PDA

View Full Version : [RUMOR] An exploit for firmware 6:20?

wraggster
February 4th, 2010, 22:25
News via http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=36823&view_reply=1

From the forum LAN.st comes an interesting news for the PSP hacking scene. And this time, there appears to be the usual fake. The coder pspjoke, with the help of noob81, worked on saving some PlayStation Store titles, with the hope of finding at least one crash that turned out to exploit. It seems that the work has paid off and that there is an exploit for firmware 6.20, compatible with all models of PSP is currently available. The news is tagged as a rumor, because they are not available or demonstration video files nor even to keep the game in question will be promptly removed from the PlayStation Store and patches. On the forum, though, came LAN.st confirmations on the possible use of this new crash.

dazman
February 4th, 2010, 23:15
Full of s###

symbal
February 4th, 2010, 23:28
The only usefull exploit would be with a demo because it can be freely shared without PSN.

PSPdemon
February 5th, 2010, 16:37
Confirmed.

It is an exploit and it does work.

All you can do now is sit back and wait while they figure a way to make A.) eloader/hen or B.) use it to further test/exploit other things

Shrygue
February 5th, 2010, 16:45
Oh goody, so it does work? Nice, let's see how progress goes!

ropspdev
February 5th, 2010, 17:10
Damns @#%@#!

osgeld the first post is the image of all faker who wants a place in PSP SCENE.

ropspdev
February 5th, 2010, 17:11
Confirmed.

It is an exploit and it does work.

All you can do now is sit back and wait while they figure a way to make A.) eloader/hen or B.) use it to further test/exploit other things

From where do you have this information?

n00b81
February 6th, 2010, 05:25
Yes, PSPdemon is lying, which is exactly why he has the label Senior Staff Artist under his nick.

Jeesh people :P

n00b81

frwololo
February 6th, 2010, 07:10
osgeld: why don't you check the names of people who confirmed that the exploit was real ?
It's good to not trust all fakes that appear on the internet, but it's also easy for everyone to check when an exploit is real.

ropspdev
February 6th, 2010, 11:58
osgeld: why don't you check the names of people who confirmed that the exploit was real ?
It's good to not trust all fakes that appear on the internet, but it's also easy for everyone to check when an exploit is real.

It's not about who is telling that stuffs... If there was Barack Obama, and says that pokemons are real, just throw eggs in you bath and the will show up, you will belive him?

I really REALLY want to belive you, we all do!
But if you says things like that, maybe come with some evidences... :)

Don`t get it wrong!
Cheers.

osgeld +

frwololo
February 6th, 2010, 14:31
It's difficult to give some evidence when the ones who could "prove" it swore to not reveal the name of the game.
I kinda hoped that the reputation of the people who confirmed the exploit would be enough proof for most people...

All I got for you is a screenshot I took when I tested it myself
http://wololo.net/wagic/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/pspjoke.jpg

"ra" is of course the interesting part here

I know it's not much as far as "proof" go, but that's probably the best I have besides my "reputation" :(

Note that I'm not involved with that exploit at all, it's pspjoke's finding, I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder, but I'm a bit pissed when people can't make a difference between real stuff and fake stuff.

Edit: and maybe you missed the original thread on lan.st, which provides probably enough clues that this is reals

n00b81
February 6th, 2010, 21:11
http://cinie.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/unicorn.jpg

The unicorn is awesome!

Oh yeah, he's a moderator too..... :D

ExcruciationX
February 6th, 2010, 21:15
The unicorn is awesome!

Oh hell yes.

Wally
February 6th, 2010, 22:47
Added unicorns to the tags.. you never know :)

Cloudhunter
February 7th, 2010, 01:36
I can't say I know what you said since the post has been edited. However it seems that you dispute even trusted peoples word on this.

Oh well, keep living in the dark ages.

If this wasn't real people like wololo wouldn't be confirming it :-)

edit: also, what other proof can be given without the name of the game being released hence rendering it useless?

deviouscontrol
February 7th, 2010, 05:39
It's difficult to give some evidence when the ones who could "prove" it swore to not reveal the name of the game.
I kinda hoped that the reputation of the people who confirmed the exploit would be enough proof for most people...

All I got for you is a screenshot I took when I tested it myself
http://wololo.net/wagic/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/pspjoke.jpg

"ra" is of course the interesting part here

I know it's not much as far as "proof" go, but that's probably the best I have besides my "reputation" :(

Note that I'm not involved with that exploit at all, it's pspjoke's finding, I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder, but I'm a bit pissed when people can't make a difference between real stuff and fake stuff.

Edit: and maybe you missed the original thread on lan.st, which provides probably enough clues that this is reals

Actually to me, having half the registers have DEADBEEF in them is the interesting part.

frwololo
February 10th, 2010, 03:34
Actually to me, having half the registers have DEADBEEF in them is the interesting part.
That's the value for an uninitialized register in psplink actually... so not very interesting

deviouscontrol
February 10th, 2010, 07:07
That's the value for an uninitialized register in psplink actually... so not very interesting

So is it knowing the return address or being able to insert a return address at will and have it run your own code that is being shown?

frwololo
February 10th, 2010, 09:49
being able to change the return address at will is what the screenshot shows

dante221
February 13th, 2010, 22:30
It's considered fake to me until I see downloadable files of the firmware