PDA

View Full Version : Japanese hardware sales, 26 June - 2 July

wraggster
July 10th, 2006, 19:47
Heres the results from the Japanese jury er i mean hardware sales for the week posted above:

- DS Lite: 153,566
- PSP: 25,935
- PS2: 23,133
- DS Phat: 3,504
- GBA SP: 2,919
- Xbox 360: 1,897
- Game Boy Micro: 1,443
- Gamecube: 1,002
- GBA: 17
- Xbox: 8

Yet again the DS Slaughters all with the PSP coming way behind in 2nd place, most notable this week was the Xbox360 which moved up the charts :)

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 19:54
Makes you think on why Nintendo is trying another home council when there handheld sales are slaughtering the competition.

jwilds73
July 10th, 2006, 20:12
Makes you think on why Nintendo is trying another home council when there handheld sales are slaughtering the competition.

Still not sure if I am ready to give Nintendo another shot. They burned me with the N64 which I purchased when it first came out. I was so sick of Mario 64 and Mario Kart and the complete lack of rpg's (at time of release and for awhile after) and Zelda kept getting pushed back. I ended up trading it to a coworker for a PSX and never looked back.

stotheamuel
July 10th, 2006, 20:12
haha i love how 6 out of 10 are nintendo consoles...

Voltron
July 10th, 2006, 20:34
Damn, Nintendo is kicking a$$ with that little DS Lite. I'm a die-hard PSP gamer but even I want a DS Lite. Good for Nintendo.

The handheld market domination probably allows them to have more freedom to be innovative and go their own way with the Wii. Nintendos future looks bright.

The PSP really needs to see a price drop. DS Lite is only $129.99 brand new. If the PSP was down to $149.99 it would be more competitive with the DS. With the onslaught of amazing games set to release this FALL for the PSP, I think Sony will gain a lot of ground with the PSP.

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 22:35
nintendo has sucked since gba and n64 with a few exceptions like the final fantasy remakes and metroid hunters. maby so many people buy nintendo systems because they remember the gameboy and snes and mario.

and xbox sucks too if you have a good computer.

game cube sucks all together.

playstation stuff and computer stuff are really the only new gaming systems that I really care about now, lol.

idapimp
July 11th, 2006, 01:21
naw. nintendo games are badass. how can you say that gamecube sucks with games like smash brothers, wario ware, resident evil 4, and the zelda games (including twilight princess). plus GBA had quite a few great games too. and the DS is awesome in it's own way too. nintendo is kickin some ass in japan.

Voltron
July 11th, 2006, 01:23
Well to be purely SONY and condemn everyone else in today's increasingly popular gaming world is very biased.

I have, a PSP, DS, XBOX 360, PS2, & GameCube.

Sure each has its own pros & cons but by having them all, you really benefit. Each has plenty of unique benefits as opposed to just owning ONE and boycotting the others.

Shadowblind
July 11th, 2006, 01:25
someday, when nintnedo buys Sony, they are gonna sell there games for extremly high prices, like $100, and systems for $1000.

The_It
July 11th, 2006, 07:14
naw. nintendo games are badass. how can you say that gamecube sucks with games like smash brothers, wario ware, resident evil 4, and the zelda games (including twilight princess). plus GBA had quite a few great games too. and the DS is awesome in it's own way too. nintendo is kickin some ass in japan.

I forgot about those games :)

yeah... i have all of the new nintendo and sony systems like ds, psp, gamecube, gba and ps2.. I guess nintendo isn't THAT bad, but I would be willing to sacrafice the gamecube in exchange for something else, same with my old beat up gba.

stotheamuel
July 11th, 2006, 08:06
someday, when nintnedo buys Sony, they are gonna sell there games for extremly high prices, like $100, and systems for $1000.

and thats when microsoft takes over??

idapimp
July 11th, 2006, 15:10
if microsoft ever takes over then the world is doomed and all the demons in hell will be set free.

Junixx
July 11th, 2006, 16:29
if microsoft ever takes over then the world is doomed and all the demons in hell will be set free.

haha very well said

SteveV2
July 11th, 2006, 18:11
Those stats don't really tell the whole story imho.

The NDS Lite is Nintendos 'new' handheld. Something 'new' always sells well.

If, right now a fully working, full speed N64 emu came out on the psp and 6 homebrew games which do you think would get downloaded (instead of buy, still figues) the most in 24 hours?

If the DS Lite hadn't come out do you think they would have shifted 150,000 odd more old DSes?

Junixx
July 13th, 2006, 06:16
If the DS Lite hadn't come out do you think they would have shifted 150,000 odd more old DSes?
well it is a good marketing scheme, release a handheld and wait for it so start dieing down, then redesign it and make it better to sell even more of them so the ones with the original wil buy them (im not saying everyone with orignals bought a lite) and then they can still get more people....worked with the GBA and SP, but, thats in my opinion though

but what you said is kind of true, but not every "new" system will sell though