PDA

View Full Version : Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

Pages : [1] 2

shadowprophet
July 14th, 2006, 00:34
Its a great day for 1.5 psps isn't it? Today with special thanks to Jas0nuk and his amazing patience for my barrage of questions, He lead me to the file that made devhook legal, via a special patch that was created by Mtwomg, This is Devhook 0.44 that emulates firmware version 2.7 on 1.5 psps!!! Complete with working web browser with flash support and rss!! (on 222 mhz anyway).
This is all ready to go!

Remember special thanks goes to Booster ,For createing Devhook, Mtwomg, For Makeing it legal, And Jas0nuk (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?userid=28762), author Of the devhook umd only version patch for 0.42, Without these three people, This Program wouldnt be possible on this site!!

1. Download DevHook 0.44 from here

2. Go into the MS-Root folder in the DevHook download and copy the dh and psp folder onto the
root of your mem-stick

3. Download pbp unpacker

4. Download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71

5. Open the update with pbp unpacker and extract all the files to wherever you want (the file needed is the data.psar)

6. Get the data.psar from the extracted update and put that onto the root of your mem-stick

7. On the psp choose devhook installer and start that, then when you are in the eboot start the installer, at the end if you want to copy your flash1 read what is says on the screen, which should be something like "press O to copy flash1 registry files"

8. Download the decrypted 2.60/2.71 dump from somewhere I have a link but cannot provide it (the reboot.bin will be what is needed from the decrypted dump)

8.5. (Only if you're setting up 2.71). Copy ms0:\dh\260\flash1 to ms0:\dh\271\.

9. Now from the decrypted 2.60/2.71 you downloaded you will need the reboot.bin, copy the reboot.bin into ms0:\dh\260\flash0 (or ms0:\dh\271\flash0 for 2.71) and also copy it into ms0:\dh\kd and replace the one that is currently in there

Mini Guide courtesy of chriscooke109

Download and Give feedback Via comments

Just so as you all understand, this means that every single PSP Game released should now be playable on Firmware v1.5 Consoles, an awesome day for homebrewers and a great way to legally play your UMDs Games on older firmware.

acn010
July 14th, 2006, 00:38
omg, that fast, im amazed for the progress is making

shibby420182
July 14th, 2006, 00:39
woohoo 2.7 i dont even know anything about it but now i can try it

Man
July 14th, 2006, 00:42
This is a major leap in homebrew, and people said it wasnt possible!

LC_killer
July 14th, 2006, 00:47
i think i may try this. im on 2.6. not to sure about downgrading agian though. i almost want to wait till the new exploit gives us kernal. the only reason i want it is so i can spead up my emus. i liek the idea of the umd only, iso's will only make this a handheld dreamcast.

oafan
July 14th, 2006, 00:48
i want to know how sony will respond to us 1.5 users being able to play all umd games without upgrading

vettacossx
July 14th, 2006, 00:51
i tryed to downgrade my psp but it wont work WORST PART IS i know im doing it right i did it for my friend tom and it worked :( and my psp umd drive says its a compatable version ??!! wish i could try this out...:(

traeskapa
July 14th, 2006, 00:51
Whoa, this just freezes all the time :(
And my family hasn't showed up yet :/

Pelnied
July 14th, 2006, 00:58
OMG this is awesome i didnt think it would be so possible to achieve this!!! if id known devhook could make it so i could play games on my 1.5 psp i wouldnt have like gotten a second like psp.. kinda... its kinda in a bad order of what psps i got first but still this is pretty sweet good job guys this is like the best app i dont really need!! lol sorry!

traeskapa
July 14th, 2006, 01:00
[QUOTE=jamiecruickshank]Try Using this,
link removed

Spank you, I'm downloading it now. :)

oafan
July 14th, 2006, 01:05
And my iso's don't show up :/

no iso talk read the rules

traeskapa
July 14th, 2006, 01:08
Yes yes oh yay!
It did work <3

traeskapa
July 14th, 2006, 01:09
no iso talk read the rules

It's of course iso's of my homemade games.
Piracy is a crime!

mavsman4457
July 14th, 2006, 01:11
I have been waiting to update my Devhook and this is what I have been waiting for. Now that it is downloadable from DCEmu I know it is legit. Thank you Booster.

drew4237
July 14th, 2006, 01:16
this is a link to the FULL pre-setup version, just drag and drop into your memory stick root...its customized too

link removed
this one didnt work for me it just came to the gameboot screen and frooze. i found one somewhere else link removed
this one works fine and i just left my 2.6 files so i can use gta cheat

SnoopKatt
July 14th, 2006, 01:16
Great :)

Works great, now we have flash homebrew :D
And later UMD's. That would be great when Sony releases the FW with the PS1 emulator would be on DevHook.

acn010
July 14th, 2006, 01:18
And my iso's don't show up :/

remove this or edit or you'll get banned, the rules are strict now, and people has to obey now.
thank you

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 01:21
If u want it to run 333MHz on the browser, start it in 222MHz, then when u connect to a network and actually get a single page loaded, hit HOME+SELECT and little white numbers just above the select button should appear showing the speed it's currently on, hit it again and it will change to 333, then u can enjoy the web browser on the fastest speed possible. :)

If u do all that sony says to do to use the RSS feeds, then go into the SYSTEM folder on the MS, and create a folder named RSSCH, then u can use the RSS Feeds, but if it's there and it won't let u delete it change the name and create another folder

U need a UMD in the drive for it to work

There's a mod already for disabling and enabling the USB and a screenshot mod also already out, i have no idea how to work the screenshot thing so don't ask me about that.

Yes, I've had this for about 2 hours and have been experimenting :D

LC_killer
July 14th, 2006, 01:22
It's of course iso's of my homemade games.
Piracy is a crime!
yea i wouild edit if i was you, the rules state no talking of iso, even if you SAY that they are legal made back ups. you still cant talk about it.

mavsman4457
July 14th, 2006, 01:27
So how do we install it after we download the folders? I remember a big deal being made about the difficulty of the previous Devhooks.

shadowprophet
July 14th, 2006, 01:29
Devhook :D

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 01:30
So how do we install it after we download the folders? I remember a big deal being made about the difficulty of the previous Devhooks.

Put all the folders that came with the .rar in the root of the MS then put a UMD game in the drive, load DevHook.44 hit the circle button, when u get the black screen with white letters set it to 222MHz, and tell it to load the 2.71FW, the what u do is go up to the top and select start BTW: u select evrything with the circle button……then after the game begins to load or takes u to the start menu (which ever comes first) hit HOME and move over to YES then there u go

Hope it helps! :D

wraggster
July 14th, 2006, 01:33
NO ISO DISCUSSION - THis is the UMD Version we dont support ISOs at all.

mcvader
July 14th, 2006, 01:34
Awesome, I only just finished downloading 0.43 (dial-up), and I was overjoyed to finally be able to watch Final Fantasy VII Advent children again, now i can't wait to see what flash has to offer on my little black magic box, who needs modchips anyway? Seeing that the source codes on the net (and i'm sure sony have a copy) I doubt the next update will be Quite so easy to crack. Seven thumbs up to all involved in making this incredible piece of homebrew!!

PSPegasus
July 14th, 2006, 01:36
This is truely a wonderful day for the homebrew scene. At long last the 1.5 owners are free to play any games and flash apps and use all the features that the 2.71 firmware brings. It just goes to show that anything is possible. I can't wait to see if the firmware with the PSOne Emulator gets eventually added to DevHook. Something tells me Sony's going nuts right now.

SmashinGit
July 14th, 2006, 01:37
I've just installed this and have played the demo of Locoroco! :) Awsome game, will be buying the game tomorrow. That will bring my grand total of commercial games for the psp to 2!

mog
July 14th, 2006, 01:45
... I don't see the 1.00 version anywhere... :rolleyes:

Great job still... I'm sticking with version 0.22 for now though! :p

acn010
July 14th, 2006, 01:47
ok thats cool locoroco?
ill try it :)

pimpjuice10
July 14th, 2006, 01:55
wow that visious. keep up the good work all!!

borgamix123
July 14th, 2006, 01:59
on psp updates this article whas online several hours ago, but here in http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ the articles take too long to be updated...

oh and by the way great news!!

p.s. SmashinGit where can i get an englsih version of loco roco demo??

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 02:04
SmashinGit where can i get an englsih version of loco roco demo??

From the place of evil.......Sony's official site Playstation.com

mameuser
July 14th, 2006, 02:04
Devhook hook all the people

Harshboy
July 14th, 2006, 02:11
So i just install 2.71 the same way as normal? Copy flash0 to memstick and not bother with flash1 (i never copy it) In the readme theres special things for 2.6 and 2.71 Should i ignore these reboot.bin things?

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 02:13
Just copy all the files to the root of the memstick and follow the instructions that i posted on the 3rd page and all should be well

Voltron
July 14th, 2006, 02:17
I better stay out of this thread. I'll only get myself in trouble. Too many ISO cops.

I will say though, that breakthrough's lately have been at such a blistering pace that for the first time, we are now caught up to Sony in the battle of firmware vs. homebrew. No more waiting for months on end hoping the firmware is cracked so we can play newer games.

Now no need for a MOD CHIP (YET)

The amount of work that made this possible is staggering. Dark_AleX must be thanked for the 2.60 decryption, downgrader, & more, the one who discovered the exploit to make higher firmware decryption/downgrading possible is a huge saviour as well. And of course, Booster for the groundbreaking DevHook.

