PDA

View Full Version : DreamInducer/SBI: Dreamcast rebooting

Runefox
July 16th, 2006, 06:56
Hi, this is my first post, so I think it's only proper etiquette to say hello. So, hello! :P

Anyway, recently, whenever I burn a compiled CD using SelfBoot Inducer v3 (v4, too) and pop it in the Dreamcast, it starts up, loads to the IP.bin stage ("Produced by or under license from Sega" screen with optional custom logo), and then promptly reboots, continuously repeating that process. I've done CD's before using this same process, and those CD's still work fine, as do my GD-ROM games.

At first, I thought that my burner (Samsung TS-H552U) was having a firmware issue, so I reverted to a previous version, but with no luck. Then I thought it might have been the CD, but then I found one of the batch of CD's I burned my latest successful copy onto, and the same thing happens again.

I've tried using different IP.bin's from different releases and from the successful CD's, copying the 1st_read.bin from the successful CD to the Inducer folder, and both in Nero 7 (in TAO mode) and Alcohol 120%. I even tried CDRecord, but still to no avail. I'm completely stumped, and I really want to get this onto my dreamcast. Anyone have any ideas?

Christuserloeser
July 16th, 2006, 14:12
Try burning your /SBInducr/Inducer/ folder with BootDreams (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21631). That should work.

1stvinicius
July 16th, 2006, 16:52
I remember of getting the same errror you're passing through. I decided to do what Chistuserloeser said up there and after that I got no more troubles. ;)

Runefox
July 24th, 2006, 05:40
I'm not sure whether it was my IP.bin with its 127-color logo (I don't think it was) or my 16-bit Loading.png weighing in at 425KB, but one or the other was causing the resets. When I'm able to find out for sure which it is, I'll post again, unless someone knows something about the filesize/type limitations for DreamInducer that I don't (very likely).

Now if I could only get that 0gdtex.pvr to actually show up in the CD player, I'd be set. Is there any documentation on this?

Christuserloeser
July 24th, 2006, 11:28
I'm not sure whether it was my IP.bin with its 127-color logo (I don't think it was) or my 16-bit Loading.png weighing in at 425KB, but one or the other was causing the resets. When I'm able to find out for sure which it is, I'll post again, unless someone knows something about the filesize/type limitations for DreamInducer that I don't (very likely).

DreamInducer isn't too picky with PNGs so I'd say it's been your Ip.bin logo.

To be save you could convert your Loading.png to 8bpp ;)

Now if I could only get that 0gdtex.pvr to actually show up in the CD player, I'd be set. Is there any documentation on this?

I never got that to display properly :(

Runefox
July 27th, 2006, 04:57
Well, here's a bit of an update. My IP.BIN logo was 10KB compressed, whereas my old one was half that. My old one seems to work, and the new one doesn't seem to.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to that, since DC Hakker launched my DreamInducer complete with flashy loading screen and interface.

Christuserloeser
July 28th, 2006, 13:00
Sounds good. Would you mind sharing your menu theme with us ?

Runefox
July 28th, 2006, 16:30
Once I get the chance to thoroughly test it, I'd be happy to. For the time being, I'm out of CD-R's. :P

Christuserloeser
July 28th, 2006, 16:34
No prob. Thanks & Take your time :)