PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO Emulator for PSP 0.2.1

wraggster
July 13th, 2006, 20:07
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html)has released a new beta build of his Neogeo MVS Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/ngepsp_icon.png

Mainly a bugfix release that fixed the King of Fighters 2k3 game and Save/load state function was added.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr. Shizzy
July 13th, 2006, 21:59
sweet which version of the BIOS does this require?

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 22:40
It still uses the same bios as the last 3 releases. NJ you rule great job.:D

JKKDARK
July 13th, 2006, 23:07
amazing emu :D

Voltron
July 13th, 2006, 23:16
Awesome. Definitely one of my favorite EMU's. I'm excited to see how the state save/load works. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing. Great work once again NJ.

cdrdj
July 14th, 2006, 01:30
How is the speed for this? is it almost perfect like the neogeo cd emu?

Mr. Shizzy
July 14th, 2006, 08:19
It still uses the same bios as the last 3 releases. NJ you rule great job.:D

I've never used the neogeo emu before bro. All I wanna know is it the neogeo.zip bio or the universal bio ect...:confused:

SINIStER
July 14th, 2006, 08:29
I've never used the neogeo emu before bro. All I wanna know is it the neogeo.zip bio or the universal bio ect...:confused:
You can use either one or both just drag n drop the uni-bios into the neogeo.zip and in the emu you can click the L button to choose the desired bios.

Mr. Shizzy
July 14th, 2006, 09:05
Awesome, thanks. Would it improve rom compatibility
to "blend" the BIOS?

hockey2112
July 14th, 2006, 14:58
I have trouble loading the roms on my 2.0 PSP with this program. I have the neogeo.zip bios, but my PSP always freezes up on me after I select the bios and try to run the rom.

I have followed the directions for the rom chache thing and all too. Can anyone help? Is there a certain bios I should be selecting? I am trying to play Metal Slug 5 and Metal Slug x. Thanks!

D0N
July 14th, 2006, 16:43
Great work NJ! Even though it is just a minor update at least it shows how hard he is working.

Voltron
July 14th, 2006, 18:15
Yeah, I thought NJ had expressed a loss of interest in this EMU in favor of advancing Neo CDZ even further. This shows how dedicated he is to his project and all of us appreciative homebrew junkies.

I actually prefer this EMU because of the higher quantity/variety of games available. Also sizes are MUCH smaller compared to Neo CDZ version of the same game.

Neo CDZ is more advanced though and performs at an unbelievable level.

samthegreat68
July 14th, 2006, 20:57
How is the speed for this? is it almost perfect like the neogeo cd emu?
could someone please answer this question?

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 21:15
could someone please answer this question?
At the moment all the games that dont need the cache play equal or better then the cd version.

bumfacekilla
July 15th, 2006, 23:13
Hey, soea any body out there know why I get these messages avery time i try to start a rom?

ERROR: Could not allocate REGION_GFX3 memory.
Try to use sprite cache...
ERROR: File not found. "spr_usage (GFX3 usage)"

I try various bios regions and versions but its always the same, any ideas?

stupidtinendo
July 16th, 2006, 02:22
I am a super newbie when it comes to this. I cant figure out how to install this at all. and I cant find anywhere where I can read up on all this. can anyone direct me to somewhere where I can learn how to download and use this thing?

ank
July 16th, 2006, 14:30
Hey guys wasssup,I have the same problem with bumfacekilla about the crc error.Just wondering can u guys help us about that problem.And also what is the difference between the neo geo cd and the stardard neo geo.Is the graphics in the neo geo cd much better?I ask cause the file in the neo geo cd is much bigger than the regular one.

shishioh
July 22nd, 2006, 21:02
Dude,i have the same messegages on my psp when i try to start it. Bump.

pkmaximum
July 22nd, 2006, 21:18
This emulator is great the only problem is most of the games don't have sound.... But I'm still glad to see games like snk vs. capcom works great =O

shishioh
July 23rd, 2006, 09:23
Please Help With This Problem.

grit
July 23rd, 2006, 14:15
A little off-topic but just to let you know:
NJ has done it again: I'm playing CPS1 right now!!
alpha 1 is out there! And Rocks!!