I won't be limiting my version with the ONLY UMD mod, but it is was a noble gesture to hav such a mod.

EVERY GAME SHOULD NOW WORK ON 1.50 PSP's. If anyone encounters a game that doesn't work but knows for 100% sure they have DevHook installed correctly with all the right files in all the right places, please let us know what the game is.

I've tested previously unplayable games like Outrun & Gurumin and they work great now.

::Evil Grin::
Take that $ony! I love you and the PSP, but it was wrong to LOCK OUT homebrew entirely. Games should not have FORCED people to update firmware to play. Just like the Video UMD's, this was another failure. Now please FOCUS on creating great games and make the PSOne EMU service as good as we all hope it will be.

mog
July 14th, 2006, 02:27
Now no need for a MOD CHIP (YET)
Nope, I still plan to install my modchip... once I get all the other tools to install it with.

Even if Booster does get round to making a 1.00 version, which I would really like to see, I will eventually install my modchip.
For one thing it will be cool to be able to completely mess around with the flash without any worries about bricking. :p

gslop
July 14th, 2006, 02:31
Does this work with 2.60 ?

gotmilk0112
July 14th, 2006, 02:39
will this brick my psp?

emuking
July 14th, 2006, 02:43
NO ISO DISCUSSION - THis is the UMD Version we dont support ISOs at all.

wraggster i meant my socom umd i actually own the game sheesh your harsh, im no loader so dont accuse me of being one please :(

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 02:43
will this brick my psp?

It's physically impossible to brick your PSP with this program, if it appears to be bricked, u didn't set it up correctly or ur battery is dead

Does this work with 2.60 ?

If u meen ur PSP has the 2.6Firmware installed on it right now.....then no

mameuser
July 14th, 2006, 02:50
PSP UMD sales will go up.............

Harshboy
July 14th, 2006, 02:52
It worked:D Thank you Dark_Alex and Booster!

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 02:53
I already have 2 games that i wanna buy.....and if loco roco is good, then that's 3 that i really wanna buy :)

gotmilk0112
July 14th, 2006, 03:02
can someone tell me where to put which files to emulate 2.71? :?

idapimp
July 14th, 2006, 03:09
theoretically is devhook actually illegal without the patch. i know it isn't very condone because it play's UMD backups but then again so does a ps1 emulator but everyone wants that? how is devhook anymore illegal than a ps1 emulator?

Kvonx
July 14th, 2006, 03:11
finally.............i jus got on, bin waiting all day had went to football practise but i didnt download from any of my other sites only dis 1 i really trust. homebrew vs. sony who will have the last laugh. A "BIG" thanks to all the coders out there, homebrew strikes again!!!

GobboFett
July 14th, 2006, 03:17
Howdy everybody, 1st post. Hooray!

I have only recently discovered the magic known as 1.50 Firmware and DevHook (after downgrading from 2.00), but my god what an awesome piece of Homebrew! I mean, I only found DevHook v0.43 for emulating 2.60 early this week and already there's a new version for 2.71 emulation :eek: Holy crap! That was freaking quick. I only got around to buying Metal Gear Acid 2 last night and now I have access to ALL games...how cool. Hopefully Booster and the DevHook team keep up the good work :D

jwilds73
July 14th, 2006, 03:27
Loco Roco demo ran but when I exited it caused my PSP to shut down it didnt return to menu. I'm not sure if that is just a bug with the OS emulation or what but it will run the Loco Roco demo now to test Flash games and such

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 03:28
can someone tell me where to put which files to emulate 2.71? :?

Ok, download the .rar, then put the folder's labeled dh and PSP into the root of ur memory stick, if u have homebrew already on there, don't worry, it'll just add the other two files for lauching the 2.71 emulation....then go to page 3, i have step by step tutorial on what to do next, if you don't understand how to do it after that......i'll be scared, jkjk:D

mavsman4457
July 14th, 2006, 03:30
I cannot install this because my PSP is in my dad's car, :(. I have heard that the flash games and movies are slow. Does this mean that they are slow just on devhook or they are even slow on an actual 2.71 PSP?

Edit: Would it be possible to emulate custom firmwares using Devhook?

ClintiePoo
July 14th, 2006, 03:35
This thing is sweet. I'm duly impressed.

jay_reilly
July 14th, 2006, 03:37
Thankyou I Can Play Umd :-)

drew4237
July 14th, 2006, 03:37
i didnt really think the flash was slow on devhook. i dont have any umd movies but i could try movies off the ms. i dont think taht it should be a problem cause u can just convert tehm to pmp and watch them full res on 1.5 anyways
i dont get what is so great about locoroco i tried the demo but still i dont get it. it looks like a game for 5 year olds maybe everyone that wants it is 5 but if there is something im missing please fill me in on it

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 03:41
Would it be possible to emulate custom firmwares using Devhook?

Umm........custom firmware for wut firmware update?...u meen the 1.5 Media Edition? then that, no.....gameshark themselve's said not to treat it like an update, but it is being emulated so i don't know......

vettacossx
July 14th, 2006, 04:00
on psp updates this article whas online several hours ago, but here in http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ the articles take too long to be updated...

sorry but DCemu wont post anything that could POTENTIALY brick a psp untill its safe ;) but as you can see some already KNOW THAT...lol :)

I have been waiting to update my Devhook and this is what I have been waiting for. Now that it is downloadable from DCEmu I know it is legit. Thank you Booster.

ataribob
July 14th, 2006, 04:08
Can't see why Sony will be pissed ?

The UMD sales will go up I know.
I am getting 3 I wanted but could not play :-)

gslop
July 14th, 2006, 04:09
Do i need a 2.71 umd to run this. Im so confused i used a 2.00 umd and went to devhook then says loading updater in umd wich is 2.00 but i want 2.71???

mavsman4457
July 14th, 2006, 04:09
Umm........custom firmware for wut firmware update?...u meen the 1.5 Media Edition? then that, no.....gameshark themselve's said not to treat it like an update, but it is being emulated so i don't know......

I was referring to Epsilon Bios.

gslop
July 14th, 2006, 04:15
:D i got it to work fine but how do u install tht loco roco demo?

Also how do you play hombrew it says data is corrupted

SSaxdude
July 14th, 2006, 04:21
This is really quick because DevHook .43 came out like 2 days ago.

ataribob
July 14th, 2006, 04:24
:D i got it to work fine but how do u install tht loco roco demo?

Also how do you play hombrew it says data is corrupted

While you are using Devhook It will show you at Firmware 1.7.
To play homebrew 1.5 stuff.
You need to shutdown and reboot the PSP.
Thne you will find yourself back at firmware 1.50 and play any thing you want

dragaron
July 14th, 2006, 04:26
hallelujah!

gslop
July 14th, 2006, 04:29
Thanks tht helped.

sroon
July 14th, 2006, 04:31
Shadow yer back!!
I missed you so!
YES I DID YEEEEEEES I DID!!
where were you bro?
btw thanks for thee update!
/(.)(.)\ no! /(O)(O)\
yo yo yo snoop dog doubble deez!
lol!

Kloe
July 14th, 2006, 04:39
so do you think this could be used with a v2.6 psp if they ever find out to give full kernal access to 2.6 psps? if so I think ill wait until i can use this with my 2.6 ^^. If it's still about 4-5 months down the road and no full kernal access yet, i may consider downgrading back to 1.5 and using devhook. :D

Lumir
July 14th, 2006, 04:41
Can someone explain in detail how to install this correctly??? Like put up a mem stick tree...

o:\
psp
game

and so on please cuz i know im doing somthing wrong. Thanks.

uhoh_hotdogs
July 14th, 2006, 04:42
I really am overjoyed. Now I have even more features on my 1.5 PSP, than when I was still using 2.6!

ace 18
July 14th, 2006, 04:44
YAY i can finally play monster hunter and megaman dude awsome! keep up the good work!!!

Lumir
July 14th, 2006, 04:48
please someone put up a tree explaining were to put the stuff from the folder... cuz i keep getting could not start error...

example...

root (o:/)
psp
game

YourStillWithMe
July 14th, 2006, 04:52
Sony is going to be pist!!!!! I already got my copy of this program elsewhere Then again, this will speed up the process of the psone emulator i think haha i laugh at the poor souls who upgraded past 2.60 who had a 2.00 or lower psp patience is key my friends and havent i ALWAYS said that in my talking and my sigs?

gslop
July 14th, 2006, 04:54
please someone put up a tree explaining were to put the stuff from the folder... cuz i keep getting could not start error...

example...

root (o:/)
psp
game

root: tool and dh
psp
game
then all the ones in the ms root tht are in psp/game/here put tht in the game folder

Then start up dec hook firmware installer install the stuff from ur umd then exit go back to ur psp then click on dev hook and start up ur game then press menu and now ur rockin 2.71 then i f u want to go back to 1.50 force ur psp to reboot then ur back repeat this to go back...

Lumir
July 14th, 2006, 05:05
psp
game
then all the ones in the ms root tht are in psp/game/here put tht in the game folder

Then start up dec hook firmware installer install the stuff from ur umd then exit go back to ur psp then click on dev hook and start up ur game then press menu and now ur rockin 2.71 then i f u want to go back to 1.50 force ur psp to reboot then ur back repeat this to go back...

Damb i fallowed all your instructions and i still get could not start error... i dont know whats wrong...

EDIT:

Found out the problem, it was my winrar, it didnt extract everything...

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 05:15
I was referring to Epsilon Bios.

