PDA

View Full Version : Super Snake DS Preview Release

wraggster
July 16th, 2006, 20:13
chatterbug89 (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10382&sid=31de7ed8c21abf3eaad455463be881bf) posted this news/release:

INTRO
-----------------
For the past few weeks I have been working on a game I call, Super Snake DS and it is now at a point where it's actually a game. ^^ Super Snake DS is yet another snake game, but with static and moving obsticals, mini games, and boss levels (Not implented in this pre-release version).

Object of the Game
-----------------
The object of the game is to meet the requirements of the level for each sublevel before deing. If you die before you've met the level requirements, you lose a life or posibly get a Game Over. Also, there are 5 sub-levels to a level. Finally, after each level, you get to play a mini game to gain extra points and or lives.

This Version...
-------------------
At the moment, there are only 7 levels ( which comes out to 35 sublevels), and once you beat level 7, you just end back up at level 1. Also, there is currently only one minigame (A nice Card Matching game), but in the future, there will be Triva minigames concerning the level just played and others which I haven't come up with yet. Also, I have a few ideas for Boss battles, but I haven't started implenting them yet.

GamePlay
-------------------
Gameplay is pretty self explainable. In the final release, there will be a short in game tutorial :) Also, as for the question of what is good and what is bad. Look for hints in the level Objectives Message on what you shouuld be tryign to eat and what you should avoid. Sometimes it's said directly, sometimes it's not :-P

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments