PDA

View Full Version : Dosbox to Dreamcast?

wraggster
July 25th, 2004, 11:23
Just scuttled over to the dosbox site and found this

DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms. DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X...

DOSBox also emulates CPU:286/386 realmode/protected mode, Directory FileSystem/XMS/EMS, Tandy/Hercules/CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA graphics, a SoundBlaster/Gravis Ultra Sound card for excellent sound compatibility with older games...

You can "re-live" the good old days with the help of DOSBox, it can run plenty of the old classics that don't run on your new computer!

DOSBox is totally free of charge and OpenSource.

Could a port however slow be done?

even if it could only play really old games it may be of some use?

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/information.php?page=0

Kamjin
July 25th, 2004, 11:40
Dosbox is a little too heavy

something like this might be a better starting point
http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3505

wraggster
July 25th, 2004, 11:42
nice find

DCDayDreamer
July 25th, 2004, 14:31
It'd be great to run some old dos classics again.

DCDayDreamer goes into nostalgia mode.

Hola
July 25th, 2004, 16:36
DosBox would eat to much the ram up to be able to run anything ontop of it.

Eric
July 25th, 2004, 17:26
I asked about this in the past now i know why it wouldnt work but i hope that one of you guys can get one working

Kamjin
July 25th, 2004, 22:16
That bhole one is SDL based, not as hungry as
dosbox.. just can't compile it.. my SDL setup
is toast..

quzar
July 25th, 2004, 22:54
I got it to compile. and it runs, but exits. probably because it dosnt find anything. this seems like a great port project ;D

quzar
July 25th, 2004, 22:56
sorry for double post. ok, does anyone know of any file that would work with this? it just needs an exe to try to run. it has no menu or anything =P.

Whoa, nm i just found out that it only supports like 4 games...

Master Of Magic,Round 42, Moon Bugs, Styx, Exterminator, and Rollo and the brush bros.

Kamjin
July 25th, 2004, 23:17
Some of the stuff it's known to run can be
gotten here, it's where I first stumbled
across it.
http://www.digger.org/download.html

based on the source it should play
all the real early PC/PCjr stuff as long
as no basic rom is required..

quzar
July 25th, 2004, 23:26
i got it to run round42. trying to play it now. need to fix up a few things and it does actually work.

wow this is amazing. Dos games on DC now possible ;D

I was actually on my way to bed when this caught my eye, so im gonna sleep for now, but ill work on it tomorrow to get file loading and such working properly...

Kamjin
July 25th, 2004, 23:41
So the dreamcast can now emulate the XBOX ;D
or at least it's ancestor :P

That's actually cool!

fackue
July 26th, 2004, 00:47
That's awesome! Something I'll definatly be playing with to see what games work or not!

I wonder if games like Monster Bash or the original Duke Nukem games will work on it? Man, that would be sweet!

wraggster
July 26th, 2004, 01:23
great work

Ducktales
July 26th, 2004, 02:05
This is great.. there is so much potential here! You never know.. I might just be playing RAPTOR on my DC before i know it!

guymelef
July 26th, 2004, 04:07
you must be kidding around....
this would be the single most usefull nostalgia emulator for the DC.
all those old games, commander keen, wolfenstein, shogun, king quest, sword quest, all those text adventure games, D&D, maybe doom1? man I hope something could be done to further this endeavor (wouldn't that be a great name DCendeavor or DC3nde@v0r) or whatever.

DCDayDreamer
July 26th, 2004, 04:25
The possibilities of this are almost endless, as stated in the previous post - all those old games :).

So the dreamcast can now emulate the XBOX
or at least it's ancestor

;D

Now that appeals to my sense of humour!

souLLy
July 26th, 2004, 05:01
excellent news... i'd love to see what could be done with this...

quzar
July 26th, 2004, 08:27
Um ok. Can I ask you people to do one thing though? download the PC version of this emulator and test games to see what runs on it. That way I will have something to test with. Right now it seems only games it is specifically programmed to run do actually run.

Cap'n 1time
July 26th, 2004, 09:31
next thing you know we will be useing windows 3.1 on the DC!!!

kidding.