ThanX NJ!

shishioh
July 24th, 2006, 07:01
we'll never get any help......

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 07:31
we'll never get any help......
What do you need help with

shishioh
July 24th, 2006, 08:08

This......

samthegreat68
July 24th, 2006, 08:27

This......
do you got the right bios??

i dont know i havent tried this, i was just looking into it im gonna try this emu out. i hope all the later metal slugs work on this.

dn3000
July 24th, 2006, 14:08
Can someone make a tutorial for this nothing works for me! :(

subcomander
July 24th, 2006, 22:20
im also having some trouble i found the bios file and uni bios and put them in the rom file on ngepsp. i also converted my roms. the game is Samurai Shodown. when i go to the menu try and sart the game and it says bios not found. oh im in 1.5. Can anyone PLZ help.

SteveV2
July 24th, 2006, 22:30
Ok, I only put this on my PSP earlier today for the 1st time and I too got an error. Can't remember what it was so I went back to the zip contents and used the rom converter and stuck that on the MS but it was in the menu but red so couldn't play it.

Then I went back again and put that file in the cache folder and the rom in the rom folder (so the was a convered one and the actual one) and it worked.

Also do you guys/gals have MAME on your pc? Go into the roms dir and look for the zip called neogeo. That was put in the rom folder on the MS too.

It was Metal Slug X BTW, and it runs but with no sound.

Nice emu too, good work NJ :)

nofx_135
July 24th, 2006, 22:49
im new to this emulator psp stuff
like how do i get a snes emulator and roms into my psp (vers. 2.6)

ukcuf16
July 24th, 2006, 22:55
this is one of my favourite emus :)

jaron97
July 25th, 2006, 00:07
this is one of my favourite emus :)

Can someone out there tell me how to instal this thing and get it running?
:cool:

jaron97
July 25th, 2006, 00:10
Yeah, I thought NJ had expressed a loss of interest in this EMU in favor of advancing Neo CDZ even further. This shows how dedicated he is to his project and all of us appreciative homebrew junkies.

I actually prefer this EMU because of the higher quantity/variety of games available. Also sizes are MUCH smaller compared to Neo CDZ version of the same game.

Neo CDZ is more advanced though and performs at an unbelievable level.
\

Could someonew tell me how to instal this thing or direct me to some instructions on how to get it working

PSPCRACKER
July 25th, 2006, 00:21
nice gona try it out now

subcomander
July 25th, 2006, 01:52
yay i finally got it. the problom for me was i had the wrong neo geo bios file. this emu ROCKS!!!

Largo_W
August 2nd, 2006, 15:13
Call me a full noob but I cant get this to work. A few (about 2 or 3) work, the rest has different errors, including crc errors. But the zips work fine with neogeorage x 0.8c, so im very worried. Ive got the european bios 2.0.

ACID
August 2nd, 2006, 15:15
the ones that dont work you need to use the cache file to convert and then place bouth roms and extension in there proper folders in the emu

Largo_W
August 2nd, 2006, 15:19
That doesnt work. I even get errors while trying to convert (namely Metal Slug 1).
I had "converted" MSlug 2, put the cache file into the cache folder and the rom and the bios in the roms folder. But the Emu crashes while loading.

Oh, btw, FW is 1.5, bought mine with 1.52.

Edit: crashes fits better than stop. the psp gets black, then it returns to bootscreen.

edit the second:
-NeoGeo Emu 0.2.2 is out, check page of Developer
-ErrorMessage with Mslug1: cannot load (c) rom (@converter), in emulator cannot load [~Region, same error as mentioned above my posts], Sound works( press [] )
-ErrorMessage with Mslug2: cannot load Sound (s1), soundcheck (pressing[], does not work)

i am suffering great pain. Please help :(

subcomander
August 4th, 2006, 12:58
try downloading it again but dont change the name. it works fine for me. it has sound and also good speed.

u can also try playing it with neogeo CD.
o.k. im willing to help anyone just P.M. me and
tell me what ur having troubls with. ill try to help.

