PDA

View Full Version : Future-Resurrection v1.3 (new build)

Zion
July 11th, 2006, 20:55
The game is very much still in alpha stage. but is improving day by day.
im working on sprite animation, but want to code it in a new way, so its
taking a bit of time. I have nearly got the interactive conversation
aspect done, but i want to refine it a bit more.

Added in this release :

Ingame Menu,
Proper Title Screen Menu,
Collision detection,
Eboot, rather than loading via lua player,
Two (cpu) controlled characters.

Another update soon, hopefully..:D

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2006, 20:57
awesome zion

Crimson_Lotus
July 11th, 2006, 21:01
Alright! Now to sneak into my brothers bedroom and grab ahold of his psp...:)

yaustar
July 11th, 2006, 21:30
As usual, quick review of areas to improve on:
- Font variable isn't used yet (minor gripe since it crashed LuaPlayer Windows)

- Rethink on how you are going to manage your NPCs, calling them NPC1, NPC2 etc is just going to be tedious to work with as you have to type the same line over and over again in code to do the same thing. Eg:
NPC1.DoSomething()
NPC2.DoSomething()
NPC919.DoSomething()

Put them in a table and run through them in a while/for loop. Eg:
for i=1, TotalNumberOfNpcs do
NPC[i].DoSomething()
end

-- The screen.waitVblankStart(60) and screen.waitVblankStart(240) are unneccasary in the init function as the player is forced to wait when he/she doesn't need to.

mexicansnake
July 11th, 2006, 21:52
awsome!

Zion
July 11th, 2006, 21:53
Thanks for the advice yaustar :D

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 08:59
gottahold of my bros PSP

Hmmm, this should be posted in news...

I'm surprised the developement thread is getting more attention than this beta one.

Great job Zion! I look forward to the next beta...

onecrzyazn
July 12th, 2006, 16:38
If you you want a menu, I can make you one while im cookn up your new sig.

Shadowblind
July 12th, 2006, 17:32
And here I thought you were inactive :p

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 17:37
gottahold of my bros PSP

Hmmm, this should be posted in news...

I'm surprised the developement thread is getting more attention than this beta one.

Great job Zion! I look forward to the next beta...
It shouldn't be. There isn't anything playable in this release.

Shadowblind
July 12th, 2006, 17:44
Playable doesnt always matter, as long as we are talking of something coming thats playable. :D

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 18:02
Yes it does. There is a difference between a development release and a 'press/news' release. One is seen by other developers and is appreciated as such. The other is seen by the users/mainstream and will be seen as a game.

Imagine the response in both cases. Even better, see the response in one case:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Future-Resurrection-v1-3-Unveiled-/pg/49/aid/58597

edit: Ahhh.. I now see the problem. Changed to a more 'appropriate' link. Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 18:45
The game is slowly coming together and right now support is always helpful. Although I know the game is pretty basic as of yet, the storyline is solid, gameplay is coming soon, and I'm sure Zion is working hard.

Zion
July 12th, 2006, 18:54
Sure am...:D

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 18:57
The game is slowly coming together and right now support is always helpful. Although I know the game is pretty basic as of yet, the storyline is solid, gameplay is coming soon, and I'm sure Zion is working hard.
*WE* know that, end users wont if it gets on the front page of other sites and that's the difference.

Zion
July 12th, 2006, 19:04
Yaustar, I personally wish i never signed up on PSP-Updates. All they do is flame. They can't possibly see any future in anything. The majority of people on psp-updates are very ignorant people.

they love a chance to jump down some ones throat and start a flame war.

If you are one of the people who flamed me on that, and are reading this, download the new version. That will prove that this game is being worked on, AND it is the third alpha release. Alot of you p***ks said "he will never release a new version" "wow sprite animation, i could have made this in 5 mins" well now you have made fools out of yourslefs.

i know the game may not be playable yet, but mark my words it will be, and when it is, you will have to shove those negative, evil comments down your pig-headed throats.

Shadowblind
July 12th, 2006, 19:31
Hey this has been on the front page of my site, why does it matter if it doesn't have a playable release AS OF YET new yaustar?

Gizmo356
July 12th, 2006, 19:42
zion i flammed yo j/k but yeah all they do is flame

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 19:57
Hey this has been on the front page of my site, why does it matter if it doesn't have a playable release AS OF YET new yaustar?
This is because most end users will take it 'as is'. They don't really care that it is still being worked on or not. They see it as it is *now*. As it is now, it is not a 'playable' game and will recieve negative publicity. It is fine as a developers release but not as a 'Press/News' release.

If you want it as a front page piece, don't give a link to download and try the game, just give a screenshot.

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 20:16
I am ashamed that you of all people yaustar, would post that link in this thread, especially to prove your point. It was very rude in my mind...

