PDA

View Full Version : Apple Reportedly Pushing for $1 TV Shows in iTunes

wraggster
January 26th, 2010, 16:40
Let's be honest, guys: A season pass of The Office on iTunes costs $60. On DVD, it'll be half that. So, phew: Apple is reportedly pushing the networks to lower their prices for iTunes TV purchases way down to $1

http://gizmodo.com/5456950/apple-reportedly-pushing-for-1-tv-shows-in-itunes

ThatotherPerson
January 26th, 2010, 17:41
$1 sounds about right for a single show. Its a price that I could see myself buying an episode of a show I kinda want to see on impulse. And it would still add up to roughly $20 for a season which good fair to me. Anythign above $1 for 22 minutes of mediocre entertainment that your never going to watch a second time and would have been free if you watched it on TV seems a bit like a rip off.

But really who am I kidding as long as there is a free option available (piracy or live tv + antiquated VCR) I'm not going to pay to consume media. If there was a show that I really wanted to see and no pirated copy existed at the time or I just couldn't find it then maybe I would be willing to pay a bit more then $1. I bought doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog legally from Itunes and I think that was a bit more then $1 a part.