PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial to config DEV-C++ to compile stuff to Dreamcast.

DCEmu_Newsposter
April 17th, 2004, 00:30
Mekanaizer has sent in a new tutorial called "Tutorial to config DEV-C++ to compile stuff to Dreamcast."[br][br]Check it out for yourself in our Tutorials Section (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/tutorials.shtml)

Skyhawk
April 17th, 2004, 03:42
This is great news! This is the best way to start developping for the DC because you don't need Linux or even use Linux commands. It is all for windows. I already got an pre compiled pacakage from the Spanish DC site and I want to have the new SMS Plus compiled.

No luck so far, but I hope I can manage it with this tutorial.

JMD
April 17th, 2004, 09:56
Hi,

Mekanaizer : I made few weeks ago a little tuto in french about this config (http://jm1200.ifrance.com/jm1200/devcpp/InstallDevCpp.html) :
It's almoth the same with screenshots(yours is up to date). You can rip the screenshots to add to your tuto : there are in french but it should be usefull for readers ;)

monkeybug
April 21st, 2004, 18:30
This looks good. I've been searching for a modern tutorial on how to compile the various open source programs for the Dreamcast.

I guess I can't do this with CD-RW? Or would I always need a coders cable? Where can I find a coders cable in North America (Canada specifically) ?

Darksaviour69
April 21st, 2004, 19:06
ebay is your bet, but they go for, what, $130-$160. u have to mod your dc to run CD-RW, not a good idea as it shortens the dcs life.

multi session cds are the best non bba way to go

wraggster
April 21st, 2004, 19:16
coders cables can be brought for as little as 25 dollars but BBAs are expensive to find :)

monkeybug
April 22nd, 2004, 17:12
I found this tutorial on making your own cable ...

http://dev.dcemulation.com/tutorials/createcoderscable.htm

I guess this is all I would need to get started?

J_Villa1983
June 2nd, 2004, 00:24
I followed the tutorial exsactly. but i'm still getting errors when i try to compile through dev-cpp... whats happening is its erroring out on the all the #include statements saying that ctype cannot be found. and kos cannot be found either. if you would like to see a sheet on my errors i can post after a reply.

The_Fallen_One
June 2nd, 2004, 01:37
Yes, I'm having troubles too. I followed the directions exactly, but if I try to compile an example project (Like I was told to) I get errors. This is the build log from "testdc.dev":

Compiler: Dreamcast
Building Makefile: "D:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\DreamCast\testDc\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "D:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\DreamCast\testDc\Makefile.win" all
D:\Dev-Cpp\sh-elf\bin\sh-elf-gcc.exe -c main.c -o main.o -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude" -Wall -g -ml -m4-single-only -O2 -fno-builtin -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -D_arch_dreamcast

In file included from D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos.h:18,
from main.c:1:
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isalnum':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:158: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:158: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:158: for each function it appears in.)

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isalpha':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:159: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `iscntrl':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:160: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isdigit':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:161: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isgraph':

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:162: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `islower':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:163: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isprint':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:164: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `ispunct':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:165: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isspace':

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:166: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isupper':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:167: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h: In function `isxdigit':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/ctype.h:168: `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll' undeclared (first use in this function)

In file included from D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos/fs.h:16,
from D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos.h:27,

D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/arch/types.h: At top level:
D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/arch/types.h:50: conflicting types for `off_t'
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/sys/types.h:56: previous declaration of `off_t'

In file included from D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos/fs.h:18,
from D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos.h:27,

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/time.h:207: syntax error before "char"

In file included from D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos.h:27,
D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos/fs.h:140:1: warning: "SEEK_SET" redefined
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/stdio.h:120:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos/fs.h:141:1: warning: "SEEK_CUR" redefined
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/stdio.h:124:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
D:/Dev-Cpp/dcinclude/kos/fs.h:142:1: warning: "SEEK_END" redefined
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/stdio.h:128:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
main.c: In function `main':
main.c:7: warning: implicit declaration of function `dbglog_set_level'

main.c:7: `DBG_DEAD' undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:21: warning: implicit declaration of function `usleep'

make.exe: *** [main.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

So I think there must be something missing from the tutorial. ;) Either that, or a new build of Dev C++ has some troubles with it.

GPF
June 2nd, 2004, 01:55
One thing to check is that under the project settings verify the include and lib directories, in the above log I see reference to a D:\dev-cpp\include folder. Remove this for dreamcast builds.

Troy

The_Fallen_One
June 2nd, 2004, 02:01
Hmm... Should have noticed that one. Thanks. :) As a note, that's not mentioned in any way, shape or form in the tutorial. It should probably be added for exactly this purpose. ;)

J_Villa1983
June 2nd, 2004, 02:44
ok with that tip i had gotten it down to 3 errors

line 1 :C:\dev-cpp\exsamples\dreamcast\testdc\main.c
line 17:C:\dev-cpp\dcinclude\kos.h:18

C:\dev-cpp\exsamples\dreamcast\testdc\makefile.win

these are the only errors i get

GPF
June 2nd, 2004, 18:02
Only thing I can recommend is to post up your- dev-cpp.ini , and your makefile.win file and your directory structure, so someone can troubleshoot your problem.

Troy

topgun83
August 3rd, 2006, 17:43
Hey guys!!!

i followed the french tutorial given in the post. i have gotten everything working. I am trying to download the template file mentioned but without any luck. I am guessing that this would help while making a new project. Does anyone have this file? or know anyplace i can download it from?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
August 4th, 2006, 19:22
so just checking again, do i need to configure any settings special or add anything to DevCpp o simply use C and C alone for the compiler?