PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Halo 2d Alpha 2

MasterChafed
July 14th, 2006, 10:40
Well, here it is folks, the Halo 2d alpha 2. Not much to see here, except menu music, revamped healthbar, and an ammo system. I decided to release it like this because i didn't want people to have to wait for me to get back to work to enjoy it. So, enjoy.

p.s. i left all of the upcoming sprites in there as well, so you can get an idea of whats coming up ;)

HUGE HUGE THX TO PSPDEMON FOR ALL THE OVERNIGHTERS HE PULLED TO PRODUCE THE BACKGROUND THE HEALTH BAR, AND THE AMMO BAR. THX MAN. the rest of the people that have helped me are in the credits at the end of the demo, sry pspdemon for forgetting.

Gizmo356
July 14th, 2006, 11:50
nice master

Briggzy11
July 14th, 2006, 12:46
Well Done masterchafed...dead proud of you for producing this :D

ninja9393
July 14th, 2006, 18:19
sweet i like the health and ammo setup:D

Zeemon
July 14th, 2006, 19:54
If you'd like some help/ a patner for this game. Then just PM me. Good Job!

cooliscool
July 14th, 2006, 20:09
This is a good beginning for a game.. unlike another (2) "projects" here. :rolleyes:

Very nice masterchafed.

mesosade
July 14th, 2006, 20:10
i've been looking very forward to this ;)

Backtash
July 14th, 2006, 20:53
Nice game, But why wont you make halo 3D :P

euden
July 14th, 2006, 21:15
dunno if it's relevent but could you maybe give writeing a tutorial to make games like this?, i cant find any links to any good tutorials that teach you how to use sprites in a game and collisions, bullets's ect everything essential to make a game, if you could give me a few links to the source you learned from i would be greatefull

tophead420
July 14th, 2006, 21:23
lol im not a big halo fan but tis looks interresting ill download an give it a try

D0N
July 14th, 2006, 21:32
Great work MasterChafed! Keep it up!

Zeemon
July 14th, 2006, 21:52
dunno if it's relevent but could you maybe give writeing a tutorial to make games like this?, i cant find any links to any good tutorials that teach you how to use sprites in a game and collisions, bullets's ect everything essential to make a game, if you could give me a few links to the source you learned from i would be greatefull
http://www.evilmana.com

:)

acn010
July 14th, 2006, 21:55
looks cool!

vettacossx
July 14th, 2006, 22:11
loooking AWSOME BRO!!! :):):) im lovin it!!!

how 2 make an emulator ;)http://fms.komkon.org/EMUL8/HOWTO.html (http://fms.komkon.org/EMUL8/HOWTO.html)

kaisers guide to all that is good and all that is psp!!!
kaisers really good hb guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867)

PSPdemon
July 14th, 2006, 23:36
lol.........

dont forget to give me credit masterchafed, I did like 3 over nighters to make them graphics........ :P

Hope its just a mistake :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

MasterChafed
July 15th, 2006, 00:17
Woops, sorry man, i was in a hurry to push this release out.

vettacossx
July 15th, 2006, 00:17
thanx for spending your time on this promising peace of work pspdemon your my favorite modder bro ....i appreciate all you do for DCemu and the psp scene....MODDERS UNITE

PSPdemon
July 15th, 2006, 00:51
its okay.......trying to build a good portfolio and any work that i do really helps build it :D

btw....i notice in the screenshot....did you included the better version of the bk?..... just wonderin....

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

RedKing14CA
July 15th, 2006, 01:43
Halo 2D Story
The Spartan II Project headed by the UNSC armed forces goal was to recreate the Spartan Warriors of ancient Greece. The original Spartans trained from child hood, and the weak were outcasts, meant to die. The Spartan II Project would recreate the harsh, effective training method of the Greek Spartans, and perfect it with dangerous Physical Augmentation.
In the Year 2518, 75 children died in their sleep. Every one of them between the ages of 5 and seven. Every one of them the physically, and mentally strongest children in the human race.
Little did the world know of these 75 children’s brilliance and strength, save the UNSC. They had been selected for the Spartan II Project, kidnapped from their homes, and replaced with soon to die clones.
Seven years later, the in the year 2525, after seven years of harsh painful exercises, combat training, and deadly physical augmentation… The Spartan’s were given their first Campaign, at the age of 14.

RedKing15CA: I need to think of what the first campaign is and send it to Master_Chafed

Note- Main characters= Kelly 087, (Master Chief)à John 117, Will 043, and Fred 104.

edit- it seams short, and it is, but it wont be too short when its on your PSP screen before the game starts! (is this ok Master_Chafed, or is your game more like "PWNAGE, HEADSHOT, FRAGGING" style..?)

BrokenWing
July 15th, 2006, 02:50
Looks like it could turn out to be an awesome 2d shooter. Hopefully once this project gets way along, is there a chance for unlockable features? Maybe a playable flood, a very secret location for a scarab gun, Ability to select a gun to start with in a level once you beat it? Just think of the possibilities =)

Nasty Nate
July 15th, 2006, 04:03
a very secret location for a scarab gun
lol, ive gotten that so many time in the campaign, so much funthat would be hard to control in this game tho

Kaiser
July 15th, 2006, 04:16
Hmm i must have missed this release. Nice work Masterchafed, this game is progressing well, and as usual your art skills are showcased well in everything you touch PSPDemon.

Keep up the Great Work.

The_Lead_Factor
July 15th, 2006, 05:45
I take back everything I said last time....you really are working on this unlike other people making games in Lua. BTW its looking nice and the sprites look pretty good too.

BrokenWing
July 15th, 2006, 05:49
lol, ive gotten that so many time in the campaign, so much funthat would be hard to control in this game tho
lol, that thing took forever before I finally got the whole process down. I had to board the banshe right AFTER the game made the super short load point. Might be a little hard to control but it would bring a bit of Halo 2 "Glitching/secrets" into it too =)

It'd have to be really hard to get though lol.

MasterChafed
July 15th, 2006, 09:05
I'm really happy for this postive feedback, this really encourages me to keep working on it. thx guys

RedKing14CA
July 15th, 2006, 19:20
I'm really happy for this postive feedback, this really encourages me to keep working on it. thx guys

Good.. do it for the good of all of man kind!

chicks dig halo!!!!!!

and uhhh... all that!

So how did you like what ive come up with story wise?

vettacossx
July 16th, 2006, 00:25
im really looking foward to the next release im a HUGE pspdemon fan hes one of the biggest reasons vetta started modding ....a true ARTIST and modder in one amazing work!!! when can we expect the next release?

MasterChafed
July 16th, 2006, 00:49
whenever I get back to work, lol. Expect a huge announcement by Zion here soon, its gonna be great.

vettacossx
July 16th, 2006, 02:49
:0