PDA

View Full Version : Beup v0.2b

wraggster
July 12th, 2006, 19:31
HtheB has improved some more the look of the MSN Messenger clone for the DS.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

lockwood
July 12th, 2006, 19:39
How do I set this up?

Junixx
July 12th, 2006, 20:20
ahh i see a difference in this one lol

Set up - just make sure you have your WiFi settings saved to your ds (using Mario Kart, Tetris, ect) then put it on your flash card, btw i am using GBAMPv2

jojotjuh
July 12th, 2006, 20:35
I love this prog so much, i was at friends home, no pc there. i and friend were bored and we did MSN using our router internet connection (we are neighbours)

and we talk to our other friends
it works perfectl now!
betterthen version 0.1
and the looks are better than o.2

HtheB
July 12th, 2006, 21:18
I will try to make the keyboard bigger guys! :)

^_^

Junixx
July 12th, 2006, 22:08
alright that will help alot :)

greyfox123
July 12th, 2006, 22:41
can this connect directly to a nintendo wifi adapter or would you have to change it to nifi?

-vs-
July 12th, 2006, 23:18
n1 work! maybe you can add a button to delete painted messages? because the eraser is not rly big..
and maybe changeable colours for painting, too :D
everything else is perfect, smilies are not soo important imo =)
[sry for bad english xD]

Bobetta
July 13th, 2006, 02:02
Hi. I'm new here. It looks awesome for homebrew but, it tells me failure to connect everytime. Same with that other MSN-DS app. And Mario Kart works by the way. I'm using a supercard SD and I've tried your version and the version patched with scconv... both boot but won't connect. My router is a belkinG54 and my DS is an original (blue) with flashme7.

Junixx
July 13th, 2006, 06:23
well, im gonna sound dumb saying this, but amnke sure you have @hotmail.com or @msn.com after your name cause when i first used it i forgot lol:rolleyes:

SLy CaT
July 13th, 2006, 08:10
hm... i always get a "SSL connect failed" after "got it. authenticating"

looks promising though :) i think my bro would buy a ds just for this if it was fully functional.

battleroyalex
July 13th, 2006, 14:30
You know what would be awesome? If you pushed a button on the ds and it turned the touch screen windowed into a drawing pad and when you draw something and push another button it send it to them if they accept it.

tisti
July 13th, 2006, 15:33
well, im gonna sound dumb saying this, but amnke sure you have @hotmail.com or @msn.com after your name cause when i first used it i forgot lol:rolleyes:

its not like those are the only two ;)

Junixx
July 13th, 2006, 16:55
its not like those are the only two ;)

oh hah, i thought i had put "or other" in there oh well lol

wheremyarm
July 13th, 2006, 19:42
I also get a "Can't connect" error messege after it tries to acquire host info from the DCHP. Using an Actiontec wireless router and an EZF advance III cart. (.gba version) Any ideas? Mario Kart connects just fine.

HtheB
July 13th, 2006, 20:56
hi guys...

If you cant get trough the DHCP..
try to change your IP to manually.. (with any commercial Wifi game)

after that.. it has to work..

(you can use any email addres.. but @msn.com gives for many users an error :( )

JAKETHESNAKE28
July 14th, 2006, 00:15
Sweet

Bobetta
July 14th, 2006, 06:27
Yeah I ddi make sure of that... :( Man I was really looking forward to this. I got wifichat to work, mario kart works, animal crossing works, hobbitowifisetup works but dsmail and beup don't :(:(:(:(

Bobetta
July 14th, 2006, 06:37
change IP address to manually? You mean the select NO for Auto-obtain IP address... Well I can't exactly do that, I have dynamic IP.

Besides, it says on my network specs "assigned by DHCP" so it should work.

SLy CaT
July 14th, 2006, 07:51
change IP address to manually? You mean the select NO for Auto-obtain IP address... Well I can't exactly do that, I have dynamic IP.

Besides, it says on my network specs "assigned by DHCP" so it should work.

i would assume you mean you have dynamic ip for your internet. selecting an ip manually on the ds will only apply to your home network.

i too have a static ip for my ds... though, beup still doesnt work =\ still the ssl connecting failure.

Bobetta
July 14th, 2006, 22:34
Well how do you find out your Gateway and Primary and Secondary DNS on crappy Windows XP?

