PDA

View Full Version : Devhook v0.43 Woes

AuroEdge
July 11th, 2006, 09:24
I have been trying to get devhook v0.43 to boot UMDs all night but it won't even boot v2.60 firmware. I had no trouble extracting & decrypting the firmware off of a v2.60 PSP but I have not been able to get Devhook to load v2.60 on my v1.50 PSP.

So, I have the F0 and FD folders from the extraction and decryption process but have had zero luck with getting the v2.60 firmware set up with the Devhook firmware installer. If anybody has any insight please let me know how to accomplish this.

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 09:49
all i did was get the 2.60 and added it to the dh folder in the root. i got mi new Outrun umd working. Yeahhhhhh just do the samething you did to get the 2.50 firmware

AuroEdge
July 11th, 2006, 11:19
all i did was get the 2.60 and added it to the dh folder in the root. i got mi new Outrun umd working. Yeahhhhhh just do the samething you did to get the 2.50 firmware
What do you mean by you "get the 2.60 and added it to the dh folder"? Where from?

shibby420182
July 11th, 2006, 14:51
Auro the autoinstall of 2.6 misses the reboot.bin file that you will have to get from another psp or find the file on the massive internet you have at your fingertips. with out that devhook will try to start up but will goto black screen for about 5 sec. and then turn off.

AuroEdge
July 11th, 2006, 17:38
Auro the autoinstall of 2.6 misses the reboot.bin file that you will have to get from another psp or find the file on the massive internet you have at your fingertips. with out that devhook will try to start up but will goto black screen for about 5 sec. and then turn off.
I have the reboot.bin file from my firmware dump, but the firmware installer still screws up the firmware install somewhat. I can at least now boot 2.60 but then it freezes at different times but usually no more than a minute after boot of the UMD. I get an error referring to loadexec.prx can't be decrypted.

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 18:14
Guys just google (devhook .43) thats all i cant say without posiblie breaking any rules.

SSaxdude
July 11th, 2006, 19:03
Guys just google (devhook .43) thats all i cant say without posiblie breaking any rules.
I was just going to say that.

AuroEdge
July 11th, 2006, 19:23
Yeah I guess that's an option. I think the problem lies with the Devhook firmware installer. I haven't tried installing firmware from a 2.60 UMD, only a data.psar from an old 2.60 update eboot I got from Sony. Maybe there's some encryption or compression the firmware installer can't deal with in the data.psar. I don't want to take the easy and not so legal way out with a preconfigured copy of 0.43.

dalejrrocks
July 11th, 2006, 21:20
you need to dump the 2.6 firmware using PSAR dumper by psp-pet. and use that.

AuroEdge
July 12th, 2006, 02:04
you need to dump the 2.6 firmware using PSAR dumper by psp-pet. and use that.
I did that. Then I used the 2.7 PRXDecrypter as well on the 2.6 dump to decrypt it. Now I have a bunch of files that are not in a usable structure as Devhook needs them. The firmware installer for devhook sorts the 2.6 files to where devhook needs them but the PSARDumper doesn't organize them as such when it dumps the 2.6 firmware you actually have flashed onto your bios. And from what I'm reading you only need reboot.bin from the extracted/decrypted 2.6 dump anyways so the problem is definitely with the firmware installer. Like I may have mentioned, maybe the firmware installer can only install from a 2.6 umd.

dalejrrocks
July 12th, 2006, 02:47
you should have two folders flash0 and flash1 in the 2.6 folder and reboot.bin. i am about to go try that psar dumper.