I'm pretty sure that Epsilon Bios requires the modchip........

mcvader
July 14th, 2006, 05:24
I forgot all about the LocoRoco demo, downloading now! I don't know if this is considered off-topic but now that everybody has fw2.71 via devhook i'm sure a lot of people (me included) would like a tutorial on how to use the new flash functionalbility. can we now load all the thousands of flash games available for the PC on our PSP's and if so does anybody now of a good site that has a large collection for download?

John Vattic
July 14th, 2006, 05:30

I don't think you need tool in the root folder lol. I didn't put it in and it works great for me.

Has anyone run loco roco demo with this? can it run loco roco demo?

I too think this can help umd sales. i'm buying splinter cell essentials tomorrow:)

!!!!!start the devhook from psp/game folder.
when it shows the menu hit O to edit settings.
select firmware 2.71 and hit O.
select clock speed 222 and hit O.
select start and hit O.
loads umd.
press home and then yes to exit devhook.
enjoy the 2.71 features till you reboot psp.

good job Shadowprophet! maybe you aren't so creepy after all. lol

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 05:32
does anybody now of a good site that has a large collection for download?

Just use the FireFox Web Browser.......u can save flash films/games with it..........it's under tools and then page info, then the media tab.......

Voltron
July 14th, 2006, 05:32
I think ill wait until i can use this with my 2.6 ^^.

Why in the world would you want to use this with 2.60? Downgrade to 1.50 and you can have 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 2.60, & 2.71, all on one PSP. Definitely the better way to go.

When even some of the best developers in the PSP Scene like zx-81, have downgraded their 2.00+ PSP's, that should be assurance enough that it is the better way to go. Of course this is just my opinion.

Squidman
July 14th, 2006, 05:35
Damb i fallowed all your instructions and i still get could not start error... i dont know whats wrong...

EDIT:

Just to help............follow these instructions:

Put all the folders that came with the .rar in the root of the MS then put a UMD game in the drive, load DevHook.44 hit the circle button, when u get the black screen with white letters set it to 222MHz, and tell it to load the 2.71FW, the what u do is go up to the top and select start BTW: u select evrything with the circle button……then after the game begins to load or takes u to the start menu (which ever comes first) hit HOME and move over to YES then there u go

This has worked for me.......but i also got this running without the UMD on only 222MHz, but u can change it with HOME+SELECT, but it must be on 222MHz to connect with Wifi

gslop
July 14th, 2006, 05:40

EDIT:

lol

IndianCheese
July 14th, 2006, 05:53
1 bet down! All thats left is the dreamcast emu and i take all!

Lumir
July 14th, 2006, 05:58
I think my win rar is currupt, this is the second time its done this, i had to rename the files just to get winrar to extract them...

Anyways loco roco demo freezes once you try to exit it... other then that im satisfied, (loco roco gets boring after the first 10min), so i think imma go get some new FW 2.71 games xD.

The_It
July 14th, 2006, 06:10
wow loco roco is fun! im gonna buy the umd.

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 06:11
This is a great day for the PSP comunity. Hope sony cant come up with new ideas on how to screw with the firmware.

psp411
July 14th, 2006, 06:12
Yes Yes Yes!!! Good Job Booster!!!=d

cburke1
July 14th, 2006, 06:15
I have for sale a 1gb and 256 card for psp and 5 games for 150$ including socom and gta the older version for hombrew. This is easly worth 300$ so please let me know. Write to me and ask me about it at [email protected]

Voltron
July 14th, 2006, 06:15
Yeah, we are getting spoiled lately. I fear that Sony might try new ways to prevent this sort of stuff. But it very well may be that the only thing they can do is release new HARDWARE versions of the PSP that can't be used the way we use current hardware versions.

If that is the case, I'd get a PSP now and make sure it is not the TA-082 motherboard model.

I really want the PSOne EMU to work on my 1.50.

Raikwun
July 14th, 2006, 06:19
This on is good! Nice one!

MalumEnSe
July 14th, 2006, 06:21
It's funny that this download is all about a "legal version of Devhook" - yet the download has decrypted, copyrighted material, aka the firmware dump, reboot.bin, et al. This makes the download even more illegal than the regular version of DevHook that DOES run ISOs.

Whoops!

Kaiser
July 14th, 2006, 06:28
It's funny that this download is all about a "legal version of Devhook" - yet the download has decrypted, copyrighted material, aka the firmware dump, reboot.bin, et al. This makes the download even more illegal than the regular version of DevHook that DOES run ISOs.

Whoops!

Its been edited out. Mistake on our part. We want to keep it legal.

MalumEnSe
July 14th, 2006, 06:40
Its been edited out. Mistake on our part. We want to keep it legal.

I know you do - I was kinda shocked when I saw it. If we could legally host a drag and drop version of the setup at QJ, we would... but unfortunately that's not possible without it containing illegal firmware bits.

Kaiser
July 14th, 2006, 06:42
I know you do - I was kinda shocked when I saw it. If we could legally host a drag and drop version of the setup at QJ, we would... but unfortunately that's not possible without it containing illegal firmware bits.

Sadly the only option is for users to find the files on their own. All I can say is its worth the extra work my friends! This is a great program.

IndianCheese
July 14th, 2006, 06:54
I REALLY hope we get a 333mhz fix soon for 2.71. Imagine heavy flash running at low qual, 333mhz...it would be so fast!

time_running_out
July 14th, 2006, 07:08
much appreciated, many thanks to all the people who made this possible. :)
Sony - stop spending a fortune on wasted efforts, give people WHAT THEY WANT

yakumo
July 14th, 2006, 07:44
Ok, that sounds good. But when will I be able to use this software on my japan 1.0 PSP?
And please, don't tell me to upgrade...

YourStillWithMe
July 14th, 2006, 07:54
yakumo--Why wouldnt you upgrade my friend? Seriously? You cant play music UMD's, you cant run devhook and emulate the 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 2.60, and 2.71 firmwares at once, and you can only run games that require you to update up to 1.52 (i dont even know if you can do that.) unless your a pirate and heart using fastloader (if that even runs on 1.00) Not to sound cruel but i'd upgrade as of now not much cool material has been released for the 1.00 and theres a downgrader out now, so it's cool.

and i'm sure that Sony is now going to release a 2.80 or 2.90 to delay the time between 3.00 (im sure is one of the next firmwares) and be like yeah we added a "security update" (a.k.a-patch up your chance of hacking our system) and the use of radio or some stupid thing that we could probably already do on our 1.50 you have to give them credit if i was a 2.60-2.71 user i would definitely upgrade because if you cant play homebrew as smooth as 1.50 or even 2.00 you might as well conform and just go along with them because you have nothing to occupy yourself really while you wait for the system to be cracked. . .

cowbot
July 14th, 2006, 08:31
You guys pown!!! Great!

yakumo
July 14th, 2006, 09:49
yakumo--Why wouldnt you upgrade my friend? Seriously? You cant play music UMD's, you cant run devhook and emulate the 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 2.60, and 2.71 firmwares at once, and you can only run games that require you to update up to 1.52 (i dont even know if you can do that.) unless your a pirate and heart using fastloader (if that even runs on 1.00) Not to sound cruel but i'd upgrade as of now not much cool material has been released for the 1.00 and theres a downgrader out now, so it's cool.

First of all, I don't want to listening to music in a PSP. I have my own MP3 portable player. Second, I want to play official games without needing to upgrade. I have 'Untold Legends' and can't play with it because it requieres 1.5fw.
Last, but not least, having a 'virgin' PSP 1.00 is like having a museum piece. I would rather prefer spending 300 euro in a new PSP and do all the flashings needed instead of 'pervert' my 1.00 PSP.

If sony would not had made so much mistakes in their fw I would have bought other games that I want to play but unfortunately requires a higher version firmware. Some of that games are: 'Metal Gear Acid 2', 'Gradius Legends', the new Ghouls and Gosts...

Too bad for me, but also for game manufacturers. They will not see money from me anymore if I cannot play games with a 1.00 PSP or if I don't buy another, and I will not do that at the moment.

Video_freak
July 14th, 2006, 09:54
this is awesome! talk about a slap in the face to sony. this means if you have 1.5, you can emulate every single firmware now!!!

its too bad i cant enjoy any of this on my broken PSP screen :mad: :mad:

jaydee73
July 14th, 2006, 10:15
First of all, I don't want to listening to music in a PSP. I have my own MP3 portable player. Second, I want to play official games without needing to upgrade. I have 'Untold Legends' and can't play with it because it requieres 1.5fw.
Last, but not least, having a 'virgin' PSP 1.00 is like having a museum piece. I would rather prefer spending 300 euro in a new PSP and do all the flashings needed instead of 'pervert' my 1.00 PSP.

If sony would not had made so much mistakes in their fw I would have bought other games that I want to play but unfortunately requires a higher version firmware. Some of that games are: 'Metal Gear Acid 2', 'Gradius Legends', the new Ghouls and Gosts...

Too bad for me, but also for game manufacturers. They will not see money from me anymore if I cannot play games with a 1.00 PSP or if I don't buy another, and I will not do that at the moment.

Remind me again why you have a PSP? There are 1.0 to 1.5 firmware upgrade/downgraders for people with machines like yourself which allow you try out 1.5 firmware and if you don't like it, revert back to 1.0.

The newer versions of Devhook et al aren't likely to support 1.0 firmware in the new future if ever so if you want to make some use of your museum piece, you are going to have to update to 1.50. It really isn't that bad :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 14th, 2006, 10:31
OMFG just downloaded the full pack with Fw 2.71 this rocks with the usb host tooo great work...

torks
July 14th, 2006, 10:52
hey hey :) viva devhook !!
U.P. chip ?! what the f*** for?!

