PDA

View Full Version : 4GB Hard Drive for $99 (Lowest Price for 4GB Storage on PSP ?)

wraggster
July 14th, 2006, 16:38
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-datel-4gbhdd-solus.jpg

Lik Sang have posted on their site that the 4GB Hard Drive is now on sale at US$ 99.90 (~54.20 GBP) and the 4GB Hard Drive + X2 Battery Pack is now on sale at US$ 119.90 (~65.05 GBP)

This is 47 Dollars cheaper than the Sandisk Memory Card on Sale at SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_SanDisk_Memory_Stick_Pro_Duo_4GB_w__Adapt or.html?aff_id=24)

More info/buy here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=8735&lsaid=219793

Uruz 6
July 14th, 2006, 16:43
They're obviously trying to rid themselves of those 4GB-things stock since soon 4GB MS will be out;
heh..

kcc86
July 14th, 2006, 17:02
datel got owned. decent deal though.

felonyr301
July 14th, 2006, 17:27
i wouldnt buy it memory sticks are so much faster and i heard problems with datels too.

SSaxdude
July 14th, 2006, 18:04
The "hard drive" seemed kinda obsoulete when it first came out. I remember seeing one of these for $230 at Best Buy, which is almost the same price as an iPod.

Uruz 6
July 14th, 2006, 18:07
I heard about problems with datel too besides once you attach something like that you can't say it's portable anymore.

SINIStER
July 14th, 2006, 18:37
They're obviously trying to rid themselves of those 4GB-things stock since soon 4GB MS will be out;
heh..
Sandisk 4gig is already out for $200...seen it at my local gameshop.

Uruz 6
July 14th, 2006, 19:35
Really? too bad where I live those sweety won't be out till september.. oh well there' still ebay :)

bandit
July 14th, 2006, 19:41
I just received the Datel Max Media Dock. I should have a review of it soon. I'm using my own 4GB Hitachi Microdrive. Writing to the HD is pretty quick. Faster then copying files onto the memory stick. It took me about 1 min to copy 14MB of files onto the HD then it did with the memory stick (used Sandisk).

As for portability, yes it defeats the purpose ONLY if you use cases such as the PlayGear Pocket because it wont fit. I use my Waterfield Mini Pouch to store my PSP and Max Media Dock and I can carry it comfortably

RedKing14CA
July 15th, 2006, 00:33
The datel HDD isnt an EXTREME portability problem... It IS anoying... the main problem is most good homebrew wont run off of it, and transfer rates are MUCH slower than Memory Stick... battery life is sucked, but if you use the X2 it came with it still lasts longer than standard PSP battery with memory stick....

It is ok for music, but not when trying to pick a certain song, it takes like 20 seconds for it to come up with the name, and WHILE its coming up with the FRIKKAN NAME OF THE SONG the song you are playing skips HORRIBLEY!!!

Datel HDD = DONT BUY (unless its for like 25$-30$ or you trade a 512MB or 1GB memory stick for it)

drew4237
July 15th, 2006, 00:56
i got one of these when they were 220 at bestbuy but i have regretted it ever since i havnt used it that much cause i had a 1gb i had put a movie on it but it skipped too much o watch it and it was just way to slow for everything else.

RedKing14CA
July 15th, 2006, 01:03
i got one of these when they were 220 at bestbuy but i have regretted it ever since i havnt used it that much cause i had a 1gb i had put a movie on it but it skipped too much o watch it and it was just way to slow for everything else.
I feel your pain.. but i have no 1GB im stuck with the 4GB (say, dont i know you? LOL)

wazzal7
July 15th, 2006, 04:53
when i got this piece of crap, i was really excited. luckily i got it as a christmas present, so i didnt have to pay my own money for it!
let me say, this is the WORST psp memory thing. i left it on my psp since december, playing it on and off, and one day, a wanted to play a umd game, so i put one in the disk drive and it wouldnt boot up! so, i looked at it and realized the hd broke my disk drive!!! a few days later i tried playing some homebrew, and the damn hd would make clicking noises and wouldnt work. so, i took it apart and tried to fix it with my masterful skills, and it kept doing the same thing!! ever since, i have been trying to stay away from it because it really makes me pissed!
So, if you are getting this for long time use, get a memory stick instead. dont worry about the few less dollars you have to pay, because it's NOT worth it.
And getting to the general problems with it, do not use this for looking at photos. it is extremely SLOW. This goes for music, some homebrew, and of coure, large videos. the videos, even with some short ones, get out of sync with the sound, and skip around too.

