PDA

View Full Version : Turrican PSP Alpha Released!

wraggster
July 16th, 2006, 20:55
News from PSP3D (http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/9918-turrican-psp-alpha-released.html):

Arguru and PSP 3D have just released the first work-in-progress alpha of Turrican PSP, a clone of the popular Metroid/Turrican games. The engine still lacks some basic stuff, such as working level transporters, additional enemies, etc. Levels are... will be non-linear, meaning you can include links in the level maps to move to a specified point in a level, a bit like Metroid. Permanent power-up items can as well be placed in the way; you will need some items to achieve certain parts (ie: double jump, morphing, ball, etc). Well, if you have played Super Metroid, you'll get the point, and if you haven't played it yet, what are you waiting for?

Turrican PSP is NOT FULLY PLAYABLE yet, and we aren't sure when it will be or how long it will take to finish, but if the progress ceases, source code will be released to public (which, hopefully, it won't). The game has been tested on a 1.50 FW PSP, but most probably won't work under GTA/eLoader because of the insane memory requirements at this time, unless you cut the .WAV sound files, which will essentially reduce RAM load. Modding instructions (following the footsteps of SMM) have not been included yet, but feel free to mess around with the text-based level generator, although any mods for this version might not be compatible in future releases (please give credit to authors if you release any mods for this game).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sroon
July 16th, 2006, 21:02
cool dude!

Briggzy11
July 16th, 2006, 21:19
It does look pretty in a mad way :D I think I will be giving this a try

shinysuitman
July 16th, 2006, 21:35
this is awesome to see people coding out there in the private world, instead of buying a game for $60. keep up the good work guys and i cant wait to play this

sroon
July 16th, 2006, 21:37
HOLY TITS this gaym is awsume!!

mr_nick666
July 17th, 2006, 12:25
HOLY TITS this gaym is awsume!!

Holy Tits indeed! :D What a great piece of homebrew :) Cant wait for an update... ;)

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 12:37
OK i think this is the best looking homebrew i have played so far.

Junior
July 17th, 2006, 13:45
Metroid is Metroid.

Turrican is Turrican.

They overlap a little here and there, but they're otherwise totally different games. I hope the developer doesn't really go for a mix of the two. ;)

vettacossx
July 17th, 2006, 15:34
ITS HERE :) :) :) :) :)

IVE BEEN WAITING IN deeeeeeep ATISIPATION!!
I LOVE PSPSMM AND PSP3D GAMES THEY YEAILD HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT FOR ME PERSONALLY NOW I JUST GOT TO FIND MY BUDDY PSPDEMON!!!! IF ANYONE SEES PSPDEMON TELL HIM THIS IS OUT ;) MAYBE IF ITS ALWRIGHT WITH HIM WE WILL TELL YOU WHY SOON ;)

mr_nick666
July 17th, 2006, 15:43
ITS HERE :) :) :) :) :)

IVE BEEN WAITING IN deeeeeeep ATISIPATION!!
I LOVE PSPSMM AND PSP3D GAMES THEY YEAILD HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT FOR ME PERSONALLY NOW I JUST GOT TO FIND MY BUDDY PSPDEMON!!!! IF ANYONE SEES PSPDEMON TELL HIM THIS IS OUT ;) MAYBE IF ITS ALWRIGHT WITH HIM WE WILL TELL YOU WHY SOON ;)

You can tell me... I wont tell anyone! :rolleyes:

vettacossx
July 17th, 2006, 22:10
lol FOR ALL USERS WHO ARE RUNNING 2.0 or higher and eloader this DOES WORK BUT THERE IS A LIL TRICK YOU MUST DO FOR IT TO WORK ON YOUR FIRMEWARE

YOU MUST REMOVE ALL THE SOUND FILES AS IT TAKES UP A MASIVE AMOUNT OF RAM ;) ARGURU WILL FIX THIS IN THE FUTURE ;)

PSPdemon
July 17th, 2006, 23:20
YES

TURRICAN IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

time to try and see what i can do on it :D.....

Good Job :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

vettacossx
July 18th, 2006, 00:32
ive made halo turrican tonight ;)
hopefully i can release it by tomarrow guys ;)

sroon
July 18th, 2006, 00:56
Wow this game is ALMOST better than sex!(O)(O)
And thank you Vetta for your halo mod!
you are one of my biatches you kno!(O)(o)

shenske37
July 18th, 2006, 02:02
Metroid is Metroid.

Turrican is Turrican.

They overlap a little here and there, but they're otherwise totally different games. I hope the developer doesn't really go for a mix of the two. ;)

100% agreed, both Turrican and Metroid are fun games, but it would deffinately be more fun if the developer doesn't mix them.

but none the less this is anawsome peice of homebrew, keep it up!:)

mr_nick666
July 18th, 2006, 12:58
ive made halo turrican tonight ;)
hopefully i can release it by tomarrow guys ;)

Legend! :D

There must be a bit of Vampire in your blood because you dont seem to sleep! :p (Has ShadowProphet been nibbling at you!??) ;) Lol!

GSA1508
August 1st, 2006, 16:11
I know I am an idiot; ....well a newbie. I got all files for turrcan alpha; I unzipthem and tried different ways to put them on the MS to play them .... but nothing works .... I have a psp w/firmware 1.5 BