PDA

View Full Version : Study Says 75% Of Women Don't Know How To Use Gadgets

wraggster
July 13th, 2006, 00:02
The UK electronics retailer Comet performed a study on 1000 customers to justify their new "Gadget Angels" team—think Geek Squad in the Best Buys here. Their study concluded that 75% of women don't really know what they're doing when it comes to mobile gadgets.

The study says these women only know how to handle the basic functions of a phone, like making calls and using an address book. They also are confused by cameras and MP3 players, and 7/10 of them ask their partners or children to show them how to do stuff like download music to their devices.

The rest of the study focuses on the goals of their new Angels team, and said men cared about what the specs and features are, whereas women just wanted to know why a device is useful and what it could do for them. Men spend hours going over instructions and women just bust in and use stuff (and then get discouraged when things don't work).

Unless broads here in the US are of a different species than the UK, the study probably applies here as well. Maybe by offering more female-centric support in stores, women could become as gadget-obscessed as men.

NoQuarter
August 4th, 2006, 23:05
What's going on girls? Get with the times.

BL4Z3D247
August 4th, 2006, 23:08
its true my girlfriend doesn't even know how to use a cell phone, and shes 20 lol

NoQuarter
August 4th, 2006, 23:28
I can't really say much I've only been using computers for a year lol,but what a year of change that has been!All of the sudden I got like a room full of them:P

VampDude
September 24th, 2006, 04:44
I hafta do stuff for both my girlfriend and her sister, they're both a pair of "dumbasses" when it comes to anything technical or even non-technical! lmao

Nafogel
September 24th, 2006, 05:55
its not just chicks. I know a LOT of guys who are completely non-technical. Guys in general just tend to know more about electronics than women. but you do have to admit that most electronics are male oriented, so it's kinda not women's fault

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 05:55
I guess there all blonde

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 05:56
I guess there all blonde
Must be! :P
Congrats on 3000 Acidburn. ;)