Hola
July 26th, 2004, 09:43
Technicolly you if you could get dos working well enough you could use one of those old file browser apps for dos so its more user friendly than comand promot. They were like the predesores of windows. Plus they're much better than windows 3.1

Cap'n 1time
July 26th, 2004, 09:52
Just a thought, your could probably then ftp or whatever info across, if you had a client that could do that. But i think linux has already done that, and if you have the coder cables it wouldnt matter much.

I was just remembering that some guy made a xbox bootable windows 3.1 disk based on either bochs or dosbox. it was kind of cool, but it probably ate alot of memory.

Ah, playing mine sweeper on the xbox is quite an experiance.

Talfi
July 26th, 2004, 16:33
This is amazing !!!!.... I'm very interested in this. Please keep in touch with compatibility, files needed and a tutorial (if it's possible).

Thank you ;D

Kamjin
July 26th, 2004, 19:39
I'll second the Uhmm.. Ok..
Here's the link to the PC version, needs SDL.DLL
It's the bare minimum of emulators it barely
emulates a PC/PCjr at best

http://www.digger.org/bhole.zip

suggest people download it and see if they can
run other stuff with it..

So far most stuff fails on the unemulated
devices on the lower ports, and a few odd
interupts.

so far (that don't bail out)
Cenripede CGA works w/corruption (can't start needs f1)
Transylvania hangs on intro

Eric
July 26th, 2004, 19:55
This is really amazing and cant wait to see a release on this project

Darksaviour69
July 26th, 2004, 20:04
the bad news is that Bhole was released 8 months ago and there has been no news since, so it might be a dead project......but if u look at the web stats, the interest in the project has only picked up in the last 2 months...

quzar
July 26th, 2004, 22:01
i figured id give a bit of an update: ive been trying to get a menu system implemented and by tomorrow should have it working. other than that, i have been fiddling around other parts of the code, and from what i see it seems amazingly fast yet very incomplete. I have never seen code look like this before. Once I get a menu working, there will be 6 different settings: file to load (from CD), video_page_flipping, cga_low_res_mode, int9_as_irq, int1c_as_irq, direct_mode3. The emulator is well documented so I generally know what these mean, but Im not sure. It has pre-programmed settings for 6 different games, but that is all. These settings determine how it runs and all. The one thing I dont understand at all is how/why controls are not working well for me. I can start a game (of round 42) but then cannot play it. It runs as if i were playing, but am unable to control the action.

All in all its buggy, needs work, is pretty much dead on the PC side, but will be able to run who knows how many older games, and is very fast. Oh, and it is theoretically emulating a 386 cpu, which is quite good.

Eric
July 27th, 2004, 07:49
I am not trying to stop you from making this emulator but i am checking to see if anyone else would want to look at others that i find cause they may have better compatibility and may be possible to port to dc so here are the list of sites:

http://www.dosemu.org/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freedos/

http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/Unix/GDE/#download

All i could find and i hope this doesnt dissapoint anyone or i get rude feedback its just some help

Eric

quzar
July 27th, 2004, 08:35
At least freedos has assembly in it, making it unportable. Right now I am having problems with the menu Im making. If anyone thinks they can help, i posted to problematic code here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=565093#565093. Thanks.

Eric
July 27th, 2004, 08:40
HA HA lol i told you man i dont know about this porting and making stuff for dreamcast i am just a lousy ol reviewer

Toh-Ava
July 27th, 2004, 09:35
i'm the guy who wrote BHole
quzar sent me e-mail, i was actually hoping someone may be interested in that thing... but nobody did...
anyway, if you guys tell me specific games you want me to run i think i can try retouching it (notice, i haven't touched BHole for like... 2 years... the release you guys saw was actually quite late :)

anyway, just wanted to tell you BHole was dead because no one seemed to care about it... (and we had dosbox and mess) if anyone cares about it know i think we can have some nice zombification.

p.s. here's the stupid question, in my life, i never seen anything but a PC, and a DEC-Alpha, can you guys please give me specs of the whole dreamcast thingy, so that maybe if i add more code to BHole, it will be done in a way that will make the code more compatible.

wraggster
July 27th, 2004, 10:38
wow we in the Dreamcast scene are very interested in this emulator. The thought of playing games from a bygone era on the Dreamcast is a dream most have wanted to see for a long time.

i wish you both luck in this project.

souLLy
July 27th, 2004, 11:10
Check marcus' site for a good introduction to the console: http://mc.pp.se/dc/
The Dreamcast was Sega's last games console before they became a software only company. You can pick up a console very cheaply from ebay nowadays.

