PDA

View Full Version : master chief, now in new colors.

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 22:26
haha hi, well, i was bored, so i started playing with the skins of my players in iris, and i found you can make the color hue and saturation change.

this allowed me to make a red,blue,black, silver,and purple masterchief's.

uhm... interested?

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 23:38
umm yea well here are some screenshots for ya.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Pennineunited26/Screenshot0.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Pennineunited26/Screenshot1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Pennineunited26/Screenshot2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Pennineunited26/Screenshot3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Pennineunited26/Screenshot5.jpg

xtreameracer01
July 11th, 2006, 02:44
Nice...i see u like my "Open Up" map, but your problem on my map maybe that u dont have all the textures or they are not in the right places...read my "Read Me" that was in with the map for help...

pennineunited26
July 11th, 2006, 03:05
oh really,? dang i thought i got it right the second time.lol:D

you should have seen the first time, i didnt have any textures and the place was all white...

looked kinda cool though:rolleyes:

and yes, i like your open up map a lot.:D

xtreameracer01
July 11th, 2006, 06:57
I really enjoy these skins......all we need is multi-player on iris and we are officially a "Halo" rip-off!!!! lol

(But In A Good Way)

stotheamuel
July 11th, 2006, 08:26
hmm and if there is weapon modding (completley) available... and if we can get a first person mode... it'll be perfect...

pennineunited26
July 11th, 2006, 16:47
im glad you like them :D

Buddy4point0
July 16th, 2006, 02:33
nice skins i was getting kinda board of green

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:01
dude noobtaculus u do know that ps monkey got a real job and no one comes to this forum anymore so theres really no point in posting here
the only reason i came here is cause it said there was a new post which was u

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:02
mabey if you do make an installer or iris may get started back up again and that would be so sweet

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:03
i made a quite a few maps but im not happy with the glitchyness on some of them but i coud give u my best map for you to put in the installer just make sure u credit me for it ok

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:04
so do you want it ill post a screen shot if you do?

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:14
yo dude here it is. if u want it ill send u the bsp but be sure to credit me cause i dont want people steeling my stuff.

the map runs relatively smothly and its way smoother than most of the other big maps out there due to the fact that i spent more time bug fixing then i did acually mapping:D :thumbup:

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:21
here it is:thumbup: sry it took awile to upload:(
o and if i were you you should pm them and ask because i seriously doubt there comming to look at this forum

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:23
sry i think i made a mistake.
when you extract them go into ms0 and make a folder called iris and put maps and textures folders in there plz

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:25
um lemme check but i know beaver creek was made by my friend bigmace 12 but he changed his name to brooksyx

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:28
the multicolor master chiefs skins were made by pennineunited26
but the original master skin and model were made by someone else im not sure who sry

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:28
wait what? what r u talking about

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:31
i donno it worked fine for me ill upload it again and i fixed that thing i asked you to do so u dont need to anymore
also u do know this is not a halo map right its just a good iris map

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:33
its not letting me upload it for some reason but ill try again later

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:34
can u map or make models because if you can i could work on some halo maps and we could make a whole new mod

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:34
that might get allitle more attention then just a bunch of old files in a new installer

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:40
k here it is again but i didnt realize that this was a halo iris installer pack becaues this i not a halo map its just one of my thougth up creations
but if we could get iris going again i would love to start makeing some halo maps.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......stupid uploading times....................:D

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:40
dude r u even on cause u havent said anything in awhile

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:43
yea i have halo 1 for pc too and i have the halo 2 custom edition pack thing for it so i pretty much have halo 2 for pc aswell

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:45
make your maps in this- http://qeradiant.com/?data=files&files_id=76
then open them in this- http://qeradiant.com/?data=files&files_id=4
and convert to bsp_fullvis

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:46
also heres a good starting tutorial by product on mapping- http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22158

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:48
u dont need quake 2 gold edition but if u have it its better.
i just use open arena
just make sure that your open arena folder is called quake III arena

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 20:51
you can get open arena here http://moddb.com/scripts/out.php?dl=5275&mr=2

mesosade
February 15th, 2007, 22:49
Excuse me but DON'T quadruple post. use the edit button.

