PDA

View Full Version : NDeSmuME 0.4.0 (Open Source)

Cho Aniki
July 11th, 2006, 23:58
Heres a emu that runs games and is open source , it might be worth a shot at porting it just cause its possible and its not as crazy as it might seem , psp already has some fun just-cause-its-possible ports like the Jaguar emu. Maybe on a day when ZX-81 gets bored he might jump on it ;)

This emu worked suprisingly well on my p2 400mhz here are some screenshots I took: http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2972/ds6nc.png
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5190/lunards7vd.png

Emu for Windows: http://www.uppo.it/storage/1b34c1185251e47fd5d8e6a027db6559.zip

Source: http://www.uppo.it/storage/2296cc57a4183d432c7b1f1a0a8d33a2.zip

and spare me the flames of a DS emu on psp being crazy and never possible , only constructive comments please:).

Kramer
July 12th, 2006, 00:00
cool does it play game full speed
and what games play on it

Cho Aniki
July 12th, 2006, 00:07
Since my PC is from the last century I can't really judge what the top speed of this emu is but appears to run alot of the games you throw at it.

JKKDARK
July 12th, 2006, 22:32
wow, amazing :D

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 22:13
Well the gba emu isnt even great yet, so I dont know... DeSmuME is a great emu though.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 23rd, 2006, 22:20
I thought we all agreed...

A-It's impossible,
B-The pirates could kill off DS or
C-It'd be boring as hell without fun Stylus and the screens would have to be sideways or SMASHED.

calebg
July 24th, 2006, 00:22
or they could put screens next to eachother

yaustar
July 24th, 2006, 00:30
The DS is basically GBA hardware + ARM9 + 3D chip. So if GBA emulation is not up to speed with spare CPU cycles, DS is not going to happen.

psiko_scweek
July 24th, 2006, 00:44
Yauster is right, its very unlikely that we will ever see a DS emulator on the PSP. We barely have the GBA running near full speed (thanks zx!)

JKKDARK
July 24th, 2006, 06:14
C-It'd be boring as hell without fun Stylus and the screens would have to be sideways or SMASHED.
RIGHT;)

sappo
August 1st, 2006, 20:33
Stop saying DS on PSP! DS rulez, and it couldn't EVER go on a PSP. It hasn't touch screen, and isn't powerful enough.

Grow up and buy a DS.

By the way, the creator of NDeSmuME is mine friend, and another friend of mine is the one who got that name to the emulator. He ROCKS.

Zion
August 1st, 2006, 20:48
Well, i doubt a coder would even attempt it....

becuase, the coder would be immediatly under legal pressure from Nintendo.

I don't think consoles that are still commercially active (DS, PSP, PS2 etc) should have emulators...

Just look at the Dreamcast....Chankast added to its downfall...

I think emulators for consoles should only be made, after the console is no longer being produced by the company

acn010
August 1st, 2006, 21:21
Stop saying DS on PSP! DS rulez, and it couldn't EVER go on a PSP. It hasn't touch screen, and isn't powerful enough.

Grow up and buy a DS.

By the way, the creator of NDeSmuME is mine friend, and another friend of mine is the one who got that name to the emulator. He ROCKS.
lol,
dude, whats your problem?
its an emulator that "may be possible" (in some way) to be ported and run.
i had planned the ds emulator since february and its impossible for me because of its limitation on the psp.
and i also have a DS and its collecting dust for me, which i have to clean it up, and the psp is more powerful than the DS (basically is a computer)

dagger89
August 2nd, 2006, 15:37
maybe one day.... i doubt it would ever reach full speed, most likely 1/2 at max

Cho Aniki
August 2nd, 2006, 15:57

Grow up and buy a DS.

I think its you who needs to grow up , notice how I say "just-cause-its-possible" hence a proof of concept port not that it will run smoothly or be even near playable , just like the jaguar emu port that ran at 1 fps.

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2006, 16:07
right stop the fighting............ Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

JKKDARK
August 2nd, 2006, 17:17
Well, i doubt a coder would even attempt it....

becuase, the coder would be immediatly under legal pressure from Nintendo.