R4mbo
July 14th, 2006, 11:27
Nice Job, but i got some Questions, maybe someone can answer them!

1. What exactly does this "Legal Patch"?

2. I downloaded a "Full Version?" of the Last DevHook, inwich i didnt needed to download Firmware and Stuff and extract it. I just Copied the Archives Folders on my MS and it was done...
Will there be such a "Full Version" availible soon, and is such a Version with included Firmware Legal?

Vega
July 14th, 2006, 11:31
2.7 doesn't start up with these sound effects.. does it?
I managed to change the default wallpaper by browsing around the 2.7 folder... but is it possible to change the start up sounds back to default?
Anyways... superb release. Brilliant.

Night_Kids
July 14th, 2006, 12:45
Cool.....very hard working :)

10shu
July 14th, 2006, 13:20
ME AND MY KATAMARI <US> UMD.... works!
KINGKONG <US> UMD.... Works!

Night_Kids
July 14th, 2006, 13:31
4. Download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71

Can anybody give me the link to download this ???

Uruz 6
July 14th, 2006, 13:34
I downloaded it from psp-hacks and only thing I had to do was copy it to the root..
Anyway.. THE FORTRESS IS DOWN (2.71 if it's not obvious).

shrimpidy
July 14th, 2006, 13:52
how well does it work?

jwilds73
July 14th, 2006, 14:12
how well does it work?

It's the complete and fully functional 2.71 OS from Sony. It simply runs off the memory stick instead of being installed to the PSP. That means you can play all commercial games currently made and use all the current features of the 2.71 OS and run all Homebrew under 1.50 OS also. There is no risk of bricking your PSP because it doesn't install anything to the PSP. I just want to hear from all those impatient people that upgraded and insist that 2.71 was worth losing all Homebrew :rolleyes:

Lumir
July 14th, 2006, 14:42
Bahah this is just awsome, all games to date playable on 1.5 psp's what an achievment. Coupled along with the downgraders, now almost anyone can enjoy the full potential of PSP!!!

Next up ps1 emu, oh and isnt that full speed hle n64emu supposed to come out 2day?

hockey2112
July 14th, 2006, 15:03
Will this allow Daxter to be played on a 1.5?

sroon
July 14th, 2006, 15:24
Daxter works!
everything works!
also i like your sig!

Ichijoe
July 14th, 2006, 15:25

No but, it'll probably let you play it on an emulated v2.60 / v2.71 though... :rolleyes:

D0N
July 14th, 2006, 15:41
Woot! This is a brilliant day for those who downgraded thier PSP's and obviously all the people who have an original 1.50! :D Good work, keep it up!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 14th, 2006, 15:48
It's the complete and fully functional 2.71 OS from Sony. It simply runs off the memory stick instead of being installed to the PSP. That means you can play all commercial games currently made and use all the current features of the 2.71 OS and run all Homebrew under 1.50 OS also. There is no risk of bricking your PSP because it doesn't install anything to the PSP. I just want to hear from all those impatient people that upgraded and insist that 2.71 was worth losing all Homebrew :rolleyes:
YEAH bet they are really glad they upgraded LMAO man funny hehehehehe

Accordion
July 14th, 2006, 15:55
roll on 2.72 with absolutely no new features other than "enhanced security"(aka a new encryption)
either that or update files will start being signed to individual psps during the install, but hopefully that can be tricked as well...

PSPegasus
July 14th, 2006, 16:04
I'm having a little bit of trouble here. I've got the 2.6 firmware working, but DevHook still isn't loading 2.71. It still just goes black and shuts down after a few seconds. Have I missed a step? I've got the reboot.bin in the right folders according to the guide. And it can't be a bad decompressed file because it works on 2.6. Anybody got any ideas?

oninotsume
July 14th, 2006, 16:05
Has anyone been able to get Outrun (Pal) UMD to work? I've tried all kinds of settings, but to no avail.

If anyone got it to work, could you PM your settings. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

noeleyc
July 14th, 2006, 16:50
Try loading another UMD then quit back to the home menu, then try the Outrun disk. It worked fine for me then(Outrun 333mHz yay!)

Gamer8174
July 14th, 2006, 17:54
I have a feeling that they should have waited and released this for the firmware the psp emulator will be on. Im sure sony will try figure a way to block this. But who knows? It seems these days sony can do nothing to stop us.

Emeriastone
July 14th, 2006, 18:11
*Beautiful light shines down from the heavens*

Accordion
July 14th, 2006, 18:11
seeing as we have only got this far because of 2.6 kernal access, allowing the encryption to be broken. im thankful that 2.60 - 2.71 have the same encryptio n method, but now all sony have to do is make a new encryption method and were stuck again. i think that an exploit will be needed to gain internal access in order to break that, so it will be a long wait

eLAy12
July 14th, 2006, 18:40
Thanks alot....i've been waiting for this program since i first updated to 2.6

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 19:03
OK this emu works great for me but i just found something out. I was going to use one of mi file assist apps that i have on the psp. And now all mi file assist apps don't work. and I'm back to 1.50 mode I'm not in any higher firm ware when trying to use them. i re installed them and they still wont work what went wrong any ideas any one.:(

hockey2112
July 14th, 2006, 19:13
No but, it'll probably let you play it on an emulated v2.60 / v2.71 though... :rolleyes:

Hurr hurr, good one. Thanks for the valued input. I figured that the whole "emulating Daxter's required firmware" was assumed, since that is basically what this program does, right?

Daxter works!
everything works!
also i like your sig!

Thanks man, I appreciate the reply. I think it is time for me to go from 2.0 > 1.5 this weekend.

By the way, has anyone tried Street Fighter using this version of DevHook? I seem to remember there being some problems playing this game with DevHook... maybe it was that the sound didn't work right?

lilvietquoc
July 14th, 2006, 19:18
where did everyone find the decyrpted file
im tryin to get 2.71 but can find the reboot.bin
can anyone pm me a link or atleast give me what you searched for in google or whatever.

ok so i found it- but it has reboot.bin.enc and reboot.bin.gzip - which one do i use?

fistikuffs
July 14th, 2006, 20:11
A month ago none of this was possible if you were like me with a 2.6 PSP. Can you imagine how happy I am I now have a 1.5 homebrew compatible PSP with 2.7 emulation. Amazing. All the guys that helped to make all this possible deserve to be rich!!!:D :D :D :D

Sony please realize we all LOVE our PSPs so stop trying to kill this vibrant scene that has achieved things that you never thought was possible. Homebrew forever!!!:) :) :)

gotmilk0112
July 14th, 2006, 20:37
*a coulmn of light shines down on the psp homebrew scene*
;)

Festizzio
July 14th, 2006, 20:52
You know what's ironic, this was originally released as a tool for ISOs, UMD piracy in other words. But, it's actually the only reason I'm buying UMD games in the first place.:)

tophead420
July 14th, 2006, 21:39
this is like the greastest thing ever i found it on psp-hacks like a day before it was on here and the 2.7 fw i have is like so cool with a custom boot sound a boot vid and flash player an wma play back enabled finally my wma play back is ..back lol very great work on this guys and i cant wait for the new fw to come out so it can be cracked too lol keep it up and cant wait till the ps1 emu comes out so i can possibly play it on a 1.5 so sony will be even more pissed

doomex
July 14th, 2006, 23:47
222mhz why? can i play internet games on the psp, any change the psp be bricked with this?

samidgley
July 15th, 2006, 00:18
I agree, this is possibly one of the best things I've found for my PSP so far. It also makes me very glad that I never upgraded :P

stingdriver
July 15th, 2006, 02:26
Devhook 0.44

Congratulations to all who became it possible...

It really Works....Great job!!!

mog
July 15th, 2006, 02:50

Yakumo I know exactly how you feel.
I will never update either!
But I have the modchip sitting next to my psp right now, and I'm tempted to install it onto my 1.00.
Soldering it myself, the risks of PSP death is probably very likely...
I'm going to hold out as long as possible though... well until ff7cc is released!! :p

Yakumo, you still can't play your Untold Legends UMD?
I remember you said about it in a thread a couple of months ago.
I had the same problem with Lumines (requires fw 1.50; sxt/wab didn't work).
It was two months after I bought the game that someone told me how I could play it on 1.00.

The answer was... Devhook 0.22 !! -- The best loader we have so far.
Yes, you will have to play from a backup (I won't say the other word here, but it looks a little like the number 150 :p)

Have you seen this loader game compatibility list?
http://eazyx.ea.funpic.de/index.php?action=list&alpha=all
Scroll down the list, and take a look at Untold Legends... ;)

So for now, if you wanna play it on 1.00, the only way is through Devhook 0.22.

I hope that helps. :)

ACID
July 15th, 2006, 05:25
- If you boot DevHook with 222 MHz and then in the XMB using select + mode change "overclock" to 333 MHz (but not in the DevHook menu) then booting at 333 MHz shouldn't freeze anymore allowing you to run umds overclocked.

b8a
July 15th, 2006, 08:55
Woo Hoo! I haven't been this excited about the PSP since before it came out! 2.71 is a whole new world! Just spent a bit of time giving it a thorough test and, so far, everything works beautifully. Absolutely beautifully.

