PDA

View Full Version : Sony Planning a PSPgo Relaunch?

wraggster
February 2nd, 2010, 17:55
It's safe to say that the PSPgo hasn't had the reception that was expected of it. Sales haven't been crazy, and most seem to have completely ignored the system's launch entirely. With this kind of negativity surrounding the PSPgo, it's no wonder that Sony wants to do something about it. According to someone close to Sony, they are. Sources have confirmed with Gamervision that a PSPgo "relaunch" is imminent, complete with a marketing blitz in hopes to rekindle some sort of excitement over the handheld. What else will the relaunch entail? There are a number of possibilities, and there's little doubt a price drop might be among them.

Even when compared to the other issues the PSPgo has, the high price seems to be paramount for keeping it out of gamers' hands. It's more expensive than the other models by almost $100, and doesn't even have all of the content the regular system has. Even if they don't drop the price, a massive media blitz would be a great idea, and odds are whatever is done will have a healthy dose of Kevin Butler as well. Those ads seem to have struck a cord with fans and haters alike, especially when compared to the companies earlier attempts at advertising.

We're not certain when this is supposed to start, but with GDC right around the corner I'd expect to hear a little more in the near future. We'll keep you posted.

http://gamervision.com/users/coop/articles/sony_planning_a_pspgo_relaunch_

symbal
February 2nd, 2010, 18:13
Hah Ha Ha Hah Ha...

Justise
February 2nd, 2010, 22:50
PSP-go need's:

1. A way to mound and run existing UMDs on it's HDD.
2. A lower price.

joshx1000
February 3rd, 2010, 00:16
PSP-go need's:

1. A way to mound and run existing UMDs on it's HDD.
2. A lower price.

Excatly with these two features then I would buy it then I can use the ds3 also in case my analog stick messes up