PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware - The proof of concept

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2006, 13:35
Umm hi. this not some joke, This is the proof of custom Firmware concept By Dark Alex. Theres so much to be said about this, That ill let the readme tell you, However, Know that You risk Bricking your psp If you try this, There have been many success stories with this tho,

Some features that this can do are.

Execute normal pbp's (1.00 ones, no-kxploit)

meaning you wont need to have 2 folders in your PSP/GAME folder to make homebrew run.

hide corrupt icons. (it's not enabled, look at the file /PSP/SYSTEM/config.txt to see how to enable this feature)
So, even if you still have the two folder homebrew setup. you can still hide the corrupted icons.

skip the gameboot logo at startup.
Very useful feature
Recovery mode:". Hold R while starting your psp, will boot Recovery mode.
Recovery mode is not more than a simple application that will let you to use the usb, and execute a program under ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP, that could be, for example, a sony updater or the 1.50 -> 1.00 downgrader

This allows you to recover potential bricks caused by the writing of bad fonts /videos/sounds... to flash.
( This wont let you recover critical things like overwriting prx file in flash)

With this, you may have a chance to unbrick your PSP, if the brick was caused by writing bad fonts/videos/sounds the flash. (Again this wont allow you to recover things like overwriting The prx files)

Autoexecution of a program at the startup. See the configuration file at /PSP/SYSTEM/config.txt to see how to use it.

To install this Just unzip and copy the psp folder on to your memstick, And click yes on any overwrite warnings.

access the file "config.txt" in PSP/SYSTEM with notepad , to do any changes that need be with this mod later.

This is a pretty user friendly program so other then these things you will know what to do once you get there :cool:

Again, All I have to say is, Try this at your very own risk, Know that you do run a risk of bricking your psp by trying this!!

Download and try this at your own risk, Leave Feedback Via Comments Below

Zion
July 15th, 2006, 13:42
Cool, cant wait for the full release :D

snkrock25
July 15th, 2006, 13:58
wtf... coders go nutz in the summer :eek:

fan-freakin-tastic!

surprised im an early post, but i cant wait til all the great psp appz get combined into a firmware!

tophead420
July 15th, 2006, 14:04
hmmm exactly what is this im a lil confused is it like for firmwares with custom bootsounds and gameboots and it can or could unbrick a psp if u mess up i hope what i said is right becuz iv been working with gameboots and bootsounds for three days now on my devhook firmwares but no luck with boot sounds on the devhok fw and i hope mentioning bootsounds a gboots dont get me in trouble lol

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2006, 14:08
hmmm exactly what is this im a lil confused is it like for firmwares with custom bootsounds and gameboots and it can or could unbrick a psp if u mess up i hope what i said is right becuz iv been working with gameboots and bootsounds for three days now on my devhook firmwares but no luck with boot sounds on the devhok fw and i hope mentioning bootsounds a gboots dont get me in trouble lol

Mention of gameboot's and boots sounds is prefectly fine, Basicly what this is, is custom firmware, you can now flash your psp firmware and tweek it with custom options, (in a nut shell thats what this is)
Still as with any firmware flash, you run the risk of bricking your psp, so caution is advised:)

tophead420
July 15th, 2006, 14:21
ok i was just wondering bc id like to have the custom bsounds an gboots but i dont really wanna risk my psp but maybe this new concept will lead to a solid recovery system for those who do brick there psp and btw this is a lil off topic but could sumone help me out with putting custom boot sounds and on my devhook fw bc im totally clueless im sure its the file called opening_plugin.rco but when i rename the bsound for ex. a bsound called imrichbiotch.vag to opening_plugin.rco it wont work so cud sum1 please help me out and sorry for getting off topic but iv been looking for days on info about this but im having no luck so far

oooo sweet my 100th post im a rookie now lol:D :D :D :D :D :D

tiranofice
July 15th, 2006, 14:22
so, is this firmware still using the xmb menu, or is it an nice one, with special high resolution design?

jaws365
July 15th, 2006, 14:22
any chance of getting the Macintosh chime on startup?

mog
July 15th, 2006, 14:23
IMPORTANT: "this thing only works for 1.50"

Hopefully when someone makes a full version it will run on 1.00, not just 1.50...

