PDA

View Full Version : couldnt we at least try porting the halo demo?

pennineunited26
July 9th, 2006, 23:45
if people were able to port quake with help using the shareware demo of it, couldnt we theoretically port the demo of halo to the psp?:confused:

Shadowblind
July 9th, 2006, 23:50
using zquake, making it'd be possible, porting it, probable.

pennineunited26
July 9th, 2006, 23:55
so uhh, i mean i dont know anything about doing that kind of stuff, but why doesnt somebody try?

otherwise we're stuck with waiting for the 2d version (not that i have anything against it)of halo so that we can have halo on the psp.

Joe88
July 10th, 2006, 01:38
No its not possible...
Reasons why :

1) halo needs 733MHz CPU to run, PSP only has 333mhz
2) halo needs 128MB RAM, PSP only has about 17-20MB usable RAM
3) halo needs at least a 64MB gfx (128MB recommended), PSP only has 4MB gfx

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 01:47
Thats why he said base it off the QUAKE engine. All we need is change the 3D sprites using zQuake and take the pak1.pak file and place it in the Quake hombrew folder for PSP instead of the the pak0.pak

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 02:29
uhhh.. yea, wouldnt that work?

PSPdemon
July 10th, 2006, 03:39
okay......let me put it to you this way...

i tried making a mod for psp called "Halo/Iris mod"

Unforunately, i got a C&D order.....still dont know why but i did......and i havent released it since :(

what they told me was they didnt want anything halo on the compeitors console ( a.k.a. PSP )

so........making a port of halo to the psp.......will get you a C&D order....or maybe....a lawsuit.....depends on how microsoft feels that day :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 03:40
Then whats gonna happen to Halo 2d?...

PSPdemon
July 10th, 2006, 04:06
dont know........

i mean...it has the style of Halo Zero....so i dont think its going to get a C&D order.

and plus.....the one i was making was in 3D....just like the real halo...and i was going to make halo based maps... so, i guess that could be a reason why.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 04:09
True, that may have been Microsofts, i'll put this lightly, "grounds" for the C&D order.

Halo CE was made by bungie so Microsoft couldn't sue its own game creator.

PSPdemon
July 10th, 2006, 04:31
what could be possible however......maybe........but we could have a marathon port......

i dont know if its possible..... i could try a mod for iris if i have the time :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Gizmo356
July 10th, 2006, 04:35
that would be awesome

shadowprophet
July 10th, 2006, 04:38
Halo in its xbox form just isnt possible.
and to make it possible on a 333. would mean so many changes, That it woudlnt even be halo by the time it was finished.
You would be left with a very ugly doom clone with a halo theme. I guess As popular as handheld homebrew is, We just have to accept that some things will not be possible:(

And thats not to even mention, Because of the psps controller scheme 3d shooters suffer from many controll issues.
In fact it was really just this current generation of handhelds that 3d really took on a life of its own.
im guessing in time there will either be redisigns for these handhelds, that support dual analog, or we will have to wait till next hand held generation:o
At any rate not many can deny, that the controll scheme
on todays current handhelds isnt really suited for 3D gameing, You can tell that part of the console design wasnt thought out very well sadly:(

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 15:44
yea, pspdemon, i had been watching your work with iris, and when i read the post about you having to cancel the mod, i was very disappointed.

but i was thinking , since the demo of halo is free, that there might not be such a big deal made out of it.

i don't know,i just thought it was a good idea. who knows.

yaustar
July 10th, 2006, 15:49
yea, pspdemon, i had been watching your work with iris, and when i read the post about you having to cancel the mod, i was very disappointed.

but i was thinking , since the demo of halo is free, that there might not be such a big deal made out of it.

i don't know,i just thought it was a good idea. who knows.
Ports. Need. Source. Code.

Halo has no source code for us to use regardless if it is free (as in free beer) or not.

ID released the source code to Quakes 1-3 engines hence why ports are possible.

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 15:54
oh yea...

forgot that part.

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 17:11
yea and uhh,btw, could you maybe give out that masterchief player for iris... please?:)

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 22:51
:D nevermind... found it!

PSPdemon
July 12th, 2006, 02:52
not mine though.......someone elses...i think the name is pspmodder1337......

he wanted to take over where i left off and i told him what i used and he went to work on recreateing it...

so...either way...its cool

thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Kaiser
July 12th, 2006, 06:56
not mine though.......someone elses...i think the name is pspmodder1337......

he wanted to take over where i left off and i told him what i used and he went to work on recreateing it...

so...either way...its cool

thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Yeah I remember hearing about that, here's hoping that dude keeps working on it.

mesosade
July 12th, 2006, 21:52
well me mastechafed and the gang r working on that halo 2d game so that's sumit to look forward too...