Buddy4point0
February 16th, 2007, 00:48
o sry about that

Buddy4point0
February 16th, 2007, 21:21
i cant email them right now but ill do it later.

Buddy4point0
February 20th, 2007, 03:52
yes it will work just make sure your radaint 1.4 knows what folder it is in. that is what i use and it works perfect.

Buddy4point0
February 20th, 2007, 23:45
[email protected] why?
when you start it it should ask where the folder is.
also theres probly somewhere under settings

Noobtaculus
February 21st, 2007, 19:52
k i got it ill send u what i hav as a start for hang em high. dont post it online yet im not done lol.

Buddy4point0
February 21st, 2007, 20:47
ok try useing smaller brushes for the wall because it looks to me like its all one big brush causeing it to glitch alot.

to do lighting:
-on the top,front, or side views make a small 1 block big brush.
-right click
-click light
-type in a number or hit esc for defult. i think 900 is good for your map
-place the light in the most open space there is
-if you used defult you might want more than one light and you might want to put them all around the map.
-play around with it untill you get the nicest least glitch lighting.

-to change the color of a light-
-select the light
-hit k
-choose a color
-if you dont choose a color the light will be defult white.

theres some more stuff but fix those first then mabey ill acually be able to see your map lol :)

also send me the .map file and ill look at it to see what you need help with.

Noobtaculus
February 22nd, 2007, 19:51
k ill try that and ill get you the map file tomorrow. i started wizard. u working on sumthing?

Buddy4point0
February 22nd, 2007, 23:22
k ill see it then.
yes im working on a map but its not from halo.
ill try a halo map after i finish this one.

Buddy4point0
February 23rd, 2007, 23:42
-ok im looking at them now.
-you should not post them up untill you revise everything im about to say.

-do you have the revised version of my map?
the one i posted under a new thread,not the one i gave you.
because if you do theres alot of textures inside the budds_textures folder you dont need so you can delete that folder and re-paist the new one in because if you just said overwrite it wont delete files. and theres like 20 mb of textures you dont need in there so that will save space.
:) just something i noticed that will be good.
the only textures in there that you need are lime,base_concrete,smooth_floor,and wall_outside:)

-ok ill edit this post and tell you what to do to help your maps after i look at them.

-ok.
-i got 3 files
hang um high, wizard, and high

-hang um high- looks like an unfinished version of high you put in there by mistake so ill skip it.

-high-
-first off try to make it brighter by makeing the lights have a higher power or by adding more.
-next the framerate is not bad but could be fixed by holding ctrl and shift and selecting the surfaces of brushes that you cant see like the outside of the map and the inside of hollow things and changeing there textures to caulk (its in common so make sure when you make a common folder and put the caulk texture in there) this makes the engine not draw a texture there and it will speed up your map.do not make all the sides out of caulk because this will cause the map to leak, only the sides you cant see while playing should be caulk. For future refrence it is easyer to make a map entirely out of caulk then hold ctrl and shift to select surfaces and put the texture on them.
-next make sure you dont have overlapping brushes because that will cause it to freek out. you can probably delete this and just use ctrl and shift to put different textures on different sides of the brush if thats what you were going for. Its the first screenshot.
-next if you dont want your textures to keep repeating themselves then select the brushes (shift) and press s. this will open the surface inspector and you can check the box to unlock and then change the values in that box to make the texture bigger. your walls and sky could probobly bennifit from this but im not sure how that ugly wall texture would do streached out. its the second screenshot
-next there are alot of overlapping and not lineing up right in this map (the next 2 screenshots) try useing the clipper (select the brushes and hit x to toggle the clipper) to cut off parts or the brush so that it fits flush. you can also hit v and move the vertices around to make any kind of custom shape at any angle you want(i thing the vertices are easyer) also you can edit the vertcies to to make an odd shape that your having trouble with and its easy to fix overlapping.
-im pretty sure you figured this out but just in case your didnt you can click grid then change the gridsize al the way down to 1.zoom in with your mouse wheel and get extreamly percise movements and streaches.

ok well ill go look at wizard now and try to help you out with that.:thumbup: its comming along nicely

-wizard-
-first off i never really played halo on this level so i dont know what its supposed to look like.