So, overall, DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK!!! I can't stress that enough!!!
My rating. 0/1000000000000
This product sucks so much!

----Later, I am going to return my psp since i bought a 2 year warrenty(lucky me!) and maybe get a nds just to take a break from the psp scene for a couple years. good-bye. I liked my stay while it lasted.

The_Lead_Factor
July 15th, 2006, 05:42
The datel HDD isnt an EXTREME portability problem... It IS anoying... the main problem is most good homebrew wont run off of it, and transfer rates are MUCH slower than Memory Stick... battery life is sucked, but if you use the X2 it came with it still lasts longer than standard PSP battery with memory stick....

It is ok for music, but not when trying to pick a certain song, it takes like 20 seconds for it to come up with the name, and WHILE its coming up with the FRIKKAN NAME OF THE SONG the song you are playing skips HORRIBLEY!!!

Datel HDD = DONT BUY (unless its for like 25$-30$ or you trade a 512MB or 1GB memory stick for it)
You have a 1.50 :D......Thats why the song loads slow and skips, 1.50's read off the HD very slowly.

The_Lead_Factor
July 15th, 2006, 05:43
when i got this piece of crap, i was really excited. luckily i got it as a christmas present, so i didnt have to pay my own money for it!
let me say, this is the WORST psp memory thing. i left it on my psp since december, playing it on and off, and one day, a wanted to play a umd game, so i put one in the disk drive and it wouldnt boot up! so, i looked at it and realized the hd broke my disk drive!!! a few days later i tried playing some homebrew, and the damn hd would make clicking noises and wouldnt work. so, i took it apart and tried to fix it with my masterful skills, and it kept doing the same thing!! ever since, i have been trying to stay away from it because it really makes me pissed!
So, if you are getting this for long time use, get a memory stick instead. dont worry about the few less dollars you have to pay, because it's NOT worth it.
And getting to the general problems with it, do not use this for looking at photos. it is extremely SLOW. This goes for music, some homebrew, and of coure, large videos. the videos, even with some short ones, get out of sync with the sound, and skip around too.

So, overall, DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK!!! I can't stress that enough!!!
My rating. 0/1000000000000
This product sucks so much!

----Later, I am going to return my psp since i bought a 2 year warrenty(lucky me!) and maybe get a nds just to take a break from the psp scene for a couple years. good-bye. I liked my stay while it lasted.
Ive never had any problems with it and I got it as a gift the week it came out.....So keep your personal experiances out of this.

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 06:46
Well.. I don't think I'll ever buy it because:
1) It's bulky!!!
2) Seems like there were problems (ok , not everyone had problems but still..).
3) I really want to keep the psp PORTABLE (guess it's a matter of whetever the user can stand the bulky thing or not).

stotheamuel
July 15th, 2006, 07:37
i almost bought it ....damn

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 15th, 2006, 08:54
just not worth it, it's ugly, it's fat, it's slow and it's just crap!!!!!!!!

Video_freak
July 15th, 2006, 11:48
just not worth it, it's ugly, it's fat, it's slow and it's just crap!!!!!!!!

thats pretty much the description of the worst women in the world! :)

DarkworldPrince
July 16th, 2006, 01:37
I can remember everyone defending it when there was no other huge storage option. 2gb cost just as much as the 4gb drive, so it was decent option for most. I saw it that way, and I bought one... urgh... I can't stress how bad it was. In bookr, it took a book 40 seconds to load... where it took less than a second with my 1gb stick (I now have a 2gb and a 4) and I won't even go into how bad booting up any isos for cd based emus was. I had it a day, and then flogged it on ebay to some other poor sod.

back to the point.

AVOID BUYING THIS

vettacossx
July 16th, 2006, 18:00
i had one of these ( well still have) and it sucked lasted like three months and two of the ten wires leading to the card from the drive broke now i have to have it fixed and hope it works :(

shenske37
July 18th, 2006, 02:21
they simply aren't worth it!

big, bulky, slow and there is nothing good about the transfer cable. Two of my friends have bought one and they both broke within a couple months.

its defianately a better alternative to buy a memory stick, the price seems to drop more and more everyday. i got a 2 gig Sony stick (its real) for $65 after shipping in april (pricegrabber).