Loco Roco is simply gorgeous (does anyone know if this is cel shaded 3D? If not, the physics are phenomenal!) This is the first game I've seen for the PSP that's "wowed" me. While I've always been enthusiastic about the PSP, I didn't ever expect that to happen. Certainly showcases the massive gap in capabilities between the PSP and the DS.

Kazuo is addicting, but nothing homebrew can't do. Just a bit more polished. And it keeps going, and going... Is there an end to this demo?

Finally, the Flash player is solid. Rendering isn't as smooth (anti-aliased) as I'd like it to be, and we should be able to zoom in, but I was pleasantly impressed by the loading and playback speeds. It seems like Flash content actually loads faster than HTML content (although I haven't given them a proper head-to-head comparison), and playback is about as smooth as on my ten year old G3. Which is the machine I benchmarked Flash content on until about a year ago, so it's actually pretty decent. I loaded several different (simple) animations before I found one that started to lag in playback. The only major limitation I found was that it seems to have a problem loading external files. 71M's player has the same problem, only worse, so I suspect this may be a memory limitation, but I wasn't testing files that were large by any means. Oh yeah, it would also benefit greatly from more input than just the mouse click key. That's going to be annoying.

Now all Sony needs to do is give us proper PS1 emulation, and the PSP will finally have reached the level it should have been at launch time. Although, a file browser (instead of having to manually input every single file path) for the internet browser is sorely needed.

For the first time since I got my PSP, I'm going to be able to walk into a store, look at the games and not have to wonder "Which ones of these work on my system?" (!_!) Will probably only last for a couple of months max, but now I know, 100%, that all of the games that I want that are out now will work!!! By the time I'm able to get all of them (ha!), XMB emulation should progress far enough to yet again let me access ANOTHER back stock of games! Yee-hee (!_!)

Baboon
July 15th, 2006, 09:06
This version now works with my Datel hard drive... yipeeeeeeeee!

All my UMDs are running fine... GTA, Monster hunter, SFA3, Puzzle bobble etc etc.

Lovin it! :)

tophead420
July 15th, 2006, 14:41
ok i was just wondering why 2.5 will not work on this i have 2.6 and 2.71 on my psp and i wont 2.5 so i can use the gta cheatdevice and iits the only firmware that it works on with devhook so maybe sumone could help me out and i would really appreciate it if sumone would

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2006, 14:43
ok i was just wondering why 2.5 will not work on this i have 2.6 and 2.71 on my psp and i wont 2.5 so i can use the gta cheatdevice and iits the only firmware that it works on with devhook so maybe sumone could help me out and i would really appreciate it if sumone would 2.5 will work on this just fine:)

Or its supposed to anyway

tophead420
July 15th, 2006, 15:12
ok i think i may have found my prob i believe i was missing a few files in the kd folder and i just finished testing it as i was typing this it woks now i was missing file in the kd folder ok im gonna play gta now with the cheatdevive oooooo yeeeaaa i luv cheating lol and they said the cheatdvice wounldnt work on a 1.5 pffft yea riiiiggghhttt 1.5 psps are unstopable lol

linkandzelda
July 15th, 2006, 15:42
Hi i finaly got devhook 0.44 to load 2.71 firmware but i cant get the web browser to load it just freezes can anybody help me thanks

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2006, 15:43
Hi i finaly got devhook 0.44 to load 2.71 firmware but i cant get the web browser to load it just freezes can anybody help me thanks

To get the web browser to work you must be in 222 mhz mode ;)

linkandzelda
July 15th, 2006, 16:10
i just tried setting it to 222 mhz but it still freezes any other ideas? thanks

ACID
July 15th, 2006, 16:13
Do this it overclocked it for me.
- If you boot DevHook with 222 MHz and then in the XMB using select + mode change "overclock" to 333 MHz (but not in the DevHook menu) then booting at 333 MHz shouldn't freeze anymore allowing you to run umds overclocked.

linkandzelda
July 15th, 2006, 16:30
still dont work. ive tried all the mhz settings and it does not work on any of them i dont know what to do now. im emulating 2.71 for the flash in the browser and umds

10shu
July 15th, 2006, 17:12
Thoses anybody know what is the cpu speed while using psp menu?i ve try the flashplayer of the FW2.71 it seem to run everything i ve try but it s crazy slow...

I guest they run slowest CPU speed for the menu to save battery but anybody know a way to turn the cpu to 333 wile using the flashplayer...??

shadowhawk22
July 15th, 2006, 17:41
Anyone know how big the 2.71 firmware dump should be? My dump is like 17.8 megs, but I just wanted to check in with everyone else. Thanks for at least hosting Devhook info guys, even though I do believe the ISO program is legit and legal. I like to put all my games on 1 stick, cause I travel a lot! Thanks again!

Keep up the good work devhook, and dcemu!
Cheers,

linkandzelda
July 15th, 2006, 19:15
mine is 17.9 megs

shinysuitman
July 15th, 2006, 19:26
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nice!
this has just been one of those months that simply is awesome! ath the rate this is flowing, 3.0 emulation will be available before the actual update is released.

Negibozu
July 15th, 2006, 20:03
It went from turning off my psp to now being stuck after I press start with no error messages. I have Lumines in the UMD drive. Any steps that are particularly tricky/confusing that I may of made a mistake on? Last step says to replace the reboot, but theres only an msreboot in the folder.

Squidman
July 16th, 2006, 02:40
Ok, evry1 knows that 2.71 emulation is extremely buggy......but after a while it corrupted itself, meaning it created a bunch of unecessary files with names that's a bunch of squares and random shapes, i already fixed it, but next time it happens, i'll screenshot it and post it.....but it screwed it up beyond use, meaning it wuldn't load, no matter wut the heck u did

mog
July 16th, 2006, 03:29
For the first time since I got my PSP, I'm going to be able to walk into a store, look at the games and not have to wonder "Which ones of these work on my system?" (!_!)
Lol, I certainly know that feeling...
The first thing I do when I see a PSP game in a shop is to look at the side of the case to check the UCES/ULES code.
I've done this ever since getting Lumines, and wrongly thinking it was a fw 1.00 game.

Why check the numbers??
Lumines code = 00043 - it's fw 1.50 and only works with DH 0.22.
THUG2 Remix code = 00033 - it's fw 1.50 and works only with either DH 0.22 or SXT/WAB version trickers.
My other 3 games are 00002, 00012 & 00022, and all of these are fw 1.00 games.

Therefore, as far as I know, all the low number codes up to at least 00022 are fw 1.00 games .
And anything above 00022 is less and less likely to work on my PSP.
So I only buy games within or around this sort of number range...
I've seen and not really wanted just about all of them now. :(
It's annoying, but Sony don't seem to mind. :rolleyes:

If I could play newer games, there are atleast 5 games I would buy instantly right now, and thats atleast £120 worth of games.
Still, Sony don't mind... grrr! :p

Squidman
July 16th, 2006, 05:40
Lumines code = 00043 - it's fw 1.50 and only works with DH 0.22.
THUG2 Remix code = 00033 - it's fw 1.50 and works only with either DH 0.22 or SXT/WAB version trickers.
My other 3 games are 00002, 00012 & 00022, and all of these are fw 1.00 games.

That's useful info, that i did not know before......I just checked all my games that i have, and have been using DevHook to run on mi 1.5 PSP, and ur right!........all of mi games that are 2.00 have a higher number than 00022, all games that require no update are below 00010 or even more

i will use it wisely:p

mog
July 16th, 2006, 06:12
The game uces/ules codes give indication of roughly when the game might have been made, and therefore which firmware it is likely to require.

I haven't heard anyone else mention using uces/ules codes to tell which firmware versions are required by games.
So maybe it isn't a very reliable way to find out firmware version requirements?

You are on 1.50, so you should be able to play any game you want using devhook.
But please... anyone with 1.00 don't just buy games expecting them to definitely work on 1.00 just because of what I said. :)

Festizzio
July 16th, 2006, 06:59
The game uces/ules codes give indication of roughly when the game might have been made, and therefore which firmware it is likely to require.

I haven't heard anyone else mention using uces/ules codes to tell which firmware versions are required by games.
So maybe it isn't a very reliable way to find out firmware version requirements?

But please... anyone with 1.00 don't just buy games expecting them to definitely work on 1.00 just because of what I said. :)
Why don't you just upgrade to 1.5 and have all your problems solved?

kenthesexy
July 16th, 2006, 08:20
hi, i have dh, psp and DATA.psar files on my root of mem-stick, i went to psp and found devhook firmware installer in my game section, but it doesn't work. It says "The date is corrupted."

I have 2.71 in my psp.

i will appriciate if you give me comments about it.

Kramer
July 16th, 2006, 08:23
sorry to say but you cant run any homebrew on 2.71

PSPFR3AK
July 16th, 2006, 09:35
i want to know how sony will respond to us 1.5 users being able to play all umd games without upgrading
cheaper games

Accordion
July 16th, 2006, 11:55
if sales go up, then the price will remain the same, prices only go down to boost sales

MaxSMoke
July 16th, 2006, 16:04
Where is this Reboot.bin eveybody seems to have no problem finding??

I've looked through Google, and the links seem to be dead. I looked on the PS2 website, but they requite registeration, and I can't get registered there. It's been 2 hours and no registeration E-mail, I think they closed the site to new people.

I tried to decypt the stuff myself, but the reboot instructions say you are suppose to be in fw 2.6 to decrypt it, and clearly that's insane, because the whole idea is to use Fw 1.5.

I've been at it for 3 hours and I am at my wit's end. I can't find this reboot.bin anywhere. Can somebody help me??