I don't think consoles that are still commercially active (DS, PSP, PS2 etc) should have emulators...

Just look at the Dreamcast....Chankast added to its downfall...

I think emulators for consoles should only be made, after the console is no longer being produced by the company
WRONG. What about PCSX2 (PS2 emu), gameboy advance/Nintendo DS/PSX emulators? They are great consoles at the moment, and you can play them in your computer.

nyrtrublue
August 7th, 2006, 04:36
the nintendo ds is for children so dont say grow up and buy one and btw if you didnt notice your a firckin noob and its more than obvious you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. So while your at it swallow your pride admit you made a mistake save up for a psp............and o yeah grow a sack!

The Hombrew Hunter
August 7th, 2006, 07:01
....That was the MOST immature post I have ever read in my...what? 2 months at DCEmu?

1, the DS is not for children. Resident Evil will prove that. It just has more games designed for a younger audience. Is that stopping anyone? And the FF3 port and Crystal Chronicles will definately wipe the floor with most PSP commercial games, no offense.

2, he knows what he was talking about. The psp isn't powerful enough, and I can't seem to find a control scheme to fit the PSP.

3, if he doesn't want to become a mindless psp-zombie asshole like you (no offense mindless psp-zombie assholes besides nyrtrublue), he doesn't HAVE to buy a PSP. Jackoffs like you almost REPEL me from getting a PSP.

Well I hope I cleared that up for you. It's not he that needs to grow up. It's all obvious YOU need to grow up, and, how you say, "grow a sack." Go away until you're mature enough to visit DCEmu.

Or, in other words, don't be a douche and truly grow up.

sappo
August 28th, 2006, 19:28
....That was the MOST immature post I have ever read in my...what? 2 months at DCEmu?

1, the DS is not for children. Resident Evil will prove that. It just has more games designed for a younger audience. Is that stopping anyone? And the FF3 port and Crystal Chronicles will definately wipe the floor with most PSP commercial games, no offense.

2, he knows what he was talking about. The psp isn't powerful enough, and I can't seem to find a control scheme to fit the PSP.

3, if he doesn't want to become a mindless psp-zombie asshole like you (no offense mindless psp-zombie assholes besides nyrtrublue), he doesn't HAVE to buy a PSP. Jackoffs like you almost REPEL me from getting a PSP.

Well I hope I cleared that up for you. It's not he that needs to grow up. It's all obvious YOU need to grow up, and, how you say, "grow a sack." Go away until you're mature enough to visit DCEmu.

Or, in other words, don't be a douche and truly grow up.

Dude, you really understood all. Really thanks.

Oh, and just for you PSP RULEZ-fanboi, I have a PSP, and I use it daily. And I also have a DS, and I use them equally.

But what I'm saying is that is TRULY stupid thinking that a 100mhz biprocessor handheld WILL EVER work on a 333mhz MIPS processor.

See the GBA. It's only 33mhz, and the best emulator here only emulates some games at full speed.

And you REALLY want a DS emulator for PSP?

Okay. No problem. Are you going to use a Stylus on your PSP screen that will MAGICALLY become touch-sensible? Or you will use the ANALOG stick, and will DIE every 30 seconds because it's TOO imprecise?

Only think that using a mouse on a PC with an emulator, on some games is LITERALLY impossible to play them well.

Now, grow up.

Sorry mods, but sometimes it is needed to be a little rude.

mike03$$$
July 4th, 2007, 16:58
i might do it im learning how to c++ so when i learn successfully i will try to spit the screen in half left side top screen and right side bottom and analog for touch and then note button for touch clicking

xg917
July 4th, 2007, 18:42
nice to know but this topic is almost a year old. lol
make a new topic about you taking on this task

if you really want to make a DS emu for psp then go for it. we would all appreciate it. but.. how are you exactly planning to do this? you said that you are still learning to code. make a new thread and see if people have suggestions and see if anyone would like to help if you realy want to be dedicated in this project. i would help but i dont know how to code. but i want to learn, where are you learning?

