PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the Hedgehog 4 revealed

Shrygue
February 4th, 2010, 18:11
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233673)

Sega has officially lifted the lid on Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - formerly known as Project Needlemouse, which as promised takes the blue sprinter back to his roots in a 2D platformer.

Headed for PS3, 360 and Wii as a downloadable title, Sega's describes the game as the "first part in a much larger adventure".

The game takes the original 2D platform mechanics of classic Sonic and refreshes it all with shiny 3D. No mention of a release other than 2010.

Here's the first teaser trailer (via GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/projectneedlemouse/news.html?sid=6249445&tag=topslot;title;1&mode=previews)):

YFzi5p8_hQg

XDelusion
February 4th, 2010, 18:15
That would be great if the team behind Sonic CD still worked at Sega.

Anyhow, Sega never really stopped making 2D Sonic titles. There are a few on the GBA, DS, and maybe other systems, so this isn't really as cool as a 2D Mario come back...

...now if this were Alex Kidd or Monster World, I'd be psyched!

symbal
February 4th, 2010, 18:17
But can this Sega still produce the goods like old Sega did? the WII and Ps3 versions have motion controls so hopefully they not just throwing these features in and spoil what old Sonic is.

Darksaviour69
February 4th, 2010, 18:31
if its anyway decent, I'll get it on XBLA

Also the first reviews for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing are coming it the first being 83%. It made by sumo digital who are generally good, so i might get that too.

paul3100
February 4th, 2010, 18:47
Nice promo video, very nice in fact makes me want to download it lol

paul

VampDude
February 4th, 2010, 18:56
Hopefully there will be a demo on the PlayStation Store... Because something tells me that even if this looks good, it will be somewhat terrible considering the poor efforts of releases from SEGA over the past seven years.

fpcreator2000
February 4th, 2010, 20:23
I am totally psyched for this title, been waiting for it since Sonic & Knuckles aka Sonic 3 Part II, lol. Sega has been coming out with some decent titles as of late (I mean very very very recent).

The DS and GBA games, although pretty good, don't have the same sensation of speed as the Genesis games (how many people where going so fast that the screen had a . If they are using that game engine, and tweaking it to work with this title, I will literally and figuratively shit a blue turkey with quills while it is spindashing.

symbal
February 4th, 2010, 23:39
Me thinks no Psp and Pc version yet because they so easily downloaded for free, but very few have Ps3 and 360 hacked so you can use XBL and PSN content, and i've got no interest in paying for XBL subscription so am hoping for Psp version.

VampDude
February 5th, 2010, 00:43
Me thinks no Psp and Pc version yet because they so easily downloaded for free

i've got no interest in paying for XBL subscription so am hoping for Psp version.

Thief! :rofl:

symbal
February 5th, 2010, 01:15
No just not willing to pay £40 a year when i never play games online, and strangely enough all my 360 and Ps2 games are originals, but i'm not even going to attempt to defend my Psp thievery because i own 8 of the games i like most and hell knows how many i downloaded, but hey 90% of my Psp time is homebrew anyway.

Darksaviour69
February 5th, 2010, 02:08
i've got no interest in paying for XBL subscription so am hoping for Psp version.

You don't need a gold account to buy XBLA games

PoorKingz
February 5th, 2010, 04:51
The Sonic Advance games (well 1 and 2) helped fill the void for 2D Sonic games. However, what I want is to be able to play as Super Sonic like in Sonic 2 & 3 :).

Kaiser
February 5th, 2010, 08:51
Using that "4" in the title is a bold statement, SEGA better not **** this up.

Sonic has been getting raped by SEGA far too often in the last decade.

Sonny_Jim
February 5th, 2010, 14:58
Heh, I am the only one who noticed that it goes:

"1991 - 1992 - 1994 - 2010"

So, they didn't make any Sonic games for 16 years? Or was it Sega admitting that all the Sonic games made since '94 have been a pile of crap (DS and GBA games excluded).

Darksaviour69
February 5th, 2010, 15:07
Heh, I am the only one who noticed that it goes:

"1991 - 1992 - 1994 - 2010"

So, they didn't make any Sonic games for 16 years? Or was it Sega admitting that all the Sonic games made since '94 have been a pile of crap (DS and GBA games excluded).

Since this is Sonic the hedgehog 4 a direct sequel to 3/sonic&knuckles. But i think its also to assert that they are going back to the series roots.

Personally I think they should have kept tails in....

Shrygue
February 5th, 2010, 15:42
OMG, now that you mentioned him, I didn't see Tails in the 2010 section of the vid. I hope he does get added in, shame if not.

Btw, I miss your Trailer Park Boys avatar and your really old Dark Savior one.