Negibozu
July 16th, 2006, 18:57
I can normally find anything extremely easily, this took me about 2 hours to find. I'm not allowed to give you a link, and I'd give you it through email, although I don't even know if that's allowed.

[email protected] for any *easy* questions lol.

ENG
July 16th, 2006, 20:03
WOW, havn't been around here for a whil, this is great news

theglash
July 16th, 2006, 20:13
Hi all,
Have been trying to get this to work, but when I use devhock it switches off the psp when I press start (after selecting all the appropriate options), has it happened to anyone else? any ideas? Using tony hawks umd.
Cheers

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 16th, 2006, 20:40
Hi all,
Have been trying to get this to work, but when I use devhock it switches off the psp when I press start (after selecting all the appropriate options), has it happened to anyone else? any ideas? Using tony hawks umd.
Cheersu got the decrypted 2.71 firmware u need that to make it work dude....

theglash
July 16th, 2006, 20:51
I've extracted DATA.PSR from the 2.71 firmware and put it in the Root of the memory card, is that what you mean? or is there something else i've got to do?

Squidman
July 16th, 2006, 20:51

Well, i want to get the GTA game for the PSP, and the cheat device has some options that don't work with 2.6FW.....some "cooler" options that i want to use, wut ever, i'll find a way to get around it such as i have other things

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 15:52
Does any body know how to reset back to 1.50 without turning the psp off.

Squidman
July 17th, 2006, 19:53
Does any body know how to reset back to 1.50 without turning the psp off.

When u r running a UMD hit home, move over to yes, and hold up+X+L, and i think R also, but i'm not too sure on that on, but i just hold both and it works ne ways:D

BTW: do they still sell GTA without the 2.6 update on it?

linkandzelda
July 17th, 2006, 20:15
hi i got the web browser to work but it is realy slow and so is the flash player. it also keeps saying not enough memory.and i cant use wifi in 333mhz can someone help me thanx

jepong
July 17th, 2006, 21:47
Im a newbie with this thing and im lost. how do u do e dump thing n wer how to get the decrypted 2.60/2.71??? Haaa help me anyone is there anyway i can get a DevHook dats complete so i dont have to modify anyting? :(

gadgetman18i3
July 18th, 2006, 06:46
I'm having a little bit of trouble here. I've got the 2.6 firmware working, but DevHook still isn't loading 2.71. It still just goes black and shuts down after a few seconds. Have I missed a step? I've got the reboot.bin in the right folders according to the guide. And it can't be a bad decompressed file because it works on 2.6. Anybody got any ideas?

Same problem with mine. I mean, I'm content because 2.60 boots just fine. But I'd be really, really happy if I could get 2.71 working. I want to try that demo of Loco Roco...

Can someone please tell us what we did wrong? I've got reboot.bin in the right folders as well, with 2.60 in the 2.60 folder and 2.71 in the 2.71/kd folders.

SweetFA
July 18th, 2006, 07:29
Anybody who's struggling may like to type devhook 0.44 full into google

Elsid
July 18th, 2006, 11:36
sweet, this is all happeing too fast, must get a breather lol, seriously big thank you to who are involved in this breakthrough.

sirhax0r
July 18th, 2006, 12:15
Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee! I did it again!!
First the downgrader, and now this! I predicted the future!
Proof: See my posts...

gadgetman18i3
July 18th, 2006, 14:14
Anybody who's struggling may like to type devhook 0.44 full into google

Or you guys could just help us out and tell us what we did wrong. I followed every instruction perfectly... And I know my files have to be good because they're the only ones I've ever seen available. There has to be some step I missed or an instruction that wasn't clearly written. Like I said, I've got 2.60 working... I just can't boot into 2.71. And yeah, I have the correct reboot.bin files for both versions.

I could be wrong, but the version of Devhook available here on DC Emu is a UMD-only version, right? I'd really prefer to install the most legal version I can. I don't want to have anything to do with ISOs. Please help if you got the install working.

gadgetman18i3
July 18th, 2006, 14:53
w00t! I got my Devhook 0.44 working on 2.71. Finally!

For the life of me, I couldn't get 2.71 to boot with the instructions I read anywhere. So eventually what I did was find a full copy of Devhook 0.44 (can't provide the link). Then I cut and pasted the 271 and kd directories out of that release and pasted them into the UMD-only release.

Maybe some will see it as cutting corners, but it worked for me. It's Loco Roco time! :D

muaythai kadena
July 18th, 2006, 15:58
does anyone know the site where i can get the decrypted 2.60/2.71 dump? i have looked everywhere and could not find it. if you can reply, please email me at [email protected] thanks

dtothabreezy
July 18th, 2006, 16:11
loco roco spits hot fire in 1994 and dont hit the table it might skip skip i told u

Squidman
July 18th, 2006, 17:17
Im a newbie with this thing and im lost. how do u do e dump thing n wer how to get the decrypted 2.60/2.71??? Haaa help me anyone is there anyway i can get a DevHook dats complete so i dont have to modify anyting? :(

does anyone know the site where i can get the decrypted 2.60/2.71 dump? i have looked everywhere and could not find it. if you can reply, please email me at [email protected] thanks

For Jepong and Muaythai Kedena:
Go to www.psp-hacks.com
it has 3 different versions modded by different ppl, all 3 of them are the full version all u have to do is drag and drop the files. and yes, it comes with the decrypted 2.71, 2.60 comes with another version

hi i got the web browser to work but it is realy slow and so is the flash player. it also keeps saying not enough memory.and i cant use wifi in 333mhz can someone help me thanx

expect the browser to be slow because it's reading everything that u see on the screen (while emulating the firmware) directly off of he memory stick.

the flashplayer is the first of it's kind (from Sony) so expect that to be slow.

the flashplayer also won't load flash files bigger than 1.17MB (the largest that i've tested and gotten to work).

we've already stated how to run the wifi in 333MHz, all u do is after u connect to the network, hit HOME+SELECT, to change the CPU Speed

There ya go

BL4Z3D247
July 18th, 2006, 17:24
loco roco spits hot fire in 1994 and dont hit the table it might skip skip i told u
lmao, someones been watch the chappelle show: lost episodes :D

linkandzelda
July 18th, 2006, 18:39
thanks Squidman it worked

despoteuodia
July 19th, 2006, 01:01
the zip file has problems extracting, it says it cant extract certain files, and then i dont have the files to run dev hook.

F9zDark
July 19th, 2006, 20:43
This is amazing. Love this program already. Works great, but is anyone else having problems with 333 cpu speed?

ACID
July 20th, 2006, 00:37
When u r running a UMD hit home, move over to yes, and hold up+X+L, and i think R also, but i'm not too sure on that on, but i just hold both and it works ne ways:D

BTW: do they still sell GTA without the 2.6 update on it?
Are you using the newest release it doesnt work for me.:(

bizzy
July 20th, 2006, 05:34
im currenlty using psp v1.5 ...
and i have devhook 4.3 but i could not work my TEKKEN resurection ISO game working ???

load the devhook and my 1.5 turn in to v2.6 and then load devhook again and come up error said that " game might corrupted or something... \

is it this new version need UMD DISk to load the devhook together?

is that true>?? i haerd from someone???

Cooe14
July 20th, 2006, 05:43
and i have devhook 4.3 but i could not work my TEKKEN resurection ISO game working ???

load the devhook and my 1.5 turn in to v2.6 and then load devhook again and come up error said that " game might corrupted or something... \

is that true>?? i haerd from someone??? No ISO talk :mad: .

bizzy
July 20th, 2006, 06:28
*I always bann when someone brings up software piracy, Cause I dont feel they've read the rules...;)

This is your first and last warning, Dont break the warez rules again, Or you will be baned..
Reguarda, SP

tophead420
July 20th, 2006, 08:51
how do you get 1.5 fw to work on this id like to have it for testing apps and things that are flashed to the psp if this is possible so sumone please help me out

ACID
July 20th, 2006, 09:23

is that true>?? i haerd from someone???
Dude your new here just read the forum rules. No ISO talk. Erase it and ask the mods for forgiveness and you might get some sympatie.

mike22303
July 20th, 2006, 22:05
just a question about devhook .44 - - i installed fw 2.5 w/ devhook .44 and now when i look at the system settings it says its a 2.71...is that normal or what?? and nickname says psp GREG....i peviously tried installing the 2.71 with no luck because i didnt find the dump files....anyways just wondering if its normal

pumukitres
July 20th, 2006, 22:10
hi,please,pleaseplease help someone.on the steps that it says to take to have 2.71 firmware on your 1.5. where and how do you download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71. could you explain in more detail pleasereply.thanks??????????????

Squidman
July 21st, 2006, 04:17
hi,please,pleaseplease help someone.on the steps that it says to take to have 2.71 firmware on your 1.5. where and how do you download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71. could you explain in more detail pleasereply.thanks??????????????

Before ur PSP:
1) download the file using the link

2) extract the files inside the .rar u downloaded in the last step

3) drag and drop all the files into the memorystick (go into 'My Computer' and then put all the files there)

4) start up ur PSP, and select "DevHook 0.44"

Once in DevHook:
1) hit the circle button once in a black screen with white letters

2) select 2.60/2.71 under the firmware section (which ever u want but 2.71 won't run with a UMD in the PSP first)

3) enjoy teh awsome of the higher firmwares without having to update :)

That should be enough details for anyone to understand, the second section was really not needed.
I did this step by step, so you should find no trouble following these steps.

