PDA

View Full Version : NinjaPass DS Flash

wraggster
July 13th, 2006, 00:22
Heres a new Flash Cart for the DS Market and one that looks very interesting too, heres some info:

Ninjapass for the Nintendo DS and DS Lite is the perfect solution for accessing DS media from any GBA flash storage device. Simply snap in the Ninjapass dsflash cartridge, and that's it ! Media, freeware, executables and other files stored on your flash card can be launched. The Flash Cart revolutionised the GBA Homebrew scene, and with Ninjapass dsflash , it will do for the DS too.

Check it out Here --> http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=Brand_Ninja

Dave the Rave
July 13th, 2006, 02:02
Hey, now this looks like the real ticket! Note that there are two types of card; one that is simply a passme type solution and one (available in 128Mbit / 256Mbit / 512Mbit / 1Gbit memory capacities) that actually removes the need for a memory card to be connected in the GBA slot. I would order this but they only have the 512Mbit device at the moment, I'll wait for the 1Gbit model.

Junixx
July 13th, 2006, 06:07
:O! Finally! cant wait for it, but im going to wait for a 1g model IF i decide to get one....anyway i think it will be great :D

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 06:45
Ok now this looks interesting. Im going to fall for it hope it works. Buying as we speek.

ramjet
July 13th, 2006, 07:51
sweeeeeeeeeeeet - its cheap too.(though only 512mb)

what i wonder is, what sort of interface does it have, can it play movies/music etc

and i guess it couldnt launch GBA games

SLy CaT
July 13th, 2006, 08:28
1gbit? thats only 128megabytes =\ insufficient for my taste... and i think many othres.

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 09:35
but how many roms can you put in a 512mb

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 09:41
Ok i have tryed different tipes already for the DS. Mi question still is will i need a Flash card or will games be playable just using this. Heres the info i found.

■Ninjapass DS Flash (512Mbit) - USD$ 51.99

A New Brand maned Ninjapass will release at China , it is a first Direct Boot Up and real size flash storage device of the DS & DSL . Therefor it is a first real DS Flasher of the world .

Ninjapass for the Nintendo DS and DS Lite is the perfect solution for accessing DS media from any GBA flash storage device. Simply snap in the Ninjapass dsflash cartridge, and that's it ! Media, freeware, executables and other files stored on your flash card can be launched. The Flash Cart revolutionised the GBA Homebrew scene, and with Ninjapass dsflash , it will do for the DS too.

Ninjapass Media Launcher Invincible Boot Up Solution is compatible with most types of flash cards including all G6 Family , all SuperCard Family , all EZ Family , all M3 Family , ...

And Ninjapass dsflash Build - in 128Mbit / 256Mbit / 512Mbit / 1Gbit memory , let you to run the DS Homebrew rom direct from DS slot and don't need any GBA flash storage device . Ninjapass Build - in 2MB memory , therefore Ninjapass DsFlash Compatible with most the game save (4k , 64k . 2M).

Ninjapass Built in Multi-game menu and passcard function , so you can make your Multi game or passcard to boot up your other GBA flash storage device from the GBA slot or direct play your ds rom from the DS slot .

What's includes: • Ninjapass DS Flash - 512Mbit storage device (x1)
• Ninjapass USB2.0 Writer (x1)

■Ninjapass Media Launcher - USD$ 19.34

Ninjapass Media Launcher for the Nintendo DS and DS Lite is the perfect solution for accessing DS media from any GBA flash storage device. Simply snap in the Ninjapass Ninjapass Media Launcher cartridge, and that's it ! Media, freeware, executables and other files stored on your flash card can be launched. The Flash Cart revolutionised the GBA Homebrew scene, and with Ninjapass Media Launcher , it will do for the DS too.

Ninjapass Media Launcher Invincible Boot Up Solution is compatible with most types of flash cards including all G6 Family , all SuperCard Family , all EZ Family , all M3 Family , ...

What's includes: • Ninjapass Media Launcher (x1)

ramjet
July 13th, 2006, 12:27
yeah, considering i gigabit is only 128mb it begins to look like that 512 might be their biggest option, which would kinda make sence coz isnt that the largest that a normal DS game card can be.. hopefully its just a typo though and they have 1gigabyte+ options

backhair
July 13th, 2006, 16:42
sure, there's not much memory, but it's more convenient, doesn't take a speed hit from the cf/sd adapter, and doesn't drain the battery like a gba cart (which you can still use if need be).

