PDA

View Full Version : Black Treamcast @ Success-HK

Darksaviour69
July 14th, 2006, 12:56
http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/DC-0209-L.jpg

Just a heads up to the collectors out there. Success-HK are selling Black Treamcasts with better resolution than the white version. Currently they are on sale for $180.65 (thats about £98)

Black Portable Treamcast (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SEGA_Portable_Treamcast.html?aff_id=28)

JKKDARK
July 14th, 2006, 23:09
wow, amazing. I wish to have one :)

cdrdj
July 14th, 2006, 23:39
Ahhh... If it were cheaper I would buy it right away. They must be making a big profit. I've seen DC's being sold for as low as $10 with average around $20 and I can't see how installation and LCD screen would cost over $150 or would it?

BudFern
July 15th, 2006, 02:43
Nice. That would be a cool item to put in my van. :)

SSaxdude
July 15th, 2006, 04:25
My second Dreamcast was $25 used at Gamecrazy, and my first one was from 9.9.99 so it was $200. I don't know if I would pay near $200 for a portable DC. I would rather just take my second one and get a portable tv for $100. Still looks cool.

JKKDARK
July 16th, 2006, 03:26
The Treamcast is legal or illegal?

THE#1SonicFan
July 23rd, 2006, 07:17
Well they are bootleg since they do have the Dreamcast hardware in them, so yes that does make them illegal. I ordered mine when it still showed the white Treamcast, I just had to ask for it at the bottom of the order form. I already knew about the black Treamcast way before Success-hk got them. Check out bearcity.com. They've had it up since the beginning of this year maybe before that. I've been e-mailing success-hk for some time asking if they would be getting them and when if so. I emailed them again just 2 days before they changed the picture to the black one and they told me its already available and all I and all I had to do was just state which one I wanted at the bottom of the order form. Since no one knew except me, I could very well be the first person in America to get one :)

Elven6
July 26th, 2006, 06:14
Why not just buy a Dreamcast from Sega parts? Atleast it would support Sega so we may see another console coming from them in the near future!

JKKDARK
July 26th, 2006, 17:11
Why not just buy a Dreamcast from Sega parts? Atleast it would support Sega so we may see another console coming from them in the near future!
Yeah, right. Also, the original Dreamcast has modem for PSO :)

Dull Blade
July 28th, 2006, 04:33
Man i would like one of these. but paying 150 for what i already have (normal DC) just doesnt seen right.

THE#1SonicFan
July 30th, 2006, 06:11
Man the Black Treamcast is so much better than the white ones. Much better resolution. Hardly any blur. No more of that 2 dark, 2 bright then going on anymore. Perfect color. the Headphones plugin isn't so far in so u actually plug any headphones. Plus its black, black beats white any day.

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2006, 13:41
Man the Black Treamcast is so much better than the white ones. Much better resolution. Hardly any blur. No more of that 2 dark, 2 bright then going on anymore. Perfect color. the Headphones plugin isn't so far in so u actually plug any headphones. Plus its black, black beats white any day.
Wrong. It is not better. Without modem, it is a shit.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
July 30th, 2006, 20:33
so since you got this new TC does that mean they are making new consoles now? If "Tega" is willing to make new TCs why cant they make a new BBA?

http://slashdot.org/games/02/08/25/0132227.shtml?tid=127

why cant they just jack the BBA parts or why cant they jack the japanese companies who made the 3rd party? link listed

Elven6
July 30th, 2006, 20:44
You know the news is from 2002 right

ßüboni¢ $oñic
July 30th, 2006, 23:16
yea i know its from 2002 but i know that company still exists and is willing to start back up the BBA with the right demand.