PDA

View Full Version : Mario War already ported? Support for another.

Cap'n 1time
June 14th, 2004, 06:39
If you have been reading the threads in the homebrew section you should see that I have been listing a bunch of open source games in hopes of sparking some kind of intrest in some of you coders. My first big break was with Battle for Westa- whatever. In the homebrew section there were alot of posters with intrest in Super Mario War. I decided to visit their forum ( http://jnrdev.weed-crew.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=554#554 ) and I recieved word from and admin that a DC port already exists of an older version. If so i have never heard of it.

Anyways the other part of this story is the developer (or at least I asume its the developer ) is not willing to do a port for the DC, but supports the idea.

just to clarify: I won't do a dc port. but if someone else want's to do one i'll add it to the codebase.""

So look into it. I would love to add this to my growing library of homebrews and ports for my Dreamcast.

Christuserloeser
June 14th, 2004, 16:35
Mario War already ported? That's new to me as well ???

Interesting...

Who has done it?

Chris

curt_grymala
June 14th, 2004, 19:15
It's news to me, too. Unless this has something to do with Super Tux Duel or something like that. It would be cool to see a DC port of this game.

wraggster
June 14th, 2004, 19:30
ive never heard of it either we need Dr Zoidberg in here as he knows more than me

Darksaviour69
June 14th, 2004, 23:41
Will was working on it, he was taking about online muiltplayer, but then stopped can't remember why. i think he has a unfinish port of it at storm-studios.net, but the sites down at the mo.

wraggster
June 14th, 2004, 23:47
oh we will have to chat to him and see if he will release it :)

Cap'n 1time
June 17th, 2004, 14:45
Who is this will fellow? Sounds like a good guy for a battle for westenoth port... hmmmm. :P

souLLy
June 18th, 2004, 12:11
will sams, wh16, whurricane16, storminator.... the guy in charge of storm studios

WHurricane16
June 22nd, 2004, 08:45
I thought I posted in this thread the other day? *I could have sworn I did :/ * Anyhoot, the code can be found on my forums. I stopped working on it because I was running out of time to get anything done. I'm not sure I want to pick up anything at the moment besides MCT and my other planned project.

curt_grymala
June 22nd, 2004, 09:45
I thought I posted in this thread the other day? I could have sworn I did :/

You did, but none of us could actually see it, because these forums are currently sort of hosted on two different servers. A few posts, for some reason, end up on the new server, but most of us are still viewing the old server. The staff is diligently working on keeping everything updated so that everyone can see everything, and nothing gets lost. You posted on the day that we realized everything was going kind of screwy.

Anyhoot, the code can be found on my forums. I stopped working on it because I was running out of time to get anything done. I'm not sure I want to pick up anything at the moment besides MCT and my other planned project.

Sounds cool. It would be nice if someone picked it up.