PDA

View Full Version : Italian Teen Stabs Father Over FIFA 2009

wraggster
January 25th, 2010, 21:14
An Italian man giving video game advice to his son Sunday evening was repaid with a 15-inch kitchen knife to the neck.

A 46-year-old storekeeper identified as Fabrizio R. was watching his 16-year-old son, Mario, play EA's FIFA 2009 on the PlayStation Sunday evening. According to reports, the father began giving his son advice on how to play the game better, which led to an argument between the two. In response, Fabrizio turned off the PlayStation in the middle of Mario's game.

That's when Mario got up, went into the kitchen, grabbed a 15-inch knife, and then returned to the living room, stabbing his father in the neck. He then returned to the kitchen to clean up, according to Fabrizio's wife, identified as Monica B., who discussed the incident with Italian newspaper Il Corriere della Sera.

"I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife," Monica told the newspaper. "Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."
Fabrizio was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, and hospital officials say he will recover from the wound.

After washing off the knife, Mario went to his bedroom, making no attempt to resist arrest when the police arrived. According to RIA Novosti, he is currently being held at a juvenile detention facility while police continue their investigation.

With the father surviving the viscous attack and the son safely in police custody, we can on to the message woven into this story. Sometimes video games have nothing to do with how violent we can be.

"Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games," his mother told Il Corriere.

http://kotaku.com/5456439/italian-teen-stabs-father-over-fifa-2009

symbal
January 25th, 2010, 23:58
Ahh let's see how these anti-gaming groups spin a football game into being bad for society.

darkriku2000
January 26th, 2010, 01:45
That's what happens when you give Mario a playstation, he goes nucking futs.

PoorKingz
January 26th, 2010, 02:15
Poor Luigi...

jungletek
January 26th, 2010, 10:10
Viscous, lol.

Did pasta sauce come out instead of blood? Olive oil? FFS.

Spell check only helps if you're literate in the first place.