- Posibility of skipping the SCE logo at the startup. (and in this way avoid the annoying auto-execution of the UMD)

I like the sound of that!
No more stupid UMD autorun on PSP startup, I can't wait for a fw 1.00 version. :p

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 14:25
I sound like the coder for it actually so sorry but errr what else do you think dark_alex could do with this? Personally I think this will really grow to be big!!! EVEN the PS1 Emulator could be done on this now

But what firmware number will this be?

jaydee73
July 15th, 2006, 14:45
Mog it is unlikely this will ever run on 1.00 firmware....as you've already been told on another forum.

Why do you need this to run on 1.0 firmware when this custom 1.5 firmware allows you to run 1.0 homebrew? Just update to 1.50 and apply this change and you don't have to go through the pain of having to convert your eboots. And you can start using the newer version of devhook as well!

I'm running this and can confirm that the support for 1.0 homebrew works as does the disc skipping if you disable to sce logo.

It's great :)

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 14:52
In a few days we got to emulate 2.71 firmware and now this..
I'll be waiting for a more safe release, keep up the good work!!

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 15:05
Its because of Dark Alex we have all this really as well as the other dedicated coders that have worked worked with him, This is going to be huge within another week, pretty soon we will be able to turn the PSP into a wardrobe the way this is going lol

Harshboy
July 15th, 2006, 15:09
This could become the best firmware ever released! Its already satisfied me, but i think we could add to it. My thoughts are:

All Game support (upto 2.71)
Web Browser
All video Codecs supported

That will make the ultimate PSP. We could also customize other things such as backgrounds, and bootup sounds....heck even the icons for the menus.

(I know X-Flash would work, but not with this, maybe...idk)

Anyway, this is awsome:D

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 15:09
I'm sure within a month our PSPs will start making coffee..

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 15:10
This could become the best firmware ever released! Its already satisfied me, but i think we could add to it. My thoughts are:

All Game support (upto 2.71)
Web Browser
All video Codecs supported

That will make the ultimate PSP. We could also customize other things such as backgrounds, and bootup sounds....heck even the icons for the menus.

(I know X-Flash would work, but not with this, maybe...idk)

Anyway, this is awsome:D

I totally agree with you, forget sony's firmwares now, customs firmwares are the future for us gamers

EDIT :- Actually for anybody reading this, best not to use X-Flash if you install this for the obvious reasons of bricking your PSP (Unless you wanna try out recovery mode lol)

URUZ above hahahahahah too true m8...

the one and only
July 15th, 2006, 15:36
hey does the kxploit still work? i really cant be bothered converting my eboots

stef2627
July 15th, 2006, 15:45
Will i be able to update my firmware?with the recovery mode...I got a semi bricked psp(see thread here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=156077#post156077 )
with this program?

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2006, 15:47
Will i be able to update my firmware?with the recovery mode...I got a semi bricked psp(see thread here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=156077#post156077 )
with this program? If your already bricked, Theres no harm in trying the recovry mode :cool:

SSaxdude
July 15th, 2006, 15:53
I hope there will be full 3.0 support in the future, and then there could be a way to trick the firmware into thinking Playstation *edit are really the ones you have to pay for.

*edit By sp. I really thought you would have known better. This is your first and last warning about iso talk, Its not permited here. Break this rule again, And you will be banned.

firedragon_jing
July 15th, 2006, 16:04
I used the WAB version changer and made my PSP think it's 2.00, will that affect anything? I really don't want to brick my PSP, and I would have to find the program to turn it back.

ACID
July 15th, 2006, 16:10
Man the progress and coding of Dark_Alex is great cant wait for the full release.

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 16:19
hmmm I was expecting this topic to be very popular...

...And it should be, this is not the best hack so far but a hack to definately watch

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 16:27
I wonder when will we see a full version (if the coders are reading this, take your time I was just wondering).
Anyway anybody who tried this can post how things work/look on this custom version?

Ichijoe
July 15th, 2006, 16:35
To thoughs wondering I thoght that this was a converterd v1.00 Firmware.

As for v1.50 well I'm guessing One would need to start off with this in order to do the Downgrade to this modified Firmware in the first place...

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 16:36
nah remember you need a v1.5 to use this upgrade, I am gonna give it a go now and review it for you :D

stef2627
July 15th, 2006, 16:37
ok I'll try(I don't have a card reader to put it in psp) but I hope this works...Can't wait for the full release!

