PDA

View Full Version : The N64 and PSX Emulators Announced a Few Weeks Ago Both Fakes ?

wraggster
July 15th, 2006, 20:20
I hope im wrong but it seems too unlikely to be true.

The N64 port of Ultrahle

Ultrahle was made for x86 PCS and so the Xbox Port was very close and easy enough to do because of system similiarities. Now a week or two ago a PSP website posts an exclusive newspost about this emulator coming to PSP and yes the story sounded good, the idea of working on perfecting one game is probably the best way to get single games working on the PSP, but the coders name they posted who was a GBA coder cannot be found on the internet, screenshots mean nothing and just because some newsposter puts a fancy story round it doesnt mean its true.

Fake or Truth - Most likely Fake

The PSX Emulator

The day after on another site that covers PSP (and steals all our news) posted a news story about the port of a PSX Emulator to the PSP with a site that was extremely well thoughtout to get the highest place in google, now since then nothing has been posted there and i PMed the coder on the forums at the site and got banned, my thoughts behind that are that its a very obvious fake.

Fake or Truth - I would say Fake

Looking back it seems that both sites will post any news and even fake it themselves just to get visitors, now we have all been duped but the timing of the original storys was just too close for comfort.

Ill be happy to be proved wrong but i dont see it happening, lets encourage those coders who we know are real and back them all the way.

RetroGoth
July 15th, 2006, 20:28
all fake period

Malksta
July 15th, 2006, 20:31
Atleast we have PSMonkey and StrmnNrmn working on real N64 emu's :D

stotheamuel
July 15th, 2006, 20:32
i never believed this.. there are 2 n64 emulators for psp

and only 1 ps1 emulator (and sony's)

RedKing14CA
July 15th, 2006, 20:34
Atleast we have PSMonkey and StrmnNrmn working on real N64 emu's :D

i really wanted Quake 2... and Half-Life is everyone's dream... i heard from a friend (in RL, lol) that they have iPod half-life...?

But whatever happened to Quake 2...?

im glad we'll have n64 emus... ZELDA!! COME ON!!! YEAH!!

modcase
July 15th, 2006, 20:47
"Ultrahle..."

I haven't heard anything from him directly so your guess might be as good as mine...

Just fyi, GME keeps me happy. ;)

kersplatty
July 15th, 2006, 20:51
i really wanted them to b real aswell

Malksta
July 15th, 2006, 20:56
Soon Enough everyone will have a full-speed psx emulator :D i know things :P

ninja9393
July 15th, 2006, 20:59
The day after on another site that covers PSP (and steals all our news)

psp updates ??? (i hate them) :mad:

jOeBrO
July 15th, 2006, 21:00
does it have anything to do with pacmanfan??

drew4237
July 15th, 2006, 21:04
i would really like the full speed mario 64 and mario kart and golden eye

ninja9393
July 15th, 2006, 21:08
man do you guys remember the donkey64 fiasco

ste
July 15th, 2006, 21:14
We all know who deserves our respect. Stick with them until others can prove their worth.

Haggisdodger
July 15th, 2006, 22:19
This news is hardly surprising it was obvious it was coming, i do not understand why some people do it what is the point. You know what i think i will make a x-box 360 emu for psp and post every week that progress is coming along nicely and then stop after 4 weeks and get flamed for the rest of my life lol. Mind you saying that i could put it on psp updates for a few months and be a god:-)

modcase
July 15th, 2006, 23:00
I dont think I have to explain all the holes in your arguement above. Lets just say a PSX and N64 Emu running at "full speed" is possible, and your farce is obviously NOT.

shinysuitman
July 15th, 2006, 23:10
well... figures. so much looking forward to something new like that ehh? well..... i guess that it will all be possible when sony comes out with theirs.

acn010
July 15th, 2006, 23:57
ha haha , i knew there were false, all the time, but the N64, explained how it worked for each emu is specific to each rom, it looked kinda real, but meh, its false anyways

Mew
July 16th, 2006, 00:02
But whatever happened to Quake 2...?

Yeah I want to know that too! :(

Emeriastone
July 16th, 2006, 00:26
bummer

tophead420
July 16th, 2006, 00:32
it would be very retarded if these are fakes but id say they are to just for the simple fact theres been nothing else about them latly but we cud be very mistaken an they very well cud be real (i doubt it tho) so i geuss we wait an see what happens with them maybe just maybe these theyr real lol

SnoopKatt
July 16th, 2006, 00:34
Meh, I'm not surprised that those were fake.

ACID
July 16th, 2006, 00:54
QJ net they will post anything just as long as they can pretend they posted the news first even if its fake emulators.

vettacossx
July 16th, 2006, 01:05
Ill be happy to be proved wrong but i dont see it happening, lets encourage those coders who we know are real and back them all the way
like:
psmonkey ;)
strnmm ;)
zx-81
ruka
snestyl team

these coders who eledgidley made theese should speak up ! i 2 would love to be proven wrong...and i dont doubt that n64 or gba or a port of epsxe are very possible...
faith leads to creation....creation leads to an ideal success originally posted by PSMONKEY of DCemu

ACID
July 16th, 2006, 01:07
A a source code will probe something.