V3N0M
August 6th, 2006, 19:40
It seems many questions were asked and no one answered them. I'll try to figure out how to get this to work and then explain it. Unless someone else can explain how to get it to work.

Broadus
August 11th, 2006, 05:56
So nobody knows what the GFX3 error is about?
I mean, lot's of people complained about it, taking away any point in ME complaining about it. This seems like one of those things somebody would know about how to fix.

ACID
August 11th, 2006, 05:59
So nobody knows what the GFX3 error is about?
I mean, lot's of people complained about it, taking away any point in ME complaining about it. This seems like one of those things somebody would know about how to fix.
The games that say this are the games you need to use the attached cache file to convert the game and if it still doesnt work then its the rom set. I got all the neogeo games to work for this emu so i know they work.:D

As for the GFX its what its used to run the sprites witch is what the cache file helps you do:D

Broadus
August 11th, 2006, 06:22
Oh, wow! Thanks a lot! I finally get it!
You leave the original, unmodified (romname).zip in the roms directory... And the (romname)_cache.zip in the cache directory. And it works perfectly!
And it runs great, too! Woo!
Thanks a bunch.

ACID
August 11th, 2006, 07:27
No problem

Broadus
August 12th, 2006, 02:17
Some games don't have sound. Why is that?
The only games I've played on this emulator are Metal Slug 1-5 (and X). 3, 4 and 5 don't have any audio.

publicprivates
August 12th, 2006, 02:40
theyre too big for sound to play so its auto no sound.

Broadus
August 12th, 2006, 02:41
Oh. Fair enough.

Alucard
August 12th, 2006, 05:36
I have asked this a couple of times here, with no real answer, but could some confirm for me that they are getting crashes in Metal Slug 4 on the first level during the motorcycle part.

I have tried many many different roms. I have tried different bios. Always crash in the same board, but at random locations.

It even crashed on my friends PSP, but that was the rom and emu I gave him. So I want to make sure this is the case.

BTW... there is a way around, but you can't play that part of the board. You would have to take another route.

Ewin
August 15th, 2006, 06:36
AcidBurn05.
n00b question.
About romsets.
Specifically Metal Slug 1.
I try to convert a sprite cache for it, when i get the "C ROM" error message.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
I have no idea what to do....hell i don't even know what a set is.
I got Metal Slug 2 working...but i need 1!

four_add
August 15th, 2006, 16:44
Oh, wow! Thanks a lot! I finally get it!
You leave the original, unmodified (romname).zip in the roms directory... And the (romname)_cache.zip in the cache directory. And it works perfectly!
And it runs great, too! Woo!
Thanks a bunch.

i did that and it doesnt works..

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:49
AcidBurn05.
n00b question.
About romsets.
Specifically Metal Slug 1.
I try to convert a sprite cache for it, when i get the "C ROM" error message.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
I have no idea what to do....hell i don't even know what a set is.
I got Metal Slug 2 working...but i need 1!

Your Metal Slug 1 romset might be corrupt/incomplete/unfinished/old. Try to find another Meter Slug 1 romset and try caching it again.

comicgeek
August 21st, 2006, 09:32
FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T GET AN ANSWER ON HOW TO MAKE IT WORK CHECK THIS THREAD:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/ROM-Converter-0-4-for-NEOGEO-Emulator-for-PSP-RC-2/pg/49/aid/57935

No thanks to those people who knew the answer but to selfish to share them.

nowelskeee
August 29th, 2006, 17:09
i have the

-uni-bios.rom (placed it in roms folder)
-a mvsc.zip file (now what will i do with it?)

i realy dont know how to make this work... pls help... tnx..

Broadus
August 30th, 2006, 02:45
Marvel versus Capcom won't work, because it's not a Neo-Geo game.
Yes, I'm an idiot, I already tried.

nowelskeee
August 30th, 2006, 04:52
okok.. tnx...
i made the bios work by the neogeo.zip file and included the uni-bios.

from what i have seen from other forums, i get the roms on *******.net then il go to the mame section not on the neogeo section....? which rom will i use and how will i know its compatible with the nj? im sory for asking such questions but im really a noob. tnx..

donne
August 30th, 2006, 06:44
Did anybody knows how can I get to the operator menu (that option to change coins, levels, etc ?)