SLy CaT
July 15th, 2006, 00:43
what i do is...:

run: cmd
ipconfig

should list subnet mask and default gateway. primary dns should be the same as gateway, and just skip secondary dns.

and pick an ip similar to the one listed in command prompt. my ip on the computer was 192.168.1.101 so i just made mine 192.168.1.111

wstguy
July 18th, 2006, 03:58
How come when I start up, I cant press anything it just says:

USing firmware settings

Connecting...

I am using Supercard SD, Super Key, and NDS Lite

faction
July 18th, 2006, 23:14
Okay this version connect, .2 was saying SSL connection failed.

This is AWESOME. The only complaint I have is the drawing mode doesn't seem very accurate or sensitive. In pictochat I'll get round curves and all my presses are inputted. Whereas here, the lines come out blocky, and half the time my strokes are not picked up by the program.

Now as to suggestions...

Having a key assigned to send, like A, or the Right shoulder key.

Like someone else said, a button to erase what you've drawn/written.

Bugosaurus
July 19th, 2006, 10:02
THIS IS AWEsome.....!!!!!!

It would be the best if the keyboard used the whole of the bottom screen :) (except for 1 line of what ur wrighting and when u pressed the draw button it changed it into a blank screen...

HtheB
July 21st, 2006, 21:06
(except for 1 line of what ur wrighting what if you write long messages?

Zexmaix
July 27th, 2006, 00:27
Mine still won't connect. When the start-up screen runs I can see it has an IP and everything, and it gets to the point where it says, "Connected to the MSN dispatch server. Doing handshakes..." then stalls. After a minute or two, it drops me saying "Lost contact to server, disconnecting." Anyone else have similar problems? Using an M3 miniSD.

bobdowl
July 27th, 2006, 01:31
Mine still won't connect. When the start-up screen runs I can see it has an IP and everything, and it gets to the point where it says, "Connected to the MSN dispatch server. Doing handshakes..." then stalls. After a minute or two, it drops me saying "Lost contact to server, disconnecting." Anyone else have similar problems? Using an M3 miniSD.
same problem
same M3 miniSD

hmm

faction
July 27th, 2006, 02:39
same problem
same M3 miniSD

hmm

Ditto. M3 miniSD + Lite.

0.3 R1 worked. R2 doesn't.

bobdowl
July 28th, 2006, 00:54
Ditto. M3 miniSD + Lite.

0.3 R1 worked. R2 doesn't.
Damn I really want it to work!
would be real cool using MSN on my bed

jeps1lon
July 28th, 2006, 06:55
i can't get this to load with ezflash iv minisd and mk4 passkey...

can someone help?

i tried dragging and dropping the nds file, didn't work. tried the nds.gba file, didn't work

i tried upping with the ezflash client, nothing, gets stuck a white screen

iball
July 28th, 2006, 13:46
i can't get this to load with ezflash iv minisd and mk4 passkey...

can someone help?

i tried dragging and dropping the nds file, didn't work. tried the nds.gba file, didn't work

i tried upping with the ezflash client, nothing, gets stuck a white screen
Copy the .DS.GBA file over and rename it to end in .NDS.
That's worked for me on a few other DS homebrew applications.

MclarenF1CMS
July 29th, 2006, 04:43
I recently purchased the MAX media player and 4 gig HDD pack to do more things on my DS. I launched this app and it looked like it was working fine, but when I tried to type in the account info, I couldn't type anthing on the screen. I don't know how to fix it.

Shrinex
July 29th, 2006, 08:32
I recently purchased the MAX media player and 4 gig HDD pack to do more things on my DS. I launched this app and it looked like it was working fine, but when I tried to type in the account info, I couldn't type anthing on the screen. I don't know how to fix it.
i have the same problem now, and, yess, i too have MMP4GB
after i first used a downloaded rom of Metroid Prime Hunters to configure my wifi, it worked perfectly, conntected and everything, but now, when i try to use it again, the keyboard doesn;t work...

any suggestions besides swithing the MMP with something else?

acban
March 22nd, 2007, 17:48
Can I use the file in R4 card?

dreadsofcrass
April 19th, 2008, 01:33
How come when I start up, I cant press anything it just says:

USing firmware settings

Connecting...

I am using Supercard SD, Super Key, and NDS Lite

I am having the same problem when I set up my connection manually.

When I use the auto obtain function, I get to the DHCP part and then it says "cannot connect".

Any help?

I'm using beup 0.3e.