2006, 17:28
Is the Atari ST emulator (I think its called Castaway) better than this Amiga one at the mo?
Yes it's perfect, but Amiga games are the best.
Ha ha fanboys remember the war between atarist and amiga500.

mr_nick666
July 10th, 2006, 18:06
Ha ha fanboys remember the war between atarist and amiga500.

Amiga? - Wasnt it called the Amoeba!?? (lol!) :rolleyes:

OckHAM
July 10th, 2006, 18:12
There is harddisk (HDF) support for this emu?

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 18:25
I hope they can add more fps its to slow. Like the amiga games made me take mine out of the closet.

FOL
July 10th, 2006, 18:26
There is harddisk (HDF) support for this emu?

Not as yet, Ric is still working on it

parsifal968
July 10th, 2006, 18:39

don't forget that the special-fx of the first jurassic park were entirely rendered on amigas ;)

and...

TERMINATOR 2
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 19:00
Told u it was piss poor :(

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 19:03

Post scriptum: my second post since yesterday^^ registered jan and readin' since september on this site :)

great site, lovin' it! :-D keep it up

sry for broken english - i'm from germany

AHH! I mentioned turrican on the first page because of the music menu - u can get there by pressing space - and someone said xenon 2... YEAH, great soundtrack from bomb the bass though :))

One game i think of at the mom is "it came from the desert" ... so cool xD
They was a little bit more than just standard amiga s m8 T2 used the same technology called the amiga toaster wich comprised of lots of amigas running in parrelel for procesing and sunspark render stations for the rendering.

Kurthis
July 10th, 2006, 21:31
me know, me know ;P

whole city districts, full of amiga power xD

rendering farms, which were creating one frame per... hmm... a week!? xD

I remember the rendering contests in the net in 1994... some guy won with a pic of a chain which reflected every other object he put in the pic... it was a DX4/2 66, rendering 150 hours nonstop for a single pic xD

and radiosity wasn't even implemented... classic early raytracing pics ^^

*sigh* the good old times ;)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 10th, 2006, 21:40
man the 486/ dx 2/66 lol the rendering times were hrrid i was working at a local aerospace firm and we uses these for rendering of aircraft designs....

Kurthis
July 10th, 2006, 21:45
yeah, 3d studio or something.... it didn't exist.

POV Ray, the one and only xD

EDIT: i meant dx2/66 btw... was about to write DX4/100... or the mean machine from amd in this times the dx4/166^^

and got my first pentium one year later in 95... 166 MHz... WOW xD

my first pc though was a dx2/66... started with the good old c64, amiga 500 PLUS!!!! (with incredible 1MB ram instead of 512kb) and then the dx2/66 with 4megs ram and 470mb hdd... this thingy rocked xD

the upgrade from 2megs to 4mb ram was f*ckin expensive! ;)

kla1000
July 11th, 2006, 03:30
how do i get the original King's Quest(not vga version) and Kings Quest 2 to work..I have KS 1.3 and WB 1.3..tried diff image files..keep getting "software error-task held, finish all disk activity..select cancel to debug.....debug doesnt work..when i hit cancel i get software faliure...what is going on....please help

Pumped'Up
July 11th, 2006, 05:19
Some reason I can't get this emu to run a game. I've got fw 1.5 and kick13.rom installed. I can get to startup, but when I put the disks in the "Insert Floppy" screen, then "Reset Amiga", it just hangs.

I'm trying to run SpaceQuest 1 Remake. I've got the files:

SQ1New0.adf
SQ1New1.adf
SQ1New2.adf
SQ1New3.adf
SQ1New4.adf
SQ1New5.adf

Do I just put files 0-3 into this and then reboot?

Insert in DF0: (SQ1New0.adf)
Insert in DF1: (SQ1New1.adf)
Insert in DF2: (SQ1New2.adf)
Insert in DF3: (SQ1New3.adf)
Insert in HD1: ()

Kurthis
July 11th, 2006, 09:08
Try to insert only a single disk in the first floppy after u see the kickstart screen... and don't reset... just wait and don't reboot... or do you switch ur pc on and off after insertig a cd!? ;P just kidding...

While kickstart prompts "insert floppy", insert floppy in drive (all of them if u want) and then just wait... and the magic should happen ;)

it works for me (older versions)... couldn't try this one yet

kla1000
July 13th, 2006, 01:48
how do i get the original King's Quest(not vga? version) and Kings Quest 2 to work..I have KS 1.3 and WB 1.3..tried diff image files..keep getting "software error-task held, finish all disk activity..select cancel to debug.....debug doesnt work..when i hit cancel i get software faliure...what is going on....please help

FOL
July 14th, 2006, 15:24
how do i get the original King's Quest(not vga? version) and Kings Quest 2 to work..I have KS 1.3 and WB 1.3..tried diff image files..keep getting "software error-task held, finish all disk activity..select cancel to debug.....debug doesnt work..when i hit cancel i get software faliure...what is going on....please help

Try setting the chipset to "68000" and select "CPU more compatable" to "ON" and also set the memory "bogomem" to "512".

That might work fine, its a question of getting the settings right on most games. I normally have problems with some games running in WinUAE sometimes, so I have to tweak the settings to get them to work. If all else fails I go back to my Amiga and play them there.