-most of your problems were the same as in high.

-ok first it should be brighter. add more light or raise the intensity of your lights.
-the map is kinda slow at times but overall good. try useing caulk to fix this (i explained how to to this higher up on this post)
-theres some problems with your brushes being overlapped but not very many. (the 5th screenshot)
-try useing the v key to enable vertice editing or just make the leg things longer so that theres no gap between it and the ground (screen 6)
-i alerady said that i dont ever remember playing on this map so i dont know if thats supposed to be an octagon so if it is then dont listen to this part. or just listen for future refrence. when you have your brush selected and go to brush 8 sides (or 9 sides i didnt count them) instead of clicking on that click on arbitarary sided and you can type in a number anywhere up to i think 60 but it might be like 50 to get the best circle you can.(last screen)

o it looks like only the first 4 screens will show. no matter the last three are for wizard and you can just gess what im talking about it shouldn't be too hard.

o they work now so nvm

keefurxxcore
February 24th, 2007, 00:27
is there an easy installer just for iris 2.0?

Buddy4point0
February 24th, 2007, 01:00
i belive the one that noobtackulus made is 0.2 just look in his sig for the link
if it doesn't then just download iris 0.2 for the 1.0 psp and put the open it-put the iris folder on the root of your memory stick- put iris0.2 or whatever it is in your game 150 folder if your on custom firmware.
if your on 1.5 its the same thing exept download the 1.5 files and put iris on the root and iris2.0 or whatever and iris2.0% in your game folder..
just like any other homebrew
accept the iris folder goes on the root.

keefurxxcore
February 24th, 2007, 01:46
ohhh ok i dled it i thought it was just the halo files not iris files thanks

Buddy4point0
February 24th, 2007, 02:38
o well im not positive but im fairly sure he would have included iris in an iris easy installer

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 04:48
yo noobtaculus hows your maps going? did you read up what i wrote for u on page 5? its been like 3 days and no word. my current map im working on is comming along nicely but its complicated and soooo anoying.

Noobtaculus
February 27th, 2007, 16:21
sorry bout not posting earlier, yeah ill make an easy insatller for iris 0.2 and 0.2. maps going great but im working more on wizard now. get back 2 u on that

Buddy4point0
February 27th, 2007, 20:18
k man

Buddy4point0
February 28th, 2007, 20:33
yea teleporters arent supported
ill check out your maps now k im downloading
for future refrence pretty much nothings supported exept ,lights,bots,and start points
doors arent even usable

Buddy4point0
February 28th, 2007, 20:40
-ok ill check it out in like 15 min cause im playing wwe and like i cant save untill i finish this mactch but then ill be sure to check it out

-also theres no point to have iris 0.1 in there it sucked you couldnt even go on hills so dude its useless to have in there

-post your iris 0.2 installer under the submit news page if you wan it to get front paged

-if i were you i would put the installer and the halo maps installer boh on the same post under submit news and then it will like most likely get front paged

Buddy4point0
March 1st, 2007, 03:13
-im writeing this post on my psp.
-thicken the brush with the teleporter texture on it to make it not disapeer like that.
-thicken the dark gray wall segment to make it not get all wavy on the end.
-use the vetecie tool (v) to fix this floor.

not a bad begineer map. it looks like u know the basics now.

- remeber to use caulk.

ill work some more on my blood gulch map after i have a beta of my mario 64 peaches castle map. (both are really complex unlike wizard)

not bad but remember caulk!

Noobtaculus
March 1st, 2007, 20:03
kk ill work on hang em high too

mesosade
March 7th, 2007, 18:00
geez this is like the most double posted thread ever! edit your original posts!

