PDA

View Full Version : Developer: Not Many People Hook Their PSP Up To The PSN

wraggster
February 10th, 2010, 22:28
Dylan Cuthbert, boss of PixelJunk creators Q Games, has told G4 that few gamers bother hooking their PSPs up to the PlayStation Store.

"At this time, we have no plans for more stuff on the PSP", he told the station's blog. "I don't think it's piracy that has deflated sales, I just don't think many people hook their PSPs up to the PSN store yet. We only enjoy making games if at least a few people play them! So everyone, hook your PSPs up to the store and download some games!"

Maybe people are still scarred by the way you used to have to connect to the PlayStation Store, before the PSP got wi-fi access to it? That was an awful process. Those scars run deep.

http://kotaku.com/5468310/developer-not-many-people-hook-their-psp-up-to-the-psn

symbal
February 10th, 2010, 22:37
Sony seems to forget that when you make a console you have a responsibility to help developers and promote services, but they just seem too arrogant to feel they have to do much more than make a console and think developers should just be thankfull they can make games for their precious Sony console.

darkchylde
February 11th, 2010, 02:10
Sony seems to forget that when you make a console you have a responsibility to help developers and promote services, but they just seem too arrogant to feel they have to do much more than make a console and think developers should just be thankfull they can make games for their precious Sony console.

The fact that they locked out anybody who would DARE to use custom firmware hasn't helped them, I'm sure. A friend of mine recently converted his PSP over to CFW and subsequently stopped buying anything off of the PSN (after having previously spent a couple hundred dollars on games) due to the fact that he didn't want to have to re-flash his PSP every time he wanted to download a new/old purchase.

-Doug

Qmark
February 11th, 2010, 08:58
The day every PS1 game is on PSN, and there's a 'legitimate' homebrew SDK, is the day I go back to OFW for good. I'd gladly pay $6 to not have to hand-rip a CUE/BIN, then resurface the disc and rip it again, then figure out exactly which eboot-maker actually makes that game run right.

I really, really want to give Sony my money. They don't seem to want to take it.

rageteam1000
February 11th, 2010, 13:16
As long as I have been on and off this site to get infomation and news, releases and to read posts about things here this time I can say I don't buy it this time - for both parties (the Q games devs and the CFW modders)

Veskgar
February 11th, 2010, 21:26
I stopped hooking my PSP up to the PSN when SONY implemented FORCED UPGRADES in order to connect to the PSN. Same goes for Nintendo's Wii Shop Channel. They want me to upgrade my Wii and I don't want to so I'm punished and can't get into the Wii Shop to buy VC or WiiWare games.

Their loss! I spent money on both. I still log into the PSN with my PS3 and spend a little here and there.

fpcreator2000
February 11th, 2010, 21:36
Sony has not given me a good enough reason to go the PSN store nor do I even keep track of what goes on there.