PDA

View Full Version : DS Max Media Dock

wraggster
July 10th, 2006, 16:28
New from Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ds-meddock)

http://www.divineo.co.uk/divineo/images/products/ds-meddock.jpg

MAX Media Dock is an amazing new storage device for your DS and DS Lite console.

MAX Media Dock allows you to store and access content saved on any Compact Flash card, releasing the potential of your DS as a full media playback device!

MAX Media Dock is compatible with readily available Compact Flash cards which offer some of the best value flash memory around. Cards up to 8GB can simply be snapped into the MAX Media Dock providing access to huge storage potential on your DS.

MAX Media Dock includes the Max Media Player/Dock DS cartridge which allows you to navigate and run content stored on your MAX Media Dock’s Compact Flash card though an intuitive, stylus controlled browser interface.

To get all that content onto your MAX Media Dock use the built in High Speed USB 2.0 port to connect the Media Dock to your PC. Windows will automatically recognise your card allowing you to quickly and easily Drag and Drop content onto it.

With MAX Media Dock you will also be able to enjoy numerous games and applications developed by talented programmers in the DS’s thriving ‘Homebrew’ community as well as watch high quality video and listen to MP3s!

MAX Media Dock is perfect for Movies, Music, Games, Home Brew and more!

justicejj91
July 10th, 2006, 18:57
I have the max media player, and I've heard that you can unscrew it, and replace the 4GB HDD with a CF card. Is that true?

mwingboy
July 10th, 2006, 21:23
no...this is a max media player with no included memory...you buy your own memory in CF cards...no 4GB HDD

simulcara
July 10th, 2006, 22:20
this is a hdd thing or watever u cant put in cf cards i am pretty sure that is for their other versions

BlaXun
July 10th, 2006, 22:49
Doesnt matter what version of the media player/dock you have...you CAN replace the HDD with a CF card which is a LOT faster!

The Hombrew Hunter
July 11th, 2006, 04:10
It's still a shitty thing.

MANDRILILLO
July 11th, 2006, 12:22
Is it possible to run .nds or .gba backups with Max Media Dock??

How??

I have one with 1Gb CF and I can run homebrew .nds but I dont know how to run my backups.

girardsummer
July 11th, 2006, 18:35
It's still a shitty thing.

Not true. The Max Media Player w/4gb HDD or the Media Dock aren't very bad as they may seem at first. I currently own the 4GB HDD and a 512 MB CF card. All you have to do is unscrew the HDD and CAREFULLY put on the CF card. The 4GB HDD itself use a CF format. I use the 4GB HDD for mp3s and DPG movies (I have the whole first season of The Boondocks in good quality) and I use the CF card for NDS rom backups. If you are to unscrew your HDD, remember it voids your warranty if you break it. Also, be real careful when you have a CF card attached since it doesn't have any way of being secured by the HDD's docking cradle. Hope I cleared some things up. To play NDS roms here's a link to a forum ON THIS SITE with a patcher (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27470)for the NDS roms. The roms must be original clean dumps and unaltered.

mwingboy
July 11th, 2006, 20:42
i guess..i can do all that on a supercard (and way more) which is cheaper than this (and smaller...)

badam
July 13th, 2006, 03:34
Can I use .gba for the max media dock

Goldfinger
July 15th, 2006, 21:07
I got one too and it runs only a few NDS files like I could play the Japanese version of Electroplakton but not he US one (patched or unpatched through Max Overload)

It's great for movies/mp3s while I am at work. Would rather have it than all the iSheep people :P

The MAX people are patching and upgrading the software ever month or so. It can only get better.