Largo_W
August 30th, 2006, 09:29
@nowelskeee

the pspneogeo emulator checks the checksum, the pc emulators checks the name of the rom (mostly, i think NeoGeoRage does). So you have to find the rom with the correct checksum, thats all. oh and it must be in "the list". its a textfile inside the "ngepsp" folder

nowelskeee
August 30th, 2006, 15:54
okok... so this is what im gona do, i download a rom, (e.g mslug) in which section? mame or neogeo?

*im gona download the rom on the famous r**h******.net

tnx..

nowelskeee
August 30th, 2006, 16:37
now a new problem...

when i convert mslug.zip, i get error,

ERROR: could not load sprite rom <c rom>

what is that and what am i gona do to make this work?

donne
August 30th, 2006, 17:09
Hey I encountered almost the same trouble, strange thing is, those roms worked on neogeorage.. I wonder why.. Perhaps an incomplete rom set ?

Largo_W
September 1st, 2006, 09:00
no the rom is corrupt, try another server and try the neogeo section. dont use the page u said, try google for "mslug1.zip" . There is a good polish fansite for mslug by the way, with sprites, story and pics of the arcade versions. something with ply in the URL, dont know annymore. there are also the roms for alle Mslugs. even the Ngepocket and mobile version.

ACID
September 1st, 2006, 09:35
FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T GET AN ANSWER ON HOW TO MAKE IT WORK CHECK THIS THREAD:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/ROM-Converter-0-4-for-NEOGEO-Emulator-for-PSP-RC-2/pg/49/aid/57935

No thanks to those people who knew the answer but to selfish to share them.
Why even bring that web site up here. They help even less and more then likely got the tutorial from somewere else.

donne
September 1st, 2006, 10:20
Agree.. I don't get any information I have not know.. Like.. How's the hell to change the Difficulty Level ?? I'm blaming that PSP bad controller, you hear ?? I'm not old ! I'm not old !

ACID
September 1st, 2006, 10:26
Just press triangle or R to get to the menu.

donne
September 1st, 2006, 11:18
Huh ? Is that right ? But isn't triangle a usable action button ? Oh ok.. Thanks Acidburn. Now it's my turn to kick Yuri's little b---.. And I'll tell Motoko to put you in his/her Hero List ;)

redjchristian_2five@
September 2nd, 2006, 14:50
NJ can u pliz help me metal slug did not work in my neogeo beta4 psp 1.5

crimsonreject
September 3rd, 2006, 11:34
i need help

crimsonreject
September 3rd, 2006, 11:35
everytime i try playing king of fighters 2003 it says file not found 'Cpu1 (prom) what do i do to fix this? or when i play kof2002 it says filenot found cpu2 why does it say that?

Largo_W
September 4th, 2006, 10:49
your kof roms are broken. i think there are at least three different types of files:
1. crom for graphics
2. prom for program itsself
3. srom for sound

the crom can be cached in a single file with the program inside the archive, so the PSP doesnt have to load the hole game in the memory ( which is mostly impossible, due big files)
So.. IF there is an error with one of the rom files - the game is broken. try another one. And be sure that it is in the compatibilitylist !
try google -> Language Tools -> Translate whole page (or so) and insert the URL of the inventor of this emulator.
You will find many information about it there ;)

neosan
September 12th, 2006, 17:34
Here is what you need to add to the eloader98.cfg to play the NeoGeo emu with eloader98

