PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV fakery

wraggster
July 10th, 2006, 16:05
News from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=142639&skip=yes)

Grand Theft Auto IV: ever since Microsoft confirmed its existence at this year's E3, the interweb has been alive with buzz, rumour and the usual horde of speculation about what Rockstar's next magnum opus will contain.

However outside of the logo, release date, the promise of episodic content on 360 and the odd hint on who might be working on the game, we really don't know a great deal more. However clearly some people are so excited by the prospect that they're not willing to wait and have started making their own GTA IV images.

That's the case this morning as, hot on the heels of the first bit of fakery a new alleged GTA IV screen has been doing the rounds over the weekend. It's total rubbish and not the real deal of course but we just thought we'd give you a glimpse so you can check it out for yourselves and s****** at this Photoshop foolery.

We quite like the copyright notices on this one, but really they're kidding no one. All prospective GTA IV fakers, you're brief now reads 'must try harder'.

Screenshot Via Comments

inlovewithi
July 10th, 2006, 16:10
This one looks more advanced, the 1st fake one looked like a sega Dreamcast game. Crazy Taxy style.

fistikuffs
July 10th, 2006, 16:51
Can't wait it looks great!! DOH!:o

jimmi
July 10th, 2006, 17:50
look at the people jesus they suck

mr_nick666
July 10th, 2006, 18:03
Hmm.. Must be a PSP screenshot! (lol!) :D

SSaxdude
July 10th, 2006, 18:59
It could just be concept art.

Demibeard
July 10th, 2006, 19:07
Shouldn't it at least be 16x9?

pepegomez
July 10th, 2006, 19:08
this would in fect be a really good engine. and im not kidding, since i dont liekt his metal like new shit every game has

kfish2oo2
July 10th, 2006, 20:06
my god thats one terrible image. even with the tiniest bit of 3d rendering knowledge that i have, i can see its fake. the building on the right is clearly real, that madly clear person in the blurred background is too bright, one of the cars in the backgroud is semi transparent!, and if you look closely, you can see the tree has no base. not even rockstar would allow even that slight oversight. and why is there a top of a bush just lyin in the sidewalk?

stotheamuel
July 10th, 2006, 20:17
fyi... im pretty sure microsoft didn't 'confirm' gta4....

they just 'confirmed' it would be on xbox 360 a the same time as ps3...

I knew abot GTA IV long before that

bm4n
July 10th, 2006, 21:20
actually they announced at E3 that GTA IV would come to the 360 first, exclusively...and then they mentioned a bunch of crap about serial gaming...so it IS confirmed for the 360 and going there first. funny screenshots too.

the_red_rose
July 11th, 2006, 11:02
maaan, this ain't no fake, it's just a real one!!!:eek:

amadeus
July 11th, 2006, 13:38
Pretty sure most of its CGI
Using a base of 3D and some amaturish photoshoping.

Building on right looks like it was rendererd seperately and comped in to the scene. Too much colour burn compared to the rest of the scene. You can tell it;s a render because the dirt on the windows is the same for each set.

Building left looks rendered. Not a bad job but theres little tells in the brick texture.

Second on the right is a basic box with photos and a bit of bump mapping. (think PGR style)

The trees are 3D clipart. Get them in most architextural packs.

The two people on the right are part of the same render as the building. All others are photoshopped in. Possibly most clipart.

The first guy on the left has his left foot sunk into the pavement.

The cars look like photos put in via photoshop.
Dunno about the "ghost jeep" could be the guy got his blending options messed up. Looks like it;s multiplying.

Conclusion. Well either it's some guy putting this together out of a desire to impress in which case good luck to him. He may have a future in CGI if he practises more. It's a good attempt at a concept just let down by a few things. But not many.

If this is an offical R* concept art, well they need to sort their department out.

smith1
July 11th, 2006, 17:31
Er, I'd love to see any of you do better. Wait, you can't!

kikxfan
July 12th, 2006, 12:13
this looks verry fake i dont think this is real