YourStillWithMe
July 15th, 2006, 16:39
having the 1.00 eboot support is realy what has gotten me pumped here helps me organize my eboots better and this program offers us little compared to what devhook has done Dark_Alex is my favorite coder as of now due to his dedication to the scene ZX has also done so much for us in such a little amount of time. I won't use this i think though because i dont want to risk flashing my psp 493240439 times to just have neato features that aren't 100% nessecary.

quick edit-yah if you guys could post your results for you daring people, that would be cool. Regards

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 16:44
Ok it took 30 seconds to install and allows you to load up homebrew without this kexploit thingy in other words you dont need 2 folders on GAME for a homebrew application. The menu is exactly the same and the version number is still v1.5. The recovery mode i will not try as i have no problem with my PSP but I may have to use it soon knowing me haha.

Either way it will probabily evolve into a much better firmware very soon :D

EDIT:- Sorry for this bad review, just wanted tell people what to expect but the eboot sorting is so much easier now :D

Combustolux
July 15th, 2006, 16:46
this is quick and painless, though not many features you can disable the auto booting of the umd!

NoQuarter
July 15th, 2006, 16:58
wonder if we can test drive this with devhook?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 15th, 2006, 17:03
im scared of you Dark Alex, are you sure you're ok, i think he turned into a hacker freek geek, just kidding lol XD. brilliant keep it up!!!!!

Sir Fritz
July 15th, 2006, 17:10
hey, i was just wondering. Since i have a semi bricked (corrupt gameboot) psp wich thinks it has firmware 9.99, could it be possible to make an updater with wich i could update my semi bricked psp?

i don't really expect this to be an option, but hey, who knows?

stef2627
July 15th, 2006, 17:11
does it need to be run first?Because I can't get in the XMB...only boot 1.5 and 1.0 games...

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 17:12
hey, i was just wondering. Since i have a semi bricked (corrupt gameboot) psp wich thinks it has firmware 9.99, could it be possible to make an updater with wich i could update my semi bricked psp?

i don't really expect this to be an option, but hey, who knows?

Can you just download X-FLASH and replace the 9.99 spoof with the original settings by pressing circle on the X-FLASH menu???

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 17:14
does it need to be run first?Because I can't get in the XMB...only boot 1.5 and 1.0 games...

errr just put the files into your GAME folder and run them from the memory stick as you would on any other homebrew. Remember you need a v1.5 PSP :D

Sir Fritz
July 15th, 2006, 17:14
no i can't, cause i cannot access games or homebrew. My psp freezes during the frickin gameboot:mad:

i guess i'm just an arse:p

stef2627
July 15th, 2006, 17:27
thats right I have the same problem...cannot enter XMB...

jOeBrO
July 15th, 2006, 17:33
hey guys! great news! :D

i had a fully modded 1.5 with a different gameboot and everything, i just ran the custom firmware proof of concept and....

everything stayed modded and the features of the custom firmware were added!!

migsgiz
July 15th, 2006, 17:50
hey guys! great news! :D

i had a fully modded 1.5 with a different gameboot and everything, i just ran the custom firmware proof of concept and....

everything stayed modded and the features of the custom firmware were added!!

yhea me too, it's great
thank god i put my eboot that i converted with pspbrew away, and they all work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drew4237
July 15th, 2006, 18:13
can u still run devhook on it cause otherwise i dont want it?
i have gta which requires 2.0 and socom so i would still need devhook.

BrooksyX
July 15th, 2006, 18:20
can u still run devhook on it cause otherwise i dont want it?
i have gta which requires 2.0 and socom so i would still need devhook.

everything works like it used, now you have the option to load regular eboots and a few other things.

I sure hope dark_alex has some more things up his sleeve for the days to come11

grit
July 15th, 2006, 18:27
Dark_Alex rules!

I wonder what Update file should one put in the GAME/UPDATE folder to use in recovery mode?
Must it be the 2.00 one, or the 1.50->1.00 downgrader?
Or the 1.50 updater can be started? (since FW still identified as 1.5 I guess it wont work..)

carpy
July 15th, 2006, 18:34
any chance of getting this for us poor TA-082 2.6 owners?

kyle2194
July 15th, 2006, 18:35
I love this! It works perfectly! When i boot up my psp its in teh irshell menu withen 5 seconds!

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 18:43
It's possible? I mean to load the Ir shell directly at the start-up?

M-Lin
July 15th, 2006, 19:00
can you still run 1.5 kxploit as well as no-kxploit?