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2007, 16:27
im working on a mario 64 peaches castle map but im grounded so i havvnt been able to work on it recently and im not even supposed to be on the computer now so sorry about that. after i bring my grades up ill be able to finsih it and post it

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 02:23
ok i should be ungrounded at the end of next week. ive been working on a blood gulch map when my parents arent home. after a good 2-3 hours of ungrounded mapping ill have a beta for peaches castle. after 2-3 days more ungrounded mapping ill have a beta blood gulch

Noobtaculus
March 19th, 2007, 18:56
Great, I've been working on a map of my own, almost done, should b ready by 2morrow.
(+[__]+)

Buddy4point0
March 19th, 2007, 19:17
grrr stupid grades!
im still grounded!

pennineunited26
April 3rd, 2007, 22:41
wow. you guys are really doing great work. and im happy that those extra skins for m.c. are being used for something. the original i think was made by psmonkey becuase i got it from his download.

keep up the good work :-)

max_hempfling
April 7th, 2007, 20:57
i know im kinda late and nobody checks this forum any more but i made an elite, and the skin works perfect in milkshape, but in iris get screwed up :( i would realy love sum help so i can move onto skinning/ animatin tthe grunt, hunter, and jackel

Noobtaculus
April 9th, 2007, 14:11
ok anouncement guys:
im re-releasing wizard with buddy's improvs & suggestions as well as a new map that ive made.
(4 those of u using radient for editing maps: i just found the grid change tool, lol)
all should be out here by friday this week.

Buddy4point0
April 10th, 2007, 06:11
ok anouncement guys:
im re-releasing wizard with buddy's improvs & suggestions as well as a new map that ive made.
(4 those of u using radient for editing maps: i just found the grid change tool, lol)
all should be out here by friday this week.

lol you were working on 8 by 8 grid the hole time. haha. wow this is good i might try to finish my maps, max post your models (ill see why your skins not workin, noob finish your maps and we might have another halo mod. a full one.

Noobtaculus
April 10th, 2007, 20:11
k heres one of my maps.
Halocity is a big map but the framerate stays high because iris only needs to "render" what the character is seeing (aka not the whole map, and this ones tall)
it is possible to get to the top without spawning ther.

ps how can i post my own thread. it says i dont hav the permissions or whatever

Buddy4point0
April 11th, 2007, 11:07
uh what? this forum (the iris mod forum) doesnt have limits on thread posting so you should even if you only had 1 post

max_hempfling
April 13th, 2007, 01:37
i might use the model i have now to remake an elite model... ill use this one as a sort of outline... it would suck to have a halo mod that only im allowed to play >:( if i do make the characters u can expect a few in a munth... i can only model 3 days a week :P im not allowed to post any of the models i have now here because they are the original halo models

The King
April 13th, 2007, 01:41
nice maps

max_hempfling
April 14th, 2007, 00:55
i changed the iris icon to halo and when u scroll on it for 10 secs, u see the halo start screen... i just thot it would be a cool addition to any hal o mod

Buddy4point0
April 14th, 2007, 18:49
yea. hmm so what do we have now...
master chief-5 colors,
elite- 5 colors,
do you have a grunt?

and we have hmm how many maps?

max_hempfling
April 14th, 2007, 21:51
hellz yeh i have a grunt... i have to skin and animate it tho :P next time i go 2 my dads house, ill get the hunter worked out

max_hempfling
April 17th, 2007, 03:25
the model im worried about most is the jackel and his stupid shield.........sumthin strange happened to the hunter, i had a super dooper coolanimation for him, but nomatter wut skin i use on him, he wont show up in any md2 viewer or iris

Noobtaculus
April 17th, 2007, 18:21
are these the actual halo ones?

max_hempfling
April 18th, 2007, 02:03
yeh they are. im not allowed to post em here so to get em u have to email me

Buddy4point0
April 18th, 2007, 02:46
but dude just go ahead. unless you get a notice your not doing anything wrong. as long as you say the the original all you did was animate and skin

max_hempfling
April 19th, 2007, 01:47
no im not allowed to post it here, according to sum kind of ban hammer. sum guy posted on the forum i created and told me that they didnt want me to post it here cause bungie might give them s**t

myhalo123
June 22nd, 2007, 04:34
wow this pwns!

fissmajis
October 19th, 2007, 05:29
hey how do you have a battle pls reply fast because i am no getting how to have a battle with enemy

thesaminal
January 1st, 2008, 19:49
could i have the master chief character for iris? i really want to play as master chief. thanks to whoever responds