The_Lead_Factor
July 16th, 2006, 01:07
Well at PSPSMM we sometimes cut/paste some of the news on here but we put it in a quote box and give a link to the post here. Is that ok with you?

ACID
July 16th, 2006, 01:10
I dont think i have ever heard of that web SMM. HUM

The_Lead_Factor
July 16th, 2006, 01:17
Lol were not that big....Just 500 members x_x

makaveddie
July 16th, 2006, 01:27
i hate to say it... but i told you so. :)

Fake x 2

PSmonkey
July 16th, 2006, 03:37
Just clarification, wraggster is not refering to one site over both emu. They are of two seperate sites. I dont feel its right to leave the impression they are solely refering to one site and one site only. :mad:

faith leads to creation....creation leads to an ideal success
originally posted by PSMONKEY of DCemu

Holly Hell. When did I post that? God that is a good quote.

RemixUnlimited
July 16th, 2006, 03:50
How does someone own an update, also how can you steal something that you do not own?
Awnser is you can't "steal" an update because you don't own it.
PSPupdates rocks, they have screenshots.

Also what the hell is this "I wonder if they are fake" "of course they are!
You are doing what the retards that made up the miths about the damn Emus want you to do. Make threads and talk about how angry you are becuase it's not real.

Damn, when are you kids ever going to learn.

the one and only
July 16th, 2006, 04:00
when we get a big shiny ps52365

mameuser
July 16th, 2006, 04:21
Fake is Fake

GobboFett
July 16th, 2006, 05:24
How does someone own an update, also how can you steal something that you do not own?
Awnser is you can't "steal" an update because you don't own it.
PSPupdates rocks, they have screenshots.

Also what the hell is this "I wonder if they are fake" "of course they are!
You are doing what the retards that made up the miths about the damn Emus want you to do. Make threads and talk about how angry you are becuase it's not real.

Damn, when are you kids ever going to learn.

Whoa, calm down old timer. Don't go having a heart attack :p

nyrtrublue
July 16th, 2006, 06:07
i thought quake 2 was finished im pretty sure this is it http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/230 but dont get mad if im wrong i mean no harm

Eric
July 16th, 2006, 07:08
Yeah this fake emulator stuff happens all the time. As for the new being stolen from this site i dont think thats a problem seen as how new from other sites end up here. Quotes or not quotes if your a news site you make your own news and make it sound more interesting then that other site.

Mr. Shizzy
July 16th, 2006, 08:04
like:
psmonkey ;)
strnmm ;)
zx-81
ruka
snestyl team

these coders who eledgidley made theese should speak up ! i 2 would love to be proven wrong...and i dont doubt that n64 or gba or a port of epsxe are very possible... originally posted by PSMONKEY of DCemu

Don't forget- (in no particular order)

-Mike Dx

-Deniska

-Fanjita & Ditlew

-Raff

-Edison Carter

All deserve shout-outs. :)

BL4Z3D247
July 16th, 2006, 08:06
Don't forget- (in no particular order)

-Mike Dx

-Deniska

-Fanjita & Ditlew

-Raff

-Edison Carter

All deserve shout-outs. :)
Dark_AleX needs to be up there too :D

Yasir Said
July 16th, 2006, 13:07
ok..so i guess its fake..does anyone capable want to take the challenge of doing what zombi said he would do?
zelda mario64 goldeneye (hell mariokart64!) would be amazing full speed on psp! on par with psx emu in terms of anticipation me thinks

Xiofire
July 16th, 2006, 15:35
It was pretty obvious the N64 Emu was fake, they can hardly make it full speed on the Xbox, let alone the PSP!
-Xiofire

ExcruciationX
July 16th, 2006, 15:36
ok..so i guess its fake..does anyone capable want to take the challenge of doing what zombi said he would do?
Maybe PSmonkey, should try porting it, and see what comes of it!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 16th, 2006, 19:41
Fake!!!!

Xiro
July 16th, 2006, 20:17
Well he emailed jamie an update today that said:

Hi there sorry for my recent dissapearence , i was on a week long sea cruise that took a day longer then expected , i am on a hotels public internet terminal ( first chance i had to use the internet this hole time) my flight is expected soon and i will be releasing you your beta to review as soon as i get home i am sorry for this delay and THERE WILL BE NO MORE INTERUPTIONS i promise you."

Take it for what you will [theres no stopping that as seen previously] and I will keep you informed of any further updates.

@Phil and others who took a stab to the extent that I am easily fooled. Humorus, but not entirely true. I have been working with homebrew and emulation community since the NES / SNES. I am pretty confident at my skill to tell when something is possible or not on a specific platform. I do believe N64 Emulation at full speed for certain games IS possible on PSP by a dedicated developer. Just when in the PSP lifetime it will be publicly released, has yet to be determined.

take it as you will. I really WANT to believe that its real but i just dont think it is.

lplover2k
July 16th, 2006, 21:57
probably all fake unfortunately i just dun understand why people make fake news .. that's a shame

mr_nick666
July 17th, 2006, 12:12
probably all fake unfortunately i just dun understand why people make fake news .. that's a shame

I agree... :( They make fake news to get hits to their sites... :mad: Bloody time wasters :(

DPyro
July 17th, 2006, 15:02
Soon Enough everyone will have a full-speed psx emulator :D i know things :P
But you don't :p