RemixUnlimited
July 15th, 2006, 19:07
Awesome.

shinysuitman
July 15th, 2006, 19:23
this is looking like a great concept! (did anyone else have flashbacks of the downdater and automatically think BRICK!!!?) whew, that was a long day. anyways, this is showing some great potential, and some inovative ideas that sony should have put in themselvs (the recover mode and such)

now i know its easy enough to do on your own, but one of the things that i would like to see is the ability to set your own wallpaper just like in 2.xx+fw. somethin stupid, but it does add to the flavor of the psp to have something other than a solid color, and its a lot nicer to use the menu, than a program that goes into the flash to do it.

drew4237
July 15th, 2006, 19:57
i would like to try this but i dont want to brick my psp im sure there isnt any problem if u do it right but it isnt like i need any of the fetures. i use organize so all of the corrupted files are at the bottom of my homebrew list and i dont usually go that far down on the list

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 19:59
So I've done it :) and it worked alright I can tell because I've removed the logo and auto-umd start-up, but I didn't get how to make it load IRshell when I turn the psp on.
HELP ME how do I do it?

Mew
July 15th, 2006, 20:01
I just flashed my psp! No brick, awesome custom firmware concept!
You should give it a try! :)

stotheamuel
July 15th, 2006, 20:23
heres a problem i thought of...what do you do with stuff that is 1.5 eboots... and has been developed... for the ME...? If i use the 1.0 eboots on my 1.5 (now is possible) i wont get the same quality.....

Can you play both with this?

Mew
July 15th, 2006, 20:33
Yeah, I can play 1.0 and 1.5 eboots both

Sterist
July 15th, 2006, 21:02
i have a semi-noob qstn, and really look forward to a reply

will this run the update eboot even if u been spoof'd to say 13.37? :)

Sir Fritz
July 15th, 2006, 21:28
i have a semi-noob qstn, and really look forward to a reply

will this run the update eboot even if u been spoof'd to say 13.37? :)

i would really like 2 know that 2(if ofcourse the file is being transformed to an regular updater, don't know if that's possible)

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 21:53
So, I get most of the features but how do I use the autoboot thing? send me a PM or post PLEEEEEASE

Mew
July 15th, 2006, 22:14
So, I get most of the features but how do I use the autoboot thing? send me a PM or post PLEEEEEASE

delete in the config the # before ONE of the autoboot = and use it!
(be sure to have the right path to your eboot!!)
That's it! :)

@13.37 sppof
I wasn't sure about it, so I restored it via X-Flash and changed it again to 13.37 after installed the custom fw

Uruz 6
July 15th, 2006, 22:25
That's right I had forgot to delete the #, how dumb of me;
Anyway thanks man!!

Kvonx
July 15th, 2006, 23:06
good work dark alex:p ...........i think that i'll try it now

NeoXCS
July 15th, 2006, 23:07
I'd try it if it were more useful at the current time. It's definitely an amazing concept and I hope it developes into something spectacular! Good luck on a full release dark alex! :D

pakkman781
July 15th, 2006, 23:20
Worked great for me! It's great that I don't have to worry about removing the UMD anymore before cold boot :D I hope more features come soon!

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 15th, 2006, 23:28
can i use this on an already partially bricked PSP? because i accidentally installed a corrupt gameboot and i dont know if this can fix it

SweetFA
July 15th, 2006, 23:47
Has anybody else had problems with devhook 0.44 after installing this?

I get it crashing on fw2.71 launch.

shrimpidy
July 15th, 2006, 23:52
this is a bit off topic but is there any chance that there is going to be a downgrader fur 2.71? I feel like an idiot fur upgrading because i underestimated the power of the hombrew world and thought it would be best to upgrade.

brew123
July 16th, 2006, 00:06
Has anybody else had problems with devhook 0.44 after installing this?

I get it crashing on fw2.71 launch.

If Devhook isn't working then I don't want to risk flashing my PSP

jOeBrO
July 16th, 2006, 00:10
my devhook works flawlessly

M-Lin
July 16th, 2006, 00:10
I had a problem with Dev Hook - then realised I had 32 k (yes that's K) left on my 4gb card - I deleted a couple of songs and now all is well...amazing

Could anyone recommend some prx's for the custom FW? I want it all!

SweetFA
July 16th, 2006, 00:12
FALSE ALARM :o
On further investigation it's having the UMD in that crashes DH it seems.

I'd not had my FIFA UMD in before as i didn't want it booting up on reboots, i installed this custom firmware and selected the NotBootUMD option and put my UMD in and when i launched DH it crashed.

Taking the UMD out it works as before.

Does DH always crash if it boots up with a UMD in or is there a setting i need to do?

SweetFA
July 16th, 2006, 00:13
my devhook works flawlessly
Does it crash if you have a UMD in?
It does for me with FIFA Soccer in.

