PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: CPC Emulator for PSP v1.1.2 (Skin)

zx-81
July 11th, 2006, 14:16
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap-12.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.

First i would like to thanks Shadow for his beautiful icons and background image :).

What's new in version 1.1.2 :

- Add icons and background designed by Shadow !
- Modify the UI to be able to use custom background images (transparency)
- Sleep mode is now working (but only when you're in the emulator window)
- Bug fix in danzeff keyboard (wrong key mapping)

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 14:21
Nice tried it already. Ones again great work ZX

sNIk
July 11th, 2006, 17:12
nice work. ;)

xiringu
July 11th, 2006, 17:19
another one?

c'mon man! give me a break! I can't keep up!

just kidding...good work! :)

aTomIC
July 11th, 2006, 18:53
Ahh, next version of your great Schneider CPC emulator. Great!!! :)

...shadow...
July 11th, 2006, 20:39
YEA! You used my designs! keep it up, you must be a zombie, you never sleep lol

zx-81
July 11th, 2006, 21:16
YEA! You used my designs! keep it up, you must be a zombie, you never sleep lol

You've done a great work Shadow ! Many thanks !

shenske37
July 13th, 2006, 04:01
great job zx-81 all of your emulators are looking very promising, great job! there seems to be nothing stopping you.

sorry to be off topic
hey ...shadow... there is no way to contact you and i was wondering if you might be able to make some skins for other emulators (snes, nes, genesis, etc.). i'm a big fan of the icons you made. just pm me

Jmax
July 13th, 2006, 04:03
What is CPC?

Mr. Shizzy
July 15th, 2006, 10:20
AMSTRAD CPC 464 emulator. Released in 1984. Main rivals were the Spectrum and the Commodore 64. The CPC was superior to both.

SteveV2
July 27th, 2006, 19:43
Can anyone tell me exactly how to load dsk files into this?

I put the dsk file into the disk folder, I load it in, it loads ok.

I then use the command run/cpm

I get bad command.

The gberet dsk file works that's already in the folder. I just badly want to play roland on the ropes. It was my fav from back in my youth, also dragons gold, fruit machine, electro freddy etc.

Please, someone help :D

BeefJerky
July 27th, 2006, 22:41
I think this is in the read me - you have to use the CAT command first to find out the game name of the file you are trying to RUN. You then have to use the keyboard to type RUN"GAME (with GAME being whatever the name you find is). I would assume if your disk image is named correctly, you could just hit the auto RUN/CPM command.

I got this working and it is stunning. I adore it. This is quite possibly my favourite emulator.

zx-81
July 27th, 2006, 22:51
I got this working and it is stunning. I adore it. This is quite possibly my favourite emulator.

I'm still working on it, and if think you will enjoy next release ;)

SteveV2
July 28th, 2006, 00:07
Yep, that's what I did, CAT then command CPM (after I loaded the dsk file in),

Thanks, i'll try another game.

If you could do me just one thing, does roland on the ropes work on yours?

Keep up the good work zx-81, when I get this working no more 5 min loading tapes! :D

SteveV2
July 28th, 2006, 00:15
I think this is in the read me - you have to use the CAT command first to find out the game name of the file you are trying to RUN. You then have to use the keyboard to type RUN"GAME (with GAME being whatever the name you find is). I would assume if your disk image is named correctly, you could just hit the auto RUN/CPM command.

Yes! I get what you are saying now, CAT came up with roland2 so I put in run"roland2 and it worked :D Thanks BeefJerky.

It's been a good 15 years since I last played this game thanks again zx-81 for making this possible :)

Greg_Alexander
October 22nd, 2006, 16:16
Great nostaligia trip! Great emu, Thanks so much.
Just gotta get that speed and smoothing issues sorted, and all will be good :D
I think back to 1987, loading up a game(some took 10 mins to load!), whilst it slooooooowly drew the game cover on the screen and what sounded like an old school modem connecting, lol. No more of that! :D

Love the inclusion of the ability to add you own pic on the game menu.:D

Gryzor
November 18th, 2006, 20:31
Thanks for this great, great emu...

One question: I'm running it under the Krieg loader, and though the speed is around 140% the emu runs significantly under 1x, even with frame skipping... is this because of the eloader? But even so, how come CPU is >100%?

Keep it up!

Cheers
Gryzor

zx-81
November 19th, 2006, 03:03
Thanks for this great, great emu...

One question: I'm running it under the Krieg loader, and though the speed is around 140% the emu runs significantly under 1x, even with frame skipping... is this because of the eloader? But even so, how come CPU is >100%?

Keep it up!

Cheers
Gryzor

The CPU speed displayed by this emulator is not really accurate, this might explain your result ...

Gryzor
November 19th, 2006, 08:36
The CPU speed displayed by this emulator is not really accurate, this might explain your result ...

Ah, there you have it then... I toyed around with the sound tick-something option (what does it do anyway?) and got higher speeds for higher values. However, is there any way to limit the speed to an accurate 100%, since you never know how fast or slow a game is running? Or, will this be implemented?

Thanks again :)
Th

zx-81
November 19th, 2006, 12:53
Ah, there you have it then... I toyed around with the sound tick-something option (what does it do anyway?) and got higher speeds for higher values. However, is there any way to limit the speed to an accurate 100%, since you never know how fast or slow a game is running? Or, will this be implemented?

Thanks again :)
Th

I plan to do another last release for this emu (which is my favorite), to add some new features (such as a speed limiter), and to rewrite a bit the UI (as i've done for my other new emulator ports).

:)

Gryzor
November 21st, 2006, 12:26
Ooh, that's so great... I feel a donation coming this way... =)

Can't wait!!! Is there a timeframe?

Cheers
Gryzor

zx-81
November 21st, 2006, 15:36
Can't wait!!! Is there a timeframe?

Cheers
Gryzor

Before the end of this week :D :D

Gryzor
November 21st, 2006, 19:05
Oh man... I love you :D

zx-81
November 21st, 2006, 23:45
Oh man... I love you :D

Here it is : here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43475)

Gryzor
November 23rd, 2006, 07:29
Rats, the forum did not notify me, but I thought I'd check your homepage and lo and behold! It's here! Darn I have to leave home before trying it, but thanks^1024!!! Now I will certainly take my dsk collection to my trip to Spain... yay!

Cheers
Gryzor

Gryzor
November 23rd, 2006, 14:29
By the way, could we ask for another feature? How about some nice screen-stretching options? Hmmm? :) Basically vertical stretch (max it so that vertically it fills the screen, maybe with some stats on the sides?) would be fantastic... Is it easy to implement?

Cheers
Gryzor

PS Added a small entry on the cpcwiki, btw, maybe you'd care to fill in a little more details? http://www.cpcwiki.com/index.php/PSPCap32

zx-81
November 23rd, 2006, 15:03
By the way, could we ask for another feature? How about some nice screen-stretching options? Hmmm? :) Basically vertical stretch (max it so that vertically it fills the screen, maybe with some stats on the sides?) would be fantastic... Is it easy to implement?

It shouldn't be too hard :D ... I can add this new screen mode size in next version ...

PS Added a small entry on the cpcwiki, btw, maybe you'd care to fill in a little more details? http://www.cpcwiki.com/index.php/PSPCap32

Thanks, i will have a look :)