PDA

View Full Version : wtf?

wtfhappened
July 10th, 2006, 01:00
this is Xuphor. it's saying i've been banned on my Xuphor and Xuphorz accounts. am i really? or is it a bug?
i didn't do anything to get banned that i'm aware of. any mod/admins know what's going on?

SiZiOUS
July 10th, 2006, 01:06
Hum i checked the ban list and your xuphorz account not seems to be banned. :/

wtfhappened
July 10th, 2006, 01:09
it says "you do not have permission to access this page" on both accounts, just like it did when my xuphor acccount was banned a while ago.

Kaiser
July 10th, 2006, 02:03
it says "you do not have permission to access this page" on both accounts, just like it did when my xuphor acccount was banned a while ago.

Hmm one sec I'm going to check over the two accounts. I'll edit this post in a few minutes.

Edit: Couldn't find anything out of place or wrong with the account. I'll contact the admins about it.

wtfhappened
July 10th, 2006, 02:27

xuphor
July 10th, 2006, 10:18
Testing, testing (Martin)

Martin
July 10th, 2006, 10:22
Works fine. I've checked your account and can't find anything wrong with it.

Please try again. Notice that I don't know your password, logging in as another user is an admin feature that can only be used by me, noone else, so don't be alarmed. :)

Crimson_Lotus
July 10th, 2006, 16:13
Try clearing your cache and such. Reset your compy after you do. Then, check again...

wtfhappened
July 10th, 2006, 19:03
i think i got hit by a veyr freaky of some sort. there are 3 forums i visit constantly, and i got banned from all of them at one time. my desktop has no icons visible, but i click a random location, it shows there is one. i try to open any desktop folder, it says it's not found. if i push start at the bottom left, it shows nothing anywhere, no my copm, control panel, all programs, nothing.

anyone know a way to get rid of this virus/worm/whatever it is? i would list the other sites i got banned on strangly, but i don't think they're dcemu approved

SiZiOUS
July 10th, 2006, 19:06
Try to clean your cookies... :/

wtfhappened
July 10th, 2006, 19:08
i cleared my cache/cookies/ even re-intsalled windows

Crimson_Lotus
July 10th, 2006, 19:47
i think i got hit by a veyr freaky of some sort. there are 3 forums i visit constantly, and i got banned from all of them at one time. my desktop has no icons visible, but i click a random location, it shows there is one. i try to open any desktop folder, it says it's not found. if i push start at the bottom left, it shows nothing anywhere, no my copm, control panel, all programs, nothing.

anyone know a way to get rid of this virus/worm/whatever it is? i would list the other sites i got banned on strangly, but i don't think they're dcemu approved

Format! Format! Format!

wtfhappened
July 10th, 2006, 19:51
need to keep my data. how can i do that? i don't have enough cd's to burn all data i want to keep. and my other hd is in use on another comp, only 4gb free

xuphorz
July 12th, 2006, 05:17
i formatted my hard drive, reinstaled windows, and now the 3 sites i got banned from are back to normal. i still have no ****ing clue what happened, but i'm glad it's over :D

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 05:40
i formatted my hard drive, reinstaled windows, and now the 3 sites i got banned from are back to normal. i still have no ****ing clue what happened, but i'm glad it's over :D

Wow my advice helped!:p

I think it was most likely a virus and/or worm in your system. Some important system files could have been currupted. If it was hardware, you would most likely still be experiencing it.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2006, 06:55
yea, but how can a virus ban you from your 3 mostly visited sites? either extremely good programmers, or very starnge coincidence

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 08:02
yea, but how can a virus ban you from your 3 mostly visited sites? either extremely good programmers, or very starnge coincidence

currupted registrys

SiZiOUS
July 13th, 2006, 00:05
Nice to ear :)