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 00:16

i havent tryed the fw mod but i had trouble getting 2.5 to load on dev hook v44 try reinstalling the fw or check to see that all the fills are the proper places then it sud work

and i see this is getting alot of attention im gonna wait for a full release before i try it and maybe by then it will have more feature in the program and having 1.00 eboots sounds so much easier the looking through several GAME and GAME% folders becuz sumtimes it is very annoying when you cant find a file for all the folders and disabling the auto start of umds sounds nice to becuz i h8 it when i cold boot my psp and forget a umd is n the drive and it starts witout me wanting it to and its good to see this and ill wait for a solid release becuz when i seen the down dater beta5 i think it was i used it before the final release and im not really wanting to risk my psp again lol but it was well worth it and btw its good to see dark alex getting the respect he deserves he is proving himself to be an exellent coder and keep up the good work dood :D

whitey75
July 16th, 2006, 01:12
The best would be if if we could start with 2.71 as the base and modify it to run 1.0 and 1.5 EBOOTS.

Awesome idea, now we are really starting to think in the right direction!

I agree on the wallpaper thing for 1.5, that is my biggest gripe of all with this firmware. I know there are programs around that copy in bmp's but these stuff up ur icons, and are more tricky to install.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Kvonx
July 16th, 2006, 01:28
who haven't tried it..........TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u r scared u can unflash it theres a program out at qj.net its cool i haven't heard of any bricked psp yet :)

Kramer
July 16th, 2006, 01:59
cool this works great now i dont have to use nokxploit anymore

the one and only
July 16th, 2006, 02:11
lol i am still using it, i dont want to convert all my eboots coz i heard devhook dont work on 1.0

Voltron
July 16th, 2006, 02:53
Wow, Dark_AleX is not messing around.

All of the "Proof of Concepts" lately have turned into PROVEN greatness. Lets hope this follows in that path.

Truly great stuff once again from Dark_AleX -

aries2k4
July 16th, 2006, 03:28
Ya Dark Alex is on a Roll.
Great Job as always

RemixUnlimited
July 16th, 2006, 04:01
DEVHOOK IS WOKRING

To all the idiots who don't want to read the pages like the few people above me like the one and only and brew123. You people need a god damn slap in the face for being so lazy. It must be hard to click your mouse and read the other pages.

despoteuodia
July 16th, 2006, 04:04
I sound like the coder for it actually so sorry but errr what else do you think dark_alex could do with this? Personally I think this will really grow to be big!!! EVEN the PS1 Emulator could be done on this now

But what firmware number will this be?
firm ware ver. -1.00 ???

ModMan24
July 16th, 2006, 06:45
i would like to see all of the 2.71 features with the 1.0 homebrew abillity that would be awsome, maybe even a few new features that arent native to any firmware out there... like a utillites menu with things like a filebrowser, a notepad like app, ect.

DenofLions
July 16th, 2006, 07:28
Just used this on my Psp, works great. Got it to boot Irshell instead of the Xmb.

Uruz 6
July 16th, 2006, 08:05
Actually I didn't want to do it until a full release came out but when I heard it was possible to avoid UMD boot at the start-up and that it was also possible to load Ir Shell instead of XMB (I really wanted this)..
I just had to do it!!

By the way great work Dark Alex :)

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 08:09
ok i said i was gonna wait for a solid release but i couldnt help myself i tryed it and baaaam done no brick and alright finally i can use my old 1.00 eboots wich were usless when i downgraded goob job with this guys keep it up

siulmagic
July 16th, 2006, 08:44
i briked mypsp like 2 days ago cus i wante dto replace the opening sound of my psp cna i unbrick the psp?

Kramer
July 16th, 2006, 08:57
no it only unbricks psp's that have already installed this

pkmusicmaker
July 16th, 2006, 08:58
wow this is hell for sony, i almost feel bad. i don't, but i almost do.