Vegeta
July 27th, 2004, 11:18
dosbox?whats that?
and does anyone know how to get mugen on dreamcast?

fackue
July 27th, 2004, 12:43
Welcome Toh-Ava :). Marcus' homepage is probably the best for what you're looking for.

Games that would be a dream to play on it, if possible: Duke Nukem, Monster Bash, Ultima VIII.

iamalexwan
July 27th, 2004, 13:47
Is a good way to setup Windows98 on Dreamcast?

DCDayDreamer
July 27th, 2004, 13:51
:)Excellent! - nice to know you've rekindled your interest in bhole Toh-Ava. This project is now getting really interesting 8).

quzar
July 27th, 2004, 14:22
quzar sent me e-mail, i was actually hoping someone may be interested in that thing... but nobody did...
anyway, if you guys tell me specific games you want me to run i think i can try retouching it (notice, i haven't touched BHole for like... 2 years... the release you guys saw was actually quite late :)

anyway, just wanted to tell you BHole was dead because no one seemed to care about it... (and we had dosbox and mess) if anyone cares about it know i think we can have some nice zombification.

p.s. here's the stupid question, in my life, i never seen anything but a PC, and a DEC-Alpha, can you guys please give me specs of the whole dreamcast thingy, so that maybe if i add more code to BHole, it will be done in a way that will make the code more compatible.

Here are some basic specs:
200Mhz SH-4 CPU
16MB of main ram
NEC PVR2 GPU
8MB of Graphical ram
4 controller ports (there is also a keyboard, mouse and other prehipherals)
12x (?) GD-ROM drive, which can read CD-Rs

The main thing that makes this work easily on the DC (other than the very portable nature of the code) is SDL. There is a very functional SDL port for the Dreamcast.

I should have the menu thing figured out by the end of the day, and then i can commence testing again. (i wanted to have a menu so i could burn a CD with things on it and choose from there.

Skyhawk
July 27th, 2004, 16:20
Great work, I didn't expect this to become reality. I'm secretly hoping that I can run my old love Stunts/4D Sports Driving (http://hem.passagen.se/richardq/main.html) on the Dreamcast once.

Hola
July 27th, 2004, 18:15
Holy crap where gonna have dos with a gui!?
Wow thats like a OS.
So whatcha gonna name this OS Quzar?
Also will the Gui be in nice high reso 640x480?

curt_grymala
July 27th, 2004, 18:46
Is a good way to setup Windows98 on Dreamcast?

Not gonna happen. I'm not even sure it would be probable to run Windows 3.1 on the DC, and I would wager to say that it is virtually impossible to run Win 95 or 98 on the DC.

However, DOS can use some nice GUI's as well, if it's set up correctly.

quzar
July 27th, 2004, 19:04
I think that some of you misinterpret how this is a DOS emulator. It does not run DOS on the Dreamcast, what it does is allows for the play of games that were made to either run straight on x86 machines or that used some functionality of DOS in order to run. The way it works it will not be running without a game/app running. I will probably eventually create some kind of gui menu that will have listing of the games on your CDs, but nothing like what arquerio is doing in SDL.

Hola
July 27th, 2004, 19:11
Ohhh... :(
Well I guess it just turned into another novatly.
I was hoping it would work like DOSBOX and actually emulate DOS and then you'd have a cool gui on top of it.