Please take it down for the sake of the thread,

Thankyou,
Crimson

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 20:46
Why? I was making a valid point and backing it up with evidence. I can't even see why it is rude. Even I got slated in one of my 'releases' that was never meant to be a release.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Lua-RTS-Prototype/pg/49/aid/54489

Welcome to criticism and the Internet, live with it.

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 21:26
Why? I was making a valid point and backing it up with evidence. I can't even see why it is rude. Even I got slated in one of my 'releases' that was never meant to be a release.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Lua-RTS-Prototype/pg/49/aid/54489

Welcome to criticism and the Internet, live with it.

I asked nicely... Hoping you would be conciderate.

If you are really in the business of helping us then please take down the link... I am very serious.

-Crimson

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 21:37
Unless there is a valid reason for me to take back my words, I won't. As far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with links given in this thread.

Zion knows that currently I am being considerate as there are a few things about the 1.0 release you may not know about.

Zion
July 12th, 2006, 21:48
Don't blackmail me Yaustar. I made it perfectly clear in the mix up about the 1.0 release (on the first post) so feel free to tell everyone you want.

I gunntims and everyone else has got over that except you, so get over it.

And just becuase your game got flamed over at psp-updates, doesnt mean you have to be negative all the time. Either lighten up or please don't post on my threads, i am busy enough as it is without having to defend myself from unnessacary flaming

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 21:53
Oboy. So far, I have not mentioned that incident outside of the original thread. In fact I have helped you by pointing out the areas that need improving from release 1.01 onwards. [E.g. See my First reply in this thread]. I can't even see the blackmail or the threat, I supposedly made.

I am not flaming you or dissing your project. My original point was that development releases should NOT make the front page because of end users do NOT appreicate projects that are 'in progress' and posted links to prove that point. This point applies to ALL projects in progress including my own. End of. There is no underlying message to anything. All my replies should be taken at face value.

At present you are taking all my replies as personal attacks on you and your project. In fact, I can't see anywhere in this thread where I have attacked this project.

Edit: Yes, I did get flamed at PSPupdates and quite frankly I don't care. It was a release made for developers like my collision box example and animation example. This wasn't the first time it has happened to me either. MGS2D was released to a developer site for the GBA with a 40-50 page odd report on the project. Developers loved it because they read the report and appreicated it as it was. It got posted on PDROMs/elsewhere to end users. They didn't care about the report and slated it. That's the difference that I tried to put across which seems to be completely lost by everyone.

Zion
July 12th, 2006, 21:57
I know, and appriciate your help yaustar. And i know, i didnt want this to be front page news, not until its playable anyway.

Sorry if i over-reacted.

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 22:17
Ahhh... I now see what the original problem with the link was (why didn't anyone tell me the reason to take down the link?). Changed to a more appropriate link.

Crimson_Lotus
July 12th, 2006, 23:53
Ahhh... I now see what the original problem with the link was (why didn't anyone tell me the reason to take down the link?). Changed to a more appropriate link.

Alittle better....:o

Shadowblind
July 12th, 2006, 23:56
Stop fighting, its getting really annoying.

Crimson_Lotus
July 13th, 2006, 00:28
Stop fighting, its getting really annoying.

I think it's over now, I hope.:p

Zion
July 13th, 2006, 00:31
mee too :(

yaustar
July 13th, 2006, 00:33
Pretty much.

Kaiser
July 13th, 2006, 07:05
****ing PSPU has posted your release as a QJ community project. This is ****ing despicable.
Check these comments (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?&pg=49&aid=58597&act=success). Absolutely disgusting.

Its been months since I've been this angry at PSPU.

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 07:36
Im revising this. I dont want those commentors seeing the pleasure of their comments getting me angry.

yaustar
July 13th, 2006, 12:03
Just for curiosity's sake, who is doing most of the coding? Zion or h4rdc0m?

Zion
July 13th, 2006, 13:46
me, yaustar. and damn psp-updates, im gonna sort that out

yaustar
July 13th, 2006, 14:01
Don't worry about PSPUpdates, there isn't really much you can do about it short of private releases.

Crimson_Lotus
July 13th, 2006, 16:42
Im revising this. I dont want those commentors seeing the pleasure of their comments getting me angry.

I am glad. I wish to see no mention of PSPU again if we make a new thread. I was very dissapointed how it turned up in this one. That place will be a shadow of the production and I want no one to remind of it in any way. The ordeal has been fully attended to on our side and we understand their mistake and ours I am sure.

I hope to see the whole topic settled completely. There is always a negative I understand, but those racist, demeaning, and unconstitutional remarks have no place in the DCemu community in my mind.

-Crimson