Squidman
July 21st, 2006, 04:26
Are you using the newest release it doesnt work for me.:(

I'm using 0.44 :) .......U must hold all the buttons (L+R+UP+X as a refresher) until u get back to ur 1.5 XMB Menu.

Squidman
July 21st, 2006, 04:37
Sorry for the tripple post (i don't know if it's against the rules) but DevHook 0.45 has been released, it supports more stability with 2.71 emulation, and a P.O.C. EBOOT running on 2.71, but what I meen by stability is u don't need a UMD in the drive to run it.

and for all the ***s who like braking the rules, no, i don't know about the ISO's.

LAMPRO
July 21st, 2006, 06:48
well i got it working- 2.71

cant believe it- first time since december ive seen a FW other than 1.5-

kinda cool, i have devhook.45 runnin right now with chaos Zero's Bleach pack installed. looks dope. cant wait to pop in a umd. wink wink.

Can anyone help me with whats hot on a 2.71 that i can do besides run the newer games? i wanna know wut the 2.71 is all about, and like i said, its my first time seein a fw other than 1.5 EVER.

Can i get my homebrew to work? Would love to know what to do now..

so when i make changes while in devhook, like a new connection network setting or change some displays like time and wallpaper, etc.. does that stay or do i have to redo it evry time i boot devhook? does devhook remember those changes/new settings?

Squidman
July 21st, 2006, 16:32
LAMPRO: it doesn't access the PSP's real flash memory for personal settings, but once you do create those settings, they're there for good, unless u delete them later

Just a little hint, if the RSS channel thing says it saves the channel, but nothing is in there, run disk check on the PSP and recreate the folder then start using the RSS stuff ;)

LAMPRO
July 21st, 2006, 18:06
where should the rss folder be and what should be in it?

what do u like about rss, what feeds do u have/like?

squid give me some other tips on whats hot on the 2.71: rss, etc..

thanks..

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 21:40

thanks..
There is flash support in the web browser.

LAMPRO
July 21st, 2006, 22:28
cooe14, that didnt address anything i asked.. got anything helpful??

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 23:19
cooe14, that didnt address anything i asked.. got anything helpful??
You asked what was hot on 2.71 and I answered.

Mylo
July 21st, 2006, 23:23
Hey all, first time here.

Excited at being able to have homebrew and latest games at the same time, but I'm hitting some difficulties.

I've followed the instructions perfectly (as far as I know) several times, with the package supplied here and the 'Full' package, but when I try to load 2.71 my PSP freezes, then turns off. Sometimes 2.71 loads, but upon reboot I get a nice message in every language under the sun saying my system settings are corrupt, press 'O' to restore. Reboots itself, and displays the same again.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

~M

LAMPRO
July 21st, 2006, 23:24
Cooe14, oh, i got it. Is there a site i can goto to find some hot flash games for devhook2.71emu?

what about that rss folder thing squid was tellin me? anything on that?

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 23:35
Hey all, first time here.

Excited at being able to have homebrew and latest games at the same time, but I'm hitting some difficulties.

I've followed the instructions perfectly (as far as I know) several times, with the package supplied here and the 'Full' package, but when I try to load 2.71 my PSP freezes, then turns off. Sometimes 2.71 loads, but upon reboot I get a nice message in every language under the sun saying my system settings are corrupt, press 'O' to restore. Reboots itself, and displays the same again.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

~M
Try using Chaos Zero's ultimate installer at www.psp-hacks.com . Then change the settings in the devhook menu to boot up the 2.71 firmware. And LAMPRO I have never used the RSS support.

Mylo
July 21st, 2006, 23:51
No joy, Cooe14, still same 'settings corrupt' error message, and the never ending rebooting.

~M

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 00:14
No joy, Cooe14, still same 'settings corrupt' error message, and the never ending rebooting.

~M
Go through all the settings and see that they are correct, and make sure that you have a UMD in your psp's drive.

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 00:52
Ok Cooe14, my settings are:

UMD Select - The game I'm trying to launch
UMD Mount - ISO anyumd
UMD Version - No change
Firmware - 2.71
CPU Clock - 222/111
Boot Select - Reboot XMB

I've experimented with a few other setings, but still havn't found a solution.

Am I cursed?

~M

Festizzio
July 22nd, 2006, 00:54
Ok Cooe14, my settings are:

UMD Select - The game I'm trying to launch
UMD Mount - ISO anyumd
UMD Version - No change
Firmware - 2.71
CPU Clock - 222/111
Boot Select - Reboot XMB

I've experimented with a few other setings, but still havn't found a solution.

Am I cursed?

~M
For UMD Version put 2.xx --> 2.00 and for UMD Mount select UMD Disc.

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 00:57
Wilco, Festizzio.

Doesn't work. Still telling me my system information is corrupt.

~M

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 01:00
Try changing the UMD version, or the UMD Mount settings. What game are you trying to run?

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 01:05
I'm trying to run Loco Roco.

Tried changing the UMD version and Mount settings, not working.

This error is persistant, and I don't like it.

~M

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 01:08
Is your dh folder in the root (The first section of your memory stick) of your memory stick? Try running it without loco-roco in the drive. Devhook works for me, so I really can't see the problem.

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 01:12
dh folder is in the root, got reboot.bin file in the 271 folder, etc.

Tried loading without UMd in the drive, still got the error.

:'(

~M

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 01:19
If you installed with the ultimate installer, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. My last thing would be to erase all the devhook files off your memory stick and then reinstall with the ultimate installer.

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 01:22
Ha, I'll have to try that in the morning. Too tired to think straight now ;)

~M

P.S., thanks for your help, I'll post if it works/doesn't work!

SweetFA
July 22nd, 2006, 10:50
Just installed DH0.45 which claims to support Homebrew launching from emulated 2.71fw.

The eboots have to be recompiled to work but there is a version of NesterJ that has been recompiled for this and it works a treat.

Incredible.

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 15:47
Woo, deleting and reinstalling worked!

Thanks for your help Cooe14.

Just need to get NesterJ and get homebrew working in 2.71 now, then I'll be a happy bunny.

Thanks!

~M

EDIT: How exactly did you get homebrew to work on 2.71 SweetFA? My snes emu won't load says data is corrupt. You say you used a version of NesterJ to recompile the eboots for the emulators, could you link me?

Thanks.

SweetFA
July 22nd, 2006, 16:20

Just need to get NesterJ and get homebrew working in 2.71 now, then I'll be a happy bunny.

Thanks!

~M

EDIT: How exactly did you get homebrew to work on 2.71 SweetFA? My snes emu won't load says data is corrupt. You say you used a version of NesterJ to recompile the eboots for the emulators, could you link me?

Thanks.
The emus need to be recompiled, you can't do it yourself unless you have the source code and a software development kit.

There's a NesterJ (NES emulator) that has been recompiled to work, google for it.

I don't know of any more yet, only a matter of time though.

Mylo
July 22nd, 2006, 16:23
Ah ok, well, just havta keep rebooting for the time being.

~M

Squidman
July 22nd, 2006, 18:53

thanks..

Ok, so i'm guessing that u haven't attempted to use the RSS yet. So to answer ur question it should be in the "SYSTEM" folder, since it's not going to be there (unless u did attempt to use it ofcourse) make a folder named "RSSCH", u can't add ur own things, it saves them a certain way.

well there's a program called MyTunes RSS, it basically turns ur iTunes playlists into an RSS feed, so u can download a 2Kb file and have 1000's of songs. the program is a little difficult to use, and there's something on the homepage about it. But i used the support email to get it working.

What else is hot? Well, u can run evry game in existence. Loco Roco. Flash in the web browser. new audio and video codecs. If u have the $200 piece of equipment, then u can watch TV. And then because all of the firmware is on the memorystick, u can edit the firmwares gameboot and sound, and some other stuff if u know how to.

LAMPRO
July 22nd, 2006, 19:14
i tried the rss and clikd the sample feed to see whats up, i guess it creates the folder at that point. the itunes feed sounds cool, ima look into that.. was looking for a radio feed via rss - is that possible? where can i find and enable rss feeds? its cool but i usually jus use my ipod for music and psp for vids and brew/umd- 2.71 DH has a bunch of new stuff for me to explore and after a couple days i cant express to anyone enuff how glad i am i never updated fw's. To emu 2.71 is cool, but it doesnt come close to the personal value i have on the 1.5. thanks squid for those notes and help.. stay cool homie. lol.

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 21:03

Thanks!

~M

Thanks.
NP hope you enjoy it :).

Stejefferies
July 22nd, 2006, 22:44
ok thats cool locoroco?
ill try it :)

gets boring after 7 hours of trying to go to sleep but thinking of nothing but moving the screen slightly more to the right.... :(.

Tehcpt
July 23rd, 2006, 04:09
Just checkin in a little problemo im having.

When i play Astonishia Story, it freezes for like 1 second everynow and then, its not major in a game that is turned based, and i dont have any action games yet, but just thought id throw this in here and see if anyone else is having this problem

zackforbing
July 23rd, 2006, 04:41
is there currently any way to get devhook on your PSP if you only have a mac (that doesn't boot windows)?

Squidman
July 23rd, 2006, 05:37
is there currently any way to get devhook on your PSP if you only have a mac (that doesn't boot windows)?

I'm pretty sure that u can, have u gotten other files on the PSP with this mac of yours? If you have, do the same thing that you did to put this on there, but then I don't have a mac and can't help you any more that that.:p

Just checkin in a little problemo im having.