[NGEPSP_3CD5F896]
#************************************************* ************************#
#* NEO GEO Emulator for PSP *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
#************************************************* ************************#
ebootname=[NGEPSP]
limitedMemoryManager=Y

fdhdhhfhdh
September 20th, 2006, 02:43
Help,the Emu Doesnt Reconize The Bios Y, Can Some1 Help Me,tell Me Were To Download The Rite Bios And Were To Put It, Cuz Im New And Dont Kno

fdhdhhfhdh
September 20th, 2006, 02:43
Help,the Emu Doesnt Reconize The Bios Y, Can Some1 Help Me,tell Me Were To Download The Rite Bios And Were To Put It, Cuz Im New And Dont Kno

darkmanx
September 23rd, 2006, 03:02
can someone please help, i,m kinda new at emulators but i managed to install snes-dehook-egen.but i came apond a emulator that interested me neo geo 2.0.0 i intsalled" ngepsp-ngepsp"in game folder. but everytime i start up a game it saids "bios not found". my package came with a convertor and some other requirement i dont know about. can someone please help understand ,1-where do i put the bios file on my psp 2- where do i get a bios file for neo geo 3- whats the convertor for and how do i use it please help

shedeus
September 28th, 2006, 00:11
This emu is working wonderfully on 2.71 with eloader 0.99. Unbelievable how well it runs!

Only problem I'm having is with any ROMs requiring the use of the cache file. Getting a GFX3 sprite cache error even with correct placement of both rom and cache files.

Any thoughts on why all ROMs without caches work fine but none of the converted ROMs do? I'm using the latest converter version 0.4

ramzak
September 28th, 2006, 00:48
what is the use of the converter?

ramzak
September 28th, 2006, 00:59
could some one help me set this up add me in my msn

ramzak
September 28th, 2006, 01:29
ohhh i finaly got the emu to work XD but no sound in kof2000....can anyone list all the games with sound and if kof2000 does have a sound. can someone tell me how to fix this? after i am helped i will post the intrustions on how to set it up soo i can help all the other neopsp noobs out there in this forums

jurkevicz
September 28th, 2006, 22:14
it is in the READ ME file....:rolleyes:

pibs
September 28th, 2006, 22:35
Is this emu full screen? im not on my pc so i cant dl it yet ><

shedeus
September 29th, 2006, 05:21
Is this emu full screen? im not on my pc so i cant dl it yet ><

you can configure it 1:1, zoom, zoom wide, fullscreen, etc.

so... yes. and it looks beautiful

Jmanultra
September 30th, 2006, 18:44
This emu is working wonderfully on 2.71 with eloader 0.99. Unbelievable how well it runs!

Only problem I'm having is with any ROMs requiring the use of the cache file. Getting a GFX3 sprite cache error even with correct placement of both rom and cache files.

Any thoughts on why all ROMs without caches work fine but none of the converted ROMs do? I'm using the latest converter version 0.4

I'm in the same boat as you. I can run the titles that don't need to be cached, but can't run any of titles that do require cachement. Kinda blows cause I'd love to run Shock Troopers 2 and the Metal Slugs.. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong? My firmware is 2.71, and I'm using eloader .99, and the neozip bios. I've downloaded the emu from the front of the page and am using the converter that comes with it which I believe is the latest version. Please help!

Jmanultra
October 1st, 2006, 01:34
The reason I can't run high meg Neo Geo MVS and Capcom CPS2 titles is because I'm using the TIFF method for 2.71. I happen to be loading my friend's PSP up for him with emus and roms, and he's got a 2.0 firmware so I put the Boch's eloader in which gives the user the option of using GTA as a boot method. Sure enough every game I can't get to boot(NEO or CPS2) fires right up in his system via GTA. Does anyone know if there's a GTA eloader option being worked on for us 2.71 users?
:)

oyk918
October 2nd, 2006, 18:31
thanks man kof rules

wusstown
October 16th, 2006, 12:54
Can anyone help me? ive been trying to figure out which neo emu is the best for my psp and i'm having problems. i cant get the games to even load. where do i get the roms for this and where do i put them. anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

HumanIce
March 20th, 2007, 20:25
i really, truly sorry for bringing this back from the dead o.o and i registered to ask this.. it always goddamn says :
ERROR: could not allocate REGION_GFX3 memory.
Try to use sprite cache.. (i dont even know what that is!)
ERROR: file not found. spr_usage (GFX3 usage)

ive wasted 6 hours trying to find anything on google.. and just tell me what to do.. if you dont know where you got the bios, just put your emulator that works on zshare.net.. -_-

Nocuddle
March 21st, 2007, 11:09
Search for NJ MVSPSP 2.0.6