Eric
July 27th, 2004, 19:39
I would love to play wacky wheels and C-Dogs 2 its been something i wanted for awhile

Darksaviour69
July 27th, 2004, 19:43
i still think this is pretty cool

someoneElse
July 27th, 2004, 20:16

How about the old SSI 'Gold box' RPG engine games, or the SSI Five-Star General series? (Panzer General engine)

Some of those may require a 486 or higher, or at least some of the later panzer generals did, and one of my Gold Box RPGs doesn't list any requirements on the box other than "PCs, ATs, PS2s, and Tandy" machines.

Kamjin
July 27th, 2004, 21:57

Heheh *Welcome!! *any man who's seen an Alpha is
good in my book!
In Bhole you emulated what had to, so it makes
it nice and light.. I'm really surprised that you
stopped doing it. It had potential as an easy
cross platform light emulator.

People already listed the specs, for the Dreamcast
to sum it up it's pretty much like codeing on an 80's
computer, with the API called KOS it opens alot
up.. you also have access to an SDL
port, the framebuffer/architechture is flat, w/no
protection..

Since Quzar started the port he's be the best to
deal with, but all the other coders here will be willing
to help out as well.. BTW I suggest you look around
and take a look at what's been done on an "dead"
console, you might find a new hobby here ;D

here's some links of interest for the dreamcast.
http://mc.pp.se/dc/ *(low level specs)
http://www.boob.co.uk/
http://gamedev.allusion.net/docs/kos/cvs/kos_html/node1.html *
(out of date manual to the KOS API)

What could be added to Bhole,
File support on the int, alot of stuff I tried, is about
to work if it could load sub files..
Also a pseudo 8259 would be a nice addition

ringman
July 27th, 2004, 22:29
I would like to see all of the commander keen games emulated.

Hola
July 27th, 2004, 23:44
I have a request. If it could run FWNES i'd be extremly happy.

Eric
July 28th, 2004, 00:51
Okay i am just going to post more games i would love to see run on the dos box i know its a lot work and if you want to put them on this go ahead its up to you

Alien Carnage
Alien Phobia
Astro Fire
Blocks
Bomber
Cyberdogs (the original)
Dangerous Dave
Dr Rudy
Duke Nukem 1 and 2 (the classic 2d version)
Epic Pinball
Giana Sisters 32k
Hexxagons
Lemmings
Liero
Mario VGA
Mice Men
Mr Boom
Ms Pacman PC
Pizza Worm
Leaper (frogger clone)
Super Angelo (mario clone)
Troy (the old version)
Xixit
Zone 66

I hope you guys are interested in some of the games if your not thats cool i just hope to see a few anyways.

Eric

Eric
July 28th, 2004, 03:13
Sorry for this but also if you dont know some of these games they are all at www.dosgames.com

Donny_K.
July 28th, 2004, 04:46
anyway, if you guys tell me specific games you want me to run i think i can try retouching it

I'm a multiplayer freak ;D
How about Micro machines 2 and Rampart?
Liero is already mentioned but that would also be great!

curt_grymala
July 28th, 2004, 08:58
I would like to see all of the commander keen games emulated.

I second that motion. It would be fantastic to be able to break out my old Commander Keen 4 shareware disc and put it in my DC.

For that matter (and I know this is probably a pretty tall order) - It would be really cool to see something that would allow us to play all of those old Apogee games like Halloween Harry, Commander Keen, and the hundreds of other games that Apogee came out with that all ran on the same concept.

Eric
July 28th, 2004, 09:04
Okay yeah I must agree with Curt there seen as how i did mention Duke, Alien Carnage and Wacky Wheels which all three are very fun games.

wraggster
July 28th, 2004, 11:57
Lets hope that Quzar and co can do this :)

Fingers crossed ;)

quzar
July 28th, 2004, 12:03
Ill probably get the menu system up tonight, not sure. I just got 4 teeth pulled (wisdom teeth) and im on some nice ol' painkillers so i cant really focus on that code stuff now. But I will surely update you fine people when I have something new to report.

wraggster
July 28th, 2004, 12:15
thanks

cant wait to see where this develops and with the original author maybe giving assistance this could be awesome :)

as for the teeth, sounds ruddy painful

/me needs to go visit the dentist too

curt_grymala
July 28th, 2004, 12:51
Ill probably get the menu system up tonight, not sure. I just got 4 teeth pulled (wisdom teeth) and im on some nice ol' painkillers so i cant really focus on that code stuff now. But I will surely update you fine people when I have something new to report.

