PDA

View Full Version : Need help with editing DivX in Adobe Premiere

MrTeressaBond
July 16th, 2006, 13:19
So here's my problem.

I can't edit my .avi files. Why?

Im using Adobe premiere Pro and they all do the same thing. I can import the file just fine, and can play it nicely wen its in the import window (or something like that), and form playing it there, i can see the little DivX icon appear in the taskbar wen playing it, but when it comes to dropping into the time line and watching the video, i get sound. but i either get a black picture, or a messed non-rendered codec picture. and the DivX icon doesnt even load up either in the taskbar.

i dont know wat to do about this, i really like to edit the avi file in Adobe Premiere for obvious reasons, and its not the latest one, its Pro 1.5

i would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here.

thanks very much.

MrTeressaBond
July 17th, 2006, 12:54
anyone?

i hope u lot understood wat ive said.

if not, please dont hesistate to say so. i really need help on it.

also, for those who have heard of Neat Video, can someone recommend me a similar program to that? i seem i cant afford the real thig, and plus it does like 1 frame a second. well thats just my machine.

Helix-designs
July 17th, 2006, 16:48
convert the avi to mpeg, that's all i can think of doing right now, though that should do the trick

MrTeressaBond
July 17th, 2006, 18:12
but i tried editing with MPG but its really choppy and my computer is not lie urs in any way i assume.

anyone?

pleaseee????