When i play Astonishia Story, it freezes for like 1 second everynow and then, its not major in a game that is turned based, and i dont have any action games yet, but just thought id throw this in here and see if anyone else is having this problem

I've heard ppl say that they have problems while running UMD's through DevHook. But I myself have not had any trouble running UMD's through this app, that inculdes GTA and Daxter (just thrown' that out there cause ppl have reported problems).

i tried the rss and clikd the sample feed to see whats up, i guess it creates the folder at that point. the itunes feed sounds cool, ima look into that.. was looking for a radio feed via rss - is that possible? where can i find and enable rss feeds? its cool but i usually jus use my ipod for music and psp for vids and brew/umd- 2.71 DH has a bunch of new stuff for me to explore and after a couple days i cant express to anyone enuff how glad i am i never updated fw's. To emu 2.71 is cool, but it doesnt come close to the personal value i have on the 1.5. thanks squid for those notes and help.. stay cool homie. lol.

There is an app specifically built for radio (not rss), it didn't work for me, but that wus before I downgraded from 2.0 to 1.5 :)
I don't know if the links for the download on that app evn still work, but it's on the homepage on the right side of the page.

LAMPRO
July 23rd, 2006, 05:40
tanx squid

hey can u tell me about the usb mod for devhook?

Cooe14
July 23rd, 2006, 06:46
Yes; I have done it many times.

jamber
July 23rd, 2006, 06:46
thank you thank you thank you

Squidman
July 23rd, 2006, 17:42
tanx squid

hey can u tell me about the usb mod for devhook?

What do you want to know about it? I've used the screenshot mod, and that's installed the same way, so I can help ya there.

LAMPRO
July 23rd, 2006, 19:33
what do i need to get it up and runnin usbhostfs.. a lil tut maybe? and how does the screenshot work?

Squidman
July 24th, 2006, 02:16
Well, on www.psp-hacks.com theres' a modded version of 0.44, that has all the files required to run the screen shot and USB stuff......all u do is replace the files on the memorystick it's very easy to do, i evn did a little modding of my self and got it working on all emulated firmwares to date, so go there, find it, download it and just move the files onto the memory stick.

just post again if u have any trouble at all :)

ENG
July 24th, 2006, 12:55
Can i edit the font / gameboot on the emulated 2.71 firmware ?
Is there any chance at all, no matter how small, that this could brick my psp ?

Kramer
July 24th, 2006, 13:08
Can i edit the font / gameboot on the emulated 2.71 firmware ?
Is there any chance at all, no matter how small, that this could brick my psp ?

i dont think you can change the font but you can change the gameboot by going to E:/dh/271/flash0/vsh/resource then just put the gameboot in there
and theres no chance this can brick your psp

ENG
July 24th, 2006, 13:20
lol, i was just about to say i've managed to change the font to the GTA font, this is great, because it means i can change the font etc, without having to mess with the flash.

cartmandude14
July 24th, 2006, 22:15
seeing as we have only got this far because of 2.6 kernal access, allowing the encryption to be broken. im thankful that 2.60 - 2.71 have the same encryptio n method, but now all sony have to do is make a new encryption method and were stuck again. i think that an exploit will be needed to gain internal access in order to break that, so it will be a long wait

poeple with the u.p. modchip will decrypt firmware for us and the devhook programmers giving us access. :D

arcaderat22
July 25th, 2006, 03:20
i need help

SweetFA
July 25th, 2006, 03:31
i need help
If you're trying to launch homebrew from fw2.71 via devhook 0.45 it won't work unless it's been specially compiled by the programmer to work on that firmware.

To my knowledge only NesterJ the NES emulator has been compiled to create a version that works so far, any normal fw1.5 homebrew won't work.

Squidman
July 25th, 2006, 17:14
i dont think you can change the font but you can change the gameboot by going to E:/dh/271/flash0/vsh/resource then just put the gameboot in there
and theres no chance this can brick your psp

Just a correction to this, but everything that u see on screen, everything that the PSP can do, including button presses, is coming off of the PSP's firmware, so that inturn is coming from the memorystick, so basicaly if u have the tools, u can change anything u see on the PSP itself.

o and font is in "x:/dh/271/flash0/font"

throwin that out there for ya ;)

i need help

be a little more specific, is the homebrew on emulated 2.71 saying corrupted, don't mess with that right now. That's for developers.

or is DevHook on the PSP saying it's corrupted?

if DevHook is saying corrupted i'm guessing u came here because u heard "homebrew" and "on 2.71" but it's only if u can emulate it and recompile the homebrew itself, so go to the flash section and have fun playing the flashgames. or try recompiling the homebrew to see if it will run on 2.71, but it's a long a$$ process!

Kramer
July 25th, 2006, 17:54
yeah i just heard somewhere that there was something different with fonts on 2.71 and you couldnt change them or the xmb wouldnt show up properly

freedom31
July 26th, 2006, 00:02
edit: ok i got the installer on my psp but it keeps on saying i's corropt what should i do

freedom31
July 26th, 2006, 03:52
sry for double posting but some1 plz answer

Squidman
July 26th, 2006, 21:40
edit: ok i got the installer on my psp but it keeps on saying i's corropt what should i do

The firmware installer?.......pls tell me that u r using v1.5 firmware while trying to run this.

Pls be a little more specific here. Tell us wut firmware ur on, what firmware ur trying to install, and where did u get it.

yeah i just heard somewhere that there was something different with fonts on 2.71 and you couldnt change them or the xmb wouldnt show up properly

O hell no, i've been changing fonts like every day on 2.71, right now i'm on a resident evil font. It's stored in the same place, the PSP is being told to read it from somewhere, so if we find it, and replace the right file with the correctly named font (in the right format (.pgf)) then u can change it. U can evn change the default backgrounds that appear, yes evn those are being read from a spot on the flash disk.

and besides the font, wus the first thing that i changed, just so i culd mess with the flash as much as possible because u can't on a real 2.71 because of security issues.

pspbeer
July 27th, 2006, 02:15
I downgraded 2.5 to 1.5 on a used psp. I then switch the motherboard with a TA-082 because I had an external wifi attenna attached to the TA-082.

After the switch, the psp with motherboard 1.5 had no sound, disssemble and reassemble 2x, got same result, the 3rd time got sound. The problem was the memory stick slot, wifi and sound card was from the TA-082 board and is not compatible with the motherboard 1.5.

After the switch, the psp with the motherboard TA-082 cannot power-on, light would flash on for a sec and turn off, disassemble and reassmeble 2x got same result, the 3rd time broke the power connector by mistake and one of the speaker wire broke. Need to buy spare parts!! The problem here I believe is the memory stick slot, wifi and sound card was from the motherboard 1.5 board and is not compatible with the TA-082 motherboard.

Do not attempt to disssemle your psp as it is very tricky. Installing the wifi attenna is also very tricky.

The best way to get rid of dust under your psp is to blow hard with your mouth making sure you do not spit on it. Blowing on it gets rid of 99% of the dust. Make sure you blow and close the psp cover at the same time to ensure no chance of dust creeping in.

Do not buy air can duster as it is inaffect and freezes up the screen, could damge it or could hurt yourself with it.

Squidman
July 27th, 2006, 03:01
Y r u telling us this?

pspbeer
August 5th, 2006, 21:16
SONY PSP REPAIR PART-ABXY & POWER SWITCH CIRCUIT BOARD Get this it works!!

The person must have taken forever to package this, just shows you he/she was devoted to the business. So little profit but soo much work involved. The part was recieved in less than a week by airmail.

Makes you appreciate the money you have to afford a psp :( when other people work so hard just to make a few dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-PSP-REPAIR-PART-ABXY-POWER-SWITCH-CIRCUIT-BOARD_W0QQitemZ250015450948QQihZ015QQcategoryZ7555 6QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was also able to fix my wire speaker by soldering and melting the plastic end to the speaker, works perfectly.

hane84
August 6th, 2006, 12:50
I dont know y, but when use devhook 0.44, i cant find my access point. Was working fine with devhook 0.41b. Havnt changed any setting on my access point since the upgrade to 0.44. can anyone help please?

Maxdamantus
August 13th, 2006, 09:19
I can't seem to get this going properly, I'm trying to emulate 2.71, but when I start DevHook, and it tries to start running, it just shows a black screen for about 30 seconds, then the power turns off. I'm pretty sure I have all the files set up correctly... Or do I need to get some flash1 from some 2.71 PSP? I'm trying to use the flash1 from my PSP, that I copied using the DevHook firmware installer in the .rar, or if I need to use the flash1 from a 2.71 PSP, where would I be able to get it?

Help anyone?

brandnewnes
August 17th, 2006, 04:22
im looking to 'update' my psp where can i get firmware 2.6 and 2.71

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 04:36
I dont know y, but when use devhook 0.44, i cant find my access point. Was working fine with devhook 0.41b. Havnt changed any setting on my access point since the upgrade to 0.44. can anyone help please?
Make sure the CPU clock is set at 222 mhz ;)

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 04:37
I can't seem to get this going properly, I'm trying to emulate 2.71, but when I start DevHook, and it tries to start running, it just shows a black screen for about 30 seconds, then the power turns off. I'm pretty sure I have all the files set up correctly... Or do I need to get some flash1 from some 2.71 PSP? I'm trying to use the flash1 from my PSP, that I copied using the DevHook firmware installer in the .rar, or if I need to use the flash1 from a 2.71 PSP, where would I be able to get it?

Help anyone?
Give me your email and I can help you.