That's weird. OneThirty8 just had the same thing done this week.

quzar
July 28th, 2004, 13:05
woah, what a coincidence.

kyslug
July 28th, 2004, 15:08
i hate to be off-topic, but this statement is aimed toward quzar.

it appears neo-pop sdl has been updated. perhaps you can have better luck with it now.

quzar
July 28th, 2004, 18:53
hehe, this has already been pointed out to me. but, what i had been having problems with was the core of the emulator, which is seperate from the SDL portion. Its weird how they do it, but the core is unmodified throught the different ports, then just the interface is changed to work around it. I am going to try to work on it though, but all of a sudden ive become very busy. :P

Kamjin
July 28th, 2004, 19:36

AAHHHHH... man.. I hate dentists painkillers GOOD..
denitist bad.. I've still got 2 wisdoms' to go.. 4 in
one shot.. can you even move your mouth?

quzar
July 28th, 2004, 20:43
yea i can. i had like 12 shots of novicane when it was done, but that was at like 10 in the morning (about 12 hours ago) since then ive taken like 4 advil and half a vicodin in addition to the vioxx that i started taking the day prior to it. It actually isnt that bad except that the jawbone had to be drilled into a bit for the bottom two. The part of it that sucks though is that it didnt need to be done. There was nothing wrong with them, it was just a preventive measure. Like taking out the appendix just cause insurance covers it =P.

a bit more on topic, ive gotten the menu working, and although it is sort of hard to use (you push down and it flips through like 5 choices =P) now i can move on in testing. Sad to say, at the moment Master of Magic does not work yet, but I am trying to fiddle with the debugging portions in order to get a more detailed reason as to why.

Kamjin
July 28th, 2004, 20:54
yea i can. i had like 12 shots of novicane when it was done, but that was at like 10 in the morning (about 12 hours ago) since then ive taken like 4 advil and half a vicodin in addition to the vioxx that i started taking the day prior to it. It actually isnt that bad except that the jawbone had to be drilled into a bit for the bottom two. The part of it that sucks though is that it didnt need to be done. There was nothing wrong with them, it was just a preventive measure. Like taking out the appendix just cause insurance covers it =P.

Almost the same when I did it, they cut the gums open
and stiched them back together.. had 2 one day,
and was suppoed to wait 2 weeks to do the rest..
I cancelled.. also was preventative.. couldn't take it..
kept telling the dentist more novacain.. by the time
I was done my right arm, and leg were even numb..
but the spot he was working on.. killed...

a bit more on topic, ive gotten the menu working, and although it is sort of hard to use (you push down and it flips through like 5 choices =P) now i can move on in testing. Sad to say, at the moment Master of Magic does not work yet, but I am trying to fiddle with the debugging portions in order to get a more detailed reason as to why.

I've gotta figure this SDL problem I've got.. I was
thinking last night he's got quite a bit of stuff there
that logs what was unsupported. If people were to
try the stuff the want working out, and post back
what causes the fail (on the PC version) it would
give a good idea as to what would have to be added.
Could always take modules out of dosbox or mess
.. but keeping his methodology would be much quicker..

Also have you heard back from him since?

quzar
July 28th, 2004, 22:01
The only questions I asked him were answered promptly. I went through the whole thing and replaced the report file functions with simple printfs. Even though that will give me a huge mess of output, it will help me pinpoint problems. Do you know of if Round42 uses the keyboard, because if so, then that seems to be broken right now. Actually Im gonna try out the PC version =P.

Ive started to understand better how this whole thing works, and what i will have to do different on the DC. On thing that i have already started to do is change the filereading routines and such so that they try to read the file from the memory first, then from the CD because there isnt really a way to know (unless I added some sort of listing for it) whether or not the file trying to be accessed is a temporary file created by the program or a static datafile.

yea blah blah

If people were to try the stuff the want working out, and post back what causes the fail (on the PC version) it would give a good idea as to what would have to be added.

that is kind of what i was thinking of when i asked them to post games they have working on the PC version. If it works on the PC version and i can get a hold of it, it can help me test wether or not the DC version works properly or not.