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 21:38

Grow up and buy a DS.

Hey, I am definately a nintendo-fanboy, but not a jerkoff. PSP is almost 10 times the system DS is. That doesn't mean it's better, but it's really, really powerful. With hard work, I'm sure this could be done.
It was said that PSX on PSP was impossible until sony ****ed themselves and did it.
If someone worked hard enough, I'm sure it would be possible. Not every game uses the touch screen, anyway.

I like DS way more than PSP, as a system, and for the games on it. But PSP is an extremely powerful emulation tool.

Let's not let fanboyism ruin an awesome project, even if it is nothing but a novelty, it's still be pretty cool.

DanTheManMS
July 4th, 2007, 21:56
As long as the thread's been gravedug anyway, might as well make a comment.

See the GBA. It's only 33mhz, and the best emulator here only emulates some games at full speed.
Actually the GBA runs at 16 MHz. The ARM7 in the DS runs at 33 MHz but is underclocked to 16 MHz when in GBA mode.

PSP is almost 10 times the system DS is.
What exactly are you basing that on? An overclocked PSP does indeed have a clock speed 10 times that of the weaker ARM7, but the DS also has a more powerful ARM9 that runs at 66 Mhz. You can't really add the two together to get 99 MHz, so a comparison is difficult to make. I agree that the PSP is more powerful, but I wouldn't say the difference has a magnitude of 10.

It was said that PSX on PSP was impossible until sony ****ed themselves and did it.
True, but that's Sony themselves that made it. They have the resources and manpower to create a workable emulator that's optimized for the hardware. Outside coders don't have the documentation that Sony programmers have available. If Nintendo made an SNES emulator for, say, the GBA, I'm sure it would turn out better than SNES Advance and Snezziboy ended up as, with games running at less than fullspeed and with sound missing.

If someone worked hard enough, I'm sure it would be possible. Not every game uses the touch screen, anyway.
While that is true, I don't think fullspeed could be achieved. Personally I can just barely attain fullspeed on DS games using the fastest emulators on my 2 GHz processor.

Really, the DS and the N64 could be considered to have about the same power, though the DS may be a bit more powerful. N64 emulation has proven to be possible but not entirely at fullspeed, so I would expect the same thing if a DS emulator for the PSP was made.

parkermauney
July 4th, 2007, 22:13
Even if someone got this runninig, what the hell are you gonna emulate? The only ds emu even good at running a few commercial roms is nocash, and it's not open source.

Plus, that's on a 2 ghz+ graphics accelerated pc. I doubt the psp could even get it to run.

JKKDARK
July 4th, 2007, 23:03
The only ds emu even good at running a few commercial roms is nocash, and it's not open source.
Probably because you are living under a rock and you didn't try Ideas and Desmume.

parkermauney
July 5th, 2007, 01:14
lol, That's just from my understanding. I've only tried to run one rom before, and it was the only game I own.

I would never pirate of course! :D

Desmume never actually worked for me though. It is open source.

JKKDARK
July 5th, 2007, 02:17
I've only tried to run one rom before
Ok, you should say it before ;)

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 06:44
Holy tapdancing jesus! All the poor guy who started this thread was an absolutely crappy emulator that ran at like 1fps simply to prove that it can be done. He didnt want a playable emulator and I'm sure he wasnt thinking that a playable emulator would even be possible considering the hardware differences between a ds and a psp. All he was asking was for a crappy proof-of-concept emulator just to prove it could be done. I think that would be pretty cool and would be all over it if i knew anything about coding.

the_eternal_dark
July 7th, 2007, 09:07
Why did everyone have to resurrect a near dead thread from almost a year ago? There will never be a DS emu on PSP.

Oh and noobs, just go buy a DS (which actually isn't just for kids you d*ck heads, I'm sure you all still play Pokemon and Mario, so quit the bullsh*t), it doesn't cost that much, plus you can take it with you and play games in a more comfortable fashion because it is truly portable, unlike most laptops with a 45 minute charge hold (lame).