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 08:59
ok i tryed this and forgot to disable the sce logo so i tryed it again to disable it and now is not wanting to work it says the vashmain_prx doesnt match so what did i do im a lil clueless i geuss i sudnt have done it a second time hmmm sounds like im a duma**

siulmagic
July 16th, 2006, 09:04
damn was expecting that i really ish some one would make like a file you could copy to ms and let you go to usb mode or something to reflash if your psp is already bricked. dang i miss my psp y couldent i nt used friking psp brew damn the time wen i wanted to chage the boot sound damit

Kramer
July 16th, 2006, 09:07
ok i tryed this and forgot to disable the sce logo so i tryed it again to disable it and now is not wanting to work it says the vashmain_prx doesnt match so what did i do im a lil clueless i geuss i sudnt have done it a second time hmmm sounds like im a duma**

you dont have to reflash you just open up the config.txt in SYSTEM and change this

# Set it to true if you want to skip the $CE logo. In this way you can also skip
# the auto-execution of the umd that so many people hate :)
skiplogo = false;

to this

# Set it to true if you want to skip the $CE logo. In this way you can also skip
# the auto-execution of the umd that so many people hate :)
skiplogo = true;

siulmagic
July 16th, 2006, 09:11
i wonder if someone would find like what the ms reads during boot up cus wen the psp is bricked the psp reads form the ms if we could now hwat that is we could replace that with like a recovery console file to reflash the psp but thas yust me id ont even now if the psp does read something fom ms during boot up

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 09:14
and oo yea i failed to mention that my 1.00 eboots dont wanna work after i tryed this again can anyone help me fix this problem

stef2627
July 16th, 2006, 09:27
So I can't do something with my semi-bricked psp?(I can't enter the XMB),the program must be run first to work, right?:(

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 09:32
So I can't do something with my semi-bricked psp?(I can't enter the XMB),the program must be run first to work, right?:(
id say your only hope is a mod chip

Uruz 6
July 16th, 2006, 09:54
That's right, seems like the recovery mode works only for minor bricks (well, it's a start).

hank splendid
July 16th, 2006, 11:39
Just another post to add to the many others thanking Mr. Dark Alex for his sterling work!

To the doubters - this works like a charm! It's easy as pie to execute. I'm a complete dunce when it comes to these things (Devhook took me bloody ages to get working), but this is a simple as can be.

Very exciting times indeed for us PSP owners!

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 12:01
delete in the config the # before ONE of the autoboot = and use it!
(be sure to have the right path to your eboot!!)
That's it! :)

i tryed to atouboot irshell likke this and it wouldnt work can sumone help me git this to work

Uruz 6
July 16th, 2006, 12:21
Copy this right under the second example:
autoboot = "ms0:/PSP/GAME/DEVHOOK/EBOOT.PBP"

It works for me (of course if you've put the ir shell in a different place write that one).

RaidenLT
July 16th, 2006, 14:50
I can pass the Custom Firmware to 1.5 firmware if i dont like the Custom firmware?

SweetFA
July 16th, 2006, 15:27
I can pass the Custom Firmware to 1.5 firmware if i dont like the Custom firmware?
There is the unflasher but i doubt you'd want to go back.

Being able to coldboot without the UMD launching is enough in itself to have the Custom firmware, being able to run 1.0fw homebrew directly and losing the corrupt icons is a bonus.

Datahax
July 16th, 2006, 15:41
My question is could we take the ability to launch 1.0 EBOOTs and somehow stick it into the latest firmware?

Between Devhook and the modchip testing should be much easier, so I wonder if someone will eventually do it...imagine Homebrew plus all of Sony's add-ons. (maybe even future firmware releases including the psx emu)

Of course someone would have to create a program that flashes your entire firmware, upgrading it to 2.71 as well as adding the needed changes...

SweetFA
July 16th, 2006, 15:55
My question is could we take the ability to launch 1.0 EBOOTs and somehow stick it into the latest firmware?

Between Devhook and the modchip testing should be much easier, so I wonder if someone will eventually do it...imagine Homebrew plus all of Sony's add-ons. (maybe even future firmware releases including the psx emu)

Of course someone would have to create a program that flashes your entire firmware, upgrading it to 2.71 as well as adding the needed changes...
Maybe when the Modchip comes out devs will try such things without worrying about bricking their PSPs.

SnoopKatt
July 16th, 2006, 18:40
I can't wait when someone makes some custom firmware that runs homebrew AND the latest games :)

jwilds73
July 16th, 2006, 20:24
I dont know if someone asked this already but why can we not have custom firmware boot up like Devhook? I mean install all the files to the memory stick and reboot the system just like Devhook. This way I don't have to overwrite my 1.5 OS at all I can simply run the custom OS from the memory stick just like we do with 2.71 now.

iinuy4sha
September 20th, 2006, 22:00
hey shadow prophet, dl'd and installed the pack, but it doesn't seem to be working. i changed the autoexecution but nothing happens on reboot. also wanted to know if this fixed the devhook 2.71 wifi issue at all. if not, is it compatable with the harleyg patch?