Kamjin
July 28th, 2004, 22:51
Yup Round42 uses the keyboard, direction keys..
and F1, and F2 I think.. the fkeys don't even
seem to work right in the PC version, same
problem with centipede.. can't start the game..
also some text corruption. probably an issue in
the char set emulation.

http://www.dchomebrew.org/kamjin/files/Centiped.exe

Still haven't found anything VGA as of yet that doesn't
bail out..

quzar
July 28th, 2004, 23:06
Well, now that I actually found a game whose controls work properly i see that it seems like the program itself is fullspeed without controls, but once you start doing things, the SDL controls slow things down. I guess my first speedup will be KOS conrols for keyboard.

Ive tested Round42, Moonbugs, Exterminator, Master of Magic, Space Quest, and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein. So far the only ones that work flawlessly are Moonbugs and Exterminator. I think I might be able to get BCW working. It seems the only issue at the moment is file reading and such.

JMD
July 29th, 2004, 03:54
Hi,
Here is few games I would like to play on Dc :

Boulder Dash (1984)
MGT (1986)
Super Frog (1993)
Dynablaster (1991)
Pirates! (1993)
North & South (1991)
Nuclear WAR (1989)
You can find them as abandonware sorry, since there really is no such things as abandonware (just a fancy word for WAREZ), we have removed the link
Where can I find any Windows Bhole version already compiled to test theses games ?

quzar
July 29th, 2004, 11:53
Yup Round42 uses the keyboard, direction keys..
and F1, and F2 I think.. the fkeys don't even
seem to work right in the PC version, same
problem with centipede.. *can't start the game..
also some text corruption. probably an issue in
the char set emulation.

http://www.dchomebrew.org/kamjin/files/Centiped.exe

Still haven't found anything VGA as of yet that doesn't
bail out..

The thing is, on Moonbugs they keyboard works. F keys and all. Its controls are the direction keys and F1 to fire. Same thing with Exterminator. I found out what Im doing wrong with temporary files, so maybe that will start working soon ;)

wraggster
July 29th, 2004, 12:11
Hi,
Here is few games I would like to play on Dc :

Boulder Dash (1984)
MGT (1986)
Super Frog (1993)
Dynablaster (1991)
Pirates! (1993)
North & South (1991)
Nuclear WAR (1989)
You can find them as abandonware here (http://www.abandonware-france.org/l)

Where can I find any Windows Bhole version already compiled to test theses games ?

on the first page of this topic ;)

quzar
July 29th, 2004, 15:18
Small update. I have rewritten all of the file accessing functions in the program so now any game that write temp files or reads from multiple files and works on the PC version should work on the DC version. After fixing file reading I found that BCW still dosnt work =P oh well, i dont know if it does on the PC version either hehe. Oh and I tested burgertime. It gets to the splashscreen then dies. Im gonna look for a bunch of the games you people are asking about and see if they will play. I doubt it though as the PC version dosnt seem to support much. ATM Im just trying to get the DC version to play everything the PC version does.

oh, and i tested Styx, which is another game it is supposed to run, and it does but with graphical corruption.

wraggster
July 29th, 2004, 15:43
lets hope Compatibility can be improved :)

draculafan
July 29th, 2004, 16:12
PLEASEEEEEEE Test if any of the old Mortal Kombat gamnes run on it ;D

Kamjin
July 29th, 2004, 19:08
oh, and i tested Styx, which is another game it is supposed to run, and it does but with graphical corruption.

What I find strange is the corruption on the games
the CGA/VGA emulation code looks good.. are these
games using character graphics??

The thing is, on Moonbugs they keyboard works. F keys and all. Its controls are the direction keys and F1 to fire. Same thing with Exterminator.

I noticed that on the PC version as well.. strance the
other games that use the f keys ignore the input..

I had put the link up to centipede on a previous post. you could try it out as well.. some corruption, and the fkey problem.

quzar
July 29th, 2004, 19:35
Well thanks to Toh-Ava, the problem in Round42 has been fixed. One line of code, go figure =P.

