PDA

View Full Version : Gameboot Flasher for 2.6!

wraggster
July 12th, 2006, 00:00
Slasher posted this news/release:

Well, not to leave out the people with a TA-082 mother board, I've made this. A simple gameboot.pmf flasher for 2.6ers(there's confirms of this working on 2.5 as well)! based off the work of hitchikr, neural, DarK_AleX, Yoshihiro, and Mathieulh.

Just simply put the gameboot.pmf in the root of your memorystick, run the program, and it'll flash it directly to your flash0:/vsh/resources/ folder.

Some people may have noticed an opening_plugin.rco flasher and a topmenu_plugin.rco flasher; well those were based off my program here, I just didn't have a chance to release the original yet

NOTES:
* There's always a risk of bricking your psp while flashing something. Although this has been tested and confirmed working; you are using this at your own risk. I am not the one to be held responsible if infact you do brick your psp while using this software.
* I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I believe the MAX gameboot.pmf size is 1mb. Please avoid flashing gameboots that are any larger. If you flash anything larger than 1 mb, you may end up with a brick.
* Thanks to TMK for the idea, and for helping me test it

Remember that only use if you are 100% confident we take no responsibility for damage to your PSP, download for the curious via comments
via slasher (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=58670)

Voltron
July 12th, 2006, 00:09
I just recently learned how easy it was to put the Prince of Persia (Blood & Claws) gameboot on 2.50 & 2.60 firmware with DevHook. Its really sweet.

Instead of that boring white Sony boot screen, you see slashing claws and then a huge splatter of blood upon the Sony Logo. Its killer! Pardon the pun

Anyway, for those who do not want to flash their PSP and love using DevHook, just overwrite the gameboot.pmf file with the Prince of Persia gameboot.

You can locate and overwrite file here:
dh\250\flash0\vsh\resource\gameboot.pmf

dh\260\flash0\vsh\resource\gameboot.pmf

You can also flash 1.50 firmware PSP's with custom gameboots as well. I just prefer the safer way of adding the gameboot to EMULATED firmware.

This is one of the coolest and easiest hacks for the PSP. I can't believe I only recently found out how to do it.

mavsman4457
July 12th, 2006, 01:02
I don't really understand what gameboot flasher does. Does it just change the opening screen that says PSP or whatever?

whitey75
July 12th, 2006, 01:09
Seems like it mav, interesting idea, I might give the Prince of persia thing a go. This has all kinds of possibilities

Voltron
July 12th, 2006, 01:36
I don't really understand what gameboot flasher does. Does it just change the opening screen that says PSP or whatever?

When you use DevHook for example you need the firmware you want to emulate in files format, not an eBoot. When a firmware is installed on your PSP, the files are flashed to the PSP. But with DevHook, the files are on your memory stick and not flashed to the PSP so it is much easier to change the gameboot.

This just simply replaces the gameboot.pmf. A .pmf file is only a video file. There really is no harm. Just make sure whatever .pmf file you want to use is under 1MB in size. FOr instance, the POP gameboot is around 550kb

And yes, it just changes that boring & repetitive opening screen that you get when you start a game. There are other gameboots you can use from DAXTER, EA Sports, etc. etc. You just have to find them or extract them yourself from your UMD games.

Sterist
July 12th, 2006, 02:00
its impossible to brick via gameboot. its just an intro movie it plays while loading a game. the worst that happens, is an error sound, error notification, followed by no video played until u get around to fixing it

mavsman4457
July 12th, 2006, 03:14
Thank you Voltron, much appreciated.

SINIStER
July 12th, 2006, 03:55
The new psp-hacks devhook .43 custom pkg by chaoszero has a great Bleach boot up!Best one ive seen so far!

Poiful
July 12th, 2006, 09:04
This works on 2.6 TA-082 right and if so can i get a little help on how to do it?

urherenow
July 13th, 2006, 02:45
Prince of Persia Revelations? I can't find a gameboot.pmf file. Where is is located? all I can find is an icon1.pmf in like 2 places...

Zargon
July 13th, 2006, 06:50
Prince of Persia Revelations? I can't find a gameboot.pmf file. Where is is located? all I can find is an icon1.pmf in like 2 places...
look in the folder 2.6 Gameboot Flash/Source/resources/PoP. Copy "gameboot.pmf" into the root of the psp memory card and the folder "PSP" from 2.6 Gameboot Flash/Binary into the root as well.
Glad to say it worked perfectly on my 2.6 TA-082 PSP. Sadly, it is only a program for cosmetic purposes, but it still is better to have the PoP starter than the PSP starter vid. Pretty cool little thing you made here

megamanjono
July 14th, 2006, 02:53
this seems like a sweet program but i havge no clue were to start so i am not going to do anything yet can somone plz tell me step by step

meatwad9093
September 11th, 2006, 20:55
omg i love you guys thanks sooo much

sony1987
December 13th, 2006, 03:19
Hi everyone, I'm new here so please go easy on me.

I had devhook .4 (for 2.71) and liked the bleach gameboot, but when I upgrated to the hybrid devhook(up to 2.80) my bleach game boot was gone.

Is there a way to put my bleach gameboot back on, if there is please explain:

what to use
how to use it
and where to get the bleach gameboot file.

-Thanks in advance :thumbup:

sony1987
December 13th, 2006, 22:21
Hi everyone, I'm new here so please go easy on me.

I had devhook .4 (for 2.71) and liked the bleach gameboot, but when I upgrated to the hybrid devhook(up to 2.80) my bleach game boot was gone.

Is there a way to put my bleach gameboot back on, if there is please explain:

what to use
how to use it
and where to get the bleach gameboot file.

-Thanks in advance