PDA

View Full Version : Dodgin' Diamond 2 0.2 Port

Eric
June 20th, 2004, 04:52
Okay now the wacky wheels port is a dumb idea i thought i would get positive things from it but anyways back to another game i think would be amazing and i only offer the best ports the reason why i am asking for this is it is now ported to X-Box and its a arcade style airplane shooter and looks good the source,info, and screenshots are available at:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/dd2/?branch_id=39887&release_id=161456

Eric

WHurricane16
June 20th, 2004, 06:48
Dogdgin' Diamond is the shooter, right? Actually, it will work.....I got an older version to work but it would crash as soon as I started the game.

Eric
June 20th, 2004, 07:00
i dont have the game never played it but shooters are my fav games and most of them are really amazing when both this game and C-Dogs are released or if C-Dogs is released i will mention more i have so many things in my head i go to sites and search for games and find sources on my spear time so i hope things workout

Eric

quzar
June 20th, 2004, 07:53
almost done porting it. *;D

edit: whoops i should refresh more... hope i dont have that same problem...

quzar
June 20th, 2004, 08:20
done. in game playing. its slow, keyboard controls and buggy controls but it works. also no sound =\. i guess i have a tad bit of work to do hehe.

WHurricane16
June 20th, 2004, 08:45
Actually, I was working on this too :) I was slowed down by trying to re-write the 'fscanf' stuff so the reading/writing to the VMU would work. I was also going to add 'digital/analog' control options instead of 'keyboard/joystick'. If you don't mind, would you mind tag teaming on your code?

EDIT: Did you change to channel 1 in line 290 (if I didn't do any modifications/deletions) in main.c? That should get the sound working. Also, I haven't got to it yet but changing some of the screen settings in main.c and timing in engine.c should speed it up.

quzar
June 20th, 2004, 12:16
hrm i already have it all working... other than permission from the author and i sent him an email before i made my first post here asking for it. Until i get permission im just gonna finish tweaking the different menu systems and making the high score work on the DC (rotation style with the letters). oh, and after adding some nice speed compiler settings it runs at what seems to be full speed...

Eric
June 20th, 2004, 15:10
i want to thank you guys for this one if you like this you will like me next request i dont know what it is yet but i will let you know and dont worry it will be good

quzar
June 24th, 2004, 08:42
Update: I just got the ok from the author. It is pretty much ready to go. I plan on releasing in conjunction with the port of Shippy1984 (http://www.shippysite.com/manual.html) that i have been working on and one other shooter to release all at the same time. Within the next two weeks.

WHurricane16
June 24th, 2004, 10:33
Wow, this is the Summer of the DC

quzar
June 24th, 2004, 11:00
Much better than the summer of sam, i assure you =P

*just realized it might be taken as against you, but it isnt, reference to that serial killer guy from the 70s...*

Christuserloeser
June 24th, 2004, 11:56
;D Great work! Let us know if you compiled the final version!

We'll do a newspost! :)

Brilliant job that is 8) I am really surprised! Didn't follow this thread until now!

Chris

MetaFox
June 24th, 2004, 12:53
*just realized it might be taken as against you, but it isnt, reference to that serial killer guy from the 70s...*That'd be the Summer of Sams. ;)

And that was a good summer. ;D

WHurricane16
June 24th, 2004, 14:44
Much better than the summer of sam, i assure you =P

*just realized it might be taken as against you, but it isnt, reference to that serial killer guy from the 70s...*

"Kill them. Kill them all."

Signed,
The Dog.

quzar
June 24th, 2004, 19:04
hehe

Eric
June 26th, 2004, 04:44
hey i would like to say good work if you like this one i am going to find some more if you feel interested in my requests i will start looking

Thanks

Eric

quzar
June 26th, 2004, 04:57
yea go for it. its easier when i dont have to look myself. but just so you know ive looked through most of the stuff linked to on libsdl.org, and selected the few i thought were definetly portable (lots of C++ out there).

Eric
June 26th, 2004, 05:00
well i just found another but i will be making another post unfortunitly i have no clue if its C++ but its another shooter based on Zone 66 on the site it has amazing screens anyways i will make a post of it and you guys can take a look

Ian_micheal
June 26th, 2004, 12:36
Game playes good quzar when your going to release ito the public. Ive finshed a few times now. Only some little things to do high score table and such.

It's a good game worth you releasing it.

quzar
June 26th, 2004, 12:42
Well, at this point im pretty sure that Im getting my own webspace via Team Screamcast, and have talked to them about hosting this stuff. The only problem so far is that the website is not finished yet. When it is though, it will open with at least 2 ports by me ;D Until then... patience.

Christuserloeser
June 26th, 2004, 13:25
:) Good news!

Eric
June 26th, 2004, 20:17
i think that is amazing i hope you guys will also have forums there and also a porting section so i can request more awesome games again i would like to thank you guys for your great work

Eric

quzar
June 27th, 2004, 06:52
There are forums, they are mostly private though, but there is a 'request help from screamcast' forum and a General discussion forum.

Eric
June 27th, 2004, 12:20
sweet i cant wait for this site to be up

Ian_micheal
June 29th, 2004, 02:17
One more site for limted crowed to spread out on heh.

Eric
June 29th, 2004, 18:49
i think its good we have a homebrew 2 news sites your site and now finally a port site i only need to look at 5 to be satisfied if i like it i think other users would like it aswell

quzar
June 29th, 2004, 19:29
well the screamcast site is literally just for hosting screamcast information and releases, not a general purpose website. We're a pretty big team now, plenty of artists, coders, musicians, and others.

Eric
June 29th, 2004, 20:48
well i was looking at that new madri DC thing and if i learn a lot and if its easy to use i might become a coder and would have to if possible that i do join its about time i have been waiting 3 years