Now Round42, Moonbugs, and Exterminator all work fine.

wraggster
July 29th, 2004, 19:38
nice work, do you have webspace or need it for any future releases?

i can sort it out in a flash when needed.

Makes you wonder if more games a re playable now :)

Kamjin
July 29th, 2004, 19:43
Well thanks to Toh-Ava, the problem in Round42 has been fixed. One line of code, go figure =P.

Yeah.. but there's ALOT of lines of code.. I see the this
kinda like a line in a linestack :P scenario..

good news.. curiosity, what was the fix?

quzar
July 29th, 2004, 20:37
if (cx > CX_THRESHOLD)
{
if (!GET_DF())
{
ptr1=(ds<<4)+si; ptr2=(es<<4)+di;
if (IS_BELOW_HIGHMEM_OFS(ptr1+cx) &&
IS_BELOW_HIGHMEM_OFS(ptr2+cx))
{
memcpy(__memory__+ptr2,__memory__+ptr1,cx);
si+=cx;
di+=cx;
cx = 0;
rep = NOREP;
return;
}
}
}

originally the line rep=NOREP was not there. He found it because it had worked properly in v2, but not v3.

Eric
July 29th, 2004, 21:00
This seems to be getting better i hope all works fine

wraggster
July 31st, 2004, 06:21
Any updates :)

Kamjin
July 31st, 2004, 07:11
He's probably still cleaning up and formating the code, to make it easier to work with..

Eric
August 2nd, 2004, 09:02
Hey i just want to let people know that supposebly Digger Remastered was also put into Bhole if you want to check it out visit the site http://www.digger.org/whatsnew.html

quzar
August 2nd, 2004, 14:01
Actually ive been trying to take a break because of the tooth thing. For some reason its been hurting more than right after it was done.

Not only that, but the GOAT competition deadline is coming up and as you all may or may not know now, I am entering a homebrew game called WurlyWurm. Since this is an actual obligation to my team, when it comes to coding it takes precedence over my ports.

wraggster
August 2nd, 2004, 14:06
No probs we look forward to seeing all your work ;)

curt_grymala
August 3rd, 2004, 08:17
Actually ive been trying to take a break because of the tooth thing. For some reason its been hurting more than right after it was done.

Mind did the same thing. I had them pulled on a Friday, and I felt fine all day Friday (I actually went to a Halloween party that night), I felt fine all weekend (didn't even take the painkillers), but when Monday rolled around, I was in so much pain I couldn't even move.

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2004, 09:16
They say it only will hurt for a day or two, but it is more like a week or two! Just remember *NOT* to drink with a straw... That can make things alot worse... but i dont want to talk about it as it brings back some horrific memories. *:'( damn that dentist. DAMN HIM!

Toh-Ava
August 7th, 2004, 16:05
actually, no one heard from me cause i was in a vacation... i got to meet a friend i knew only from ICQ and has a fun time at an RHPS... anyway, indeed i have already done some small code fixes (CMC code was wrong) (INC/DEC was wrong) but so far i do not think it helps any more games

wraggster
August 7th, 2004, 17:06
Nice to have you here Toh-Ava, its great to see your project resurrected and for the Dreamcast too :)

quzar
August 7th, 2004, 19:46
actually, no one heard from me cause i was in a vacation... i got to meet a friend i knew only from ICQ and has a fun time at an RHPS... anyway, indeed i have already done some small code fixes (CMC code was wrong) (INC/DEC was wrong) but so far i do not think it helps any more games

contact me whenever you want and i can add those into the DC version.

Toh-Ava
August 9th, 2004, 15:35
in refresh_screen
please replace
if (vgamode == 0x4)

with
if (vgamode == 0x4 && crtcon[7] != 0x70)

i think this should fix STYX (notice: barely tested it...)

i've made other fixes, but they didn't affect games, so i haven't listed them... i'll list them later on...

quzar
August 9th, 2004, 18:19
That seems to have corrected the graphics for styx, but i dont know how they are supposed to look, they just look better.