PDA

View Full Version : Noob Mame4all help

cptvideo
July 10th, 2006, 11:47
Greets folks!

First gotta give props to Chui for the awsome work being done in this area. It rocks!!

Now to my problem. I'm new to this stuff, and I've done my best to research threads on this site and others so I won't ask a question I could have answered myself. So far I can't find what I seek, so I'm breaking down and asking for help. I've downloaded the latest mame4all-alpha1 release and I'm trying to use SBInducer to make a self boot image. However, I'm doing something wrong, as when I burn the disc, everything loads fine... but when I go to select the emu - aged, classic, or gold, it says it is loading but then tells me it can't find any roms.

I've found nothing yet, giving me steps to burn mame4all to a selfboot disc, such as where to place my roms, and the other files that SBI extracts. I've combed their site and help files, as well as here... and I know I'm just missing the obvious. Can someone lend a hand and put me on the right road?

I'm placing my roms in the roms directory, but it can't find them. When using SBI, it extracts the .sbi I made (of the mame4all-alpha1 zip) but doesn't place the files from the zip in the inducer directory. I had to move them manually. So I have to place the "roms" folder in the Inducer folder, as well as the other files that SBI extracts from my created .sbi file. Am I totally missing the boat? What am I doing wrong?! (probably alot lol)

Thanks ahead of time for any help someone might give me. I'm tired of burning coasters. :p

nownew
August 2nd, 2006, 15:47
Greets folks!

First gotta give props to Chui for the awsome work being done in this area. It rocks!!

Now to my problem. I'm new to this stuff, and I've done my best to research threads on this site and others so I won't ask a question I could have answered myself. So far I can't find what I seek, so I'm breaking down and asking for help. I've downloaded the latest mame4all-alpha1 release and I'm trying to use SBInducer to make a self boot image. However, I'm doing something wrong, as when I burn the disc, everything loads fine... but when I go to select the emu - aged, classic, or gold, it says it is loading but then tells me it can't find any roms.

I've found nothing yet, giving me steps to burn mame4all to a selfboot disc, such as where to place my roms, and the other files that SBI extracts. I've combed their site and help files, as well as here... and I know I'm just missing the obvious. Can someone lend a hand and put me on the right road?

I'm placing my roms in the roms directory, but it can't find them. When using SBI, it extracts the .sbi I made (of the mame4all-alpha1 zip) but doesn't place the files from the zip in the inducer directory. I had to move them manually. So I have to place the "roms" folder in the Inducer folder, as well as the other files that SBI extracts from my created .sbi file. Am I totally missing the boat? What am I doing wrong?! (probably alot lol)

Thanks ahead of time for any help someone might give me. I'm tired of burning coasters. :p

Eu estou com esse mesmo problema!
Queria alguma solução!

Sorry i dont speak english!!

gsmhacks
August 17th, 2006, 13:03
I don't think you're on your own here... I've tried using the SBI and the plain bin files too and neither work...

Using the files in the zip to create a self-booting cd doesn't work; do we have to use self boot inducer??

Does anyone know the correct process for making a booting cd using just the bin files and the Selfboot Tookit (e.g. following the Echelon tutorial)?

Doing so gives a cd that starts to boot and then resets..... :(