Payk
July 13th, 2006, 17:50
i think resident evil (with 128mb) will be not the biggest game...so maybe in a half year first games will apear , which doesnt fit on it anymore...hmhmh
thats why i laways prefer sdadapters or things like that...but for homebrew its great enough....

jojotjuh
July 13th, 2006, 21:07
and i think it wont suport filesystems like mpcf etc...

pubjoe
July 14th, 2006, 00:22
I have a couple of questions about this that I can't find the answers to. Would anyone be able to answer please?

The description makes it sound like the 512Mb version gives an advantage when using with an additional flash cart (ie: g6 lite).

What is the diference between using the ninjapass 512Mb instead of say, the passcard-3?

Would the ninjapass flash the rom from the g6lite to it's own 512Mb internal memory on-the-fly, before booting? ...Hence allowing complete compatability with DS slot functions like sleep mode and 2-player gaming... and also not draining the battery by using the GBA slot.

Could I store a bunch of stuff on a g6lite that the ninjapass would have access to?

I ask because I have pre-ordered a g6lite and passcard-3 from winsunx and I want to know if I should change my order before the g6lite stock arrives. Changing my order from passcard-3 to the ninjapass will only add a few quid to my order.

Would I lose out by not having the passcard-3?

------------------

[EDIT] - sorry if this offends anyone but I have this question posted elsewhere... I thought I better clarify my reasons for the question...

------------------

512Mbit isn't that much to store software on.

If this would transfer one game at a time from a flashcart to it's memory on the fly, then it would be ideal. Especially as it would give all the benefits of using the DS slot but not restrict you to only one game.

In the description of the ninjapass 512mbit flash, they talk about using this WITH a flashcart - NOT as a flashcart replacement.

I'd also like to play GBA games. :)

rememberthe8bit
July 14th, 2006, 03:15
You would put the ROM(s) directly on the card, you dont need any NoPass, FlashMe, PassMe, or WiFiMe to run it. There are 2 types of cards that it appears they are selling. One is a NoPass and the other is the 512 MBit (64 MByte) card. I think that Nintendo stated once that their games would never exceed 1 GBit.

So, the card itself acts just like the real thing, no extra equipment needed.

edit:
And you would be able to acess the gba slot, you would just need to have the software on the DS card that could read it.

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 06:52
Ok i have looked over and over and the ds card and it says its 512mb not mbits am i missing something.

BrooksyX
July 14th, 2006, 07:24
so wait if i get the 512mbit version i dont need a gba flash cart and i have a half a gig of space to hold nds roms, gba roms, and homebrew.

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 07:53
so wait if i get the 512mbit version i dont need a gba flash cart and i have a half a gig of space to hold nds roms, gba roms, and homebrew.
I talked to someone in winzunx and they said the ninjapass is only for the nds roms you need extra for the GBA and emus. But for 54usd you cant beet the fact that the card will start the games just like eany regular nds game. No need for a passme or any of that other stuff. Man cant wait till mine arrives.:rolleyes:

BrooksyX
July 14th, 2006, 18:24
I talked to someone in winzunx and they said the ninjapass is only for the nds roms you need extra for the GBA and emus. But for 54usd you cant beet the fact that the card will start the games just like eany regular nds game. No need for a passme or any of that other stuff. Man cant wait till mine arrives.:rolleyes:

But does this mean that i can have up to 512 mbytes of ds roms storage or that i can store one rom up to 512 mbitsin size on the card?

If the first one is true then i think i might get a used ds because that is a great deal, $50 for half a gig of rom space. I never should have traded in my ds but i ended up making money on it because i got 25% added on to my trade because i preorderd the psp.

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 18:27
But does this mean that i can have up to 512 mbytes of ds roms storage or that i can store one rom up to the card that can be up to 512 mbits?

If the first one is true then i think i might get a used ds because that is a great deal, $50 for half a gig of rom space.
No you can store as much as you can fit in the 512. Thats the reason why i bought it cant wait for it to arrive. Acording to them it has its own Files where you just drop copy the games to using the usb connector it comes with then you put it just like you would eany other DS game and choose witch one to play.

BrooksyX
July 14th, 2006, 18:31
thats sounds pretty sweet.

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 18:43
alsow ther is no worries about having to use arm 9 like the other cards in this card. You can just choose the game and your ready to play. and it saves the save data just the same way the regular ds games will from 4kbits to 64 kbits.

Eyedunno
July 29th, 2006, 11:22
Geez, this thread just died, huh? I assume Acidburn realized it really is only 512mbits and didn't want to embarrass himself. Though for me, that might just be enough. Emulators, for one, would work just fine. The only thing 512mbits isn't enough for is Moonshell and a lot of actual DS roms.

hanky
August 8th, 2006, 06:57
I got mine This Morning. Still haven't tested it yet since Ive been soooo busy (just moved out alone to a new apt). Ill post my results when I try it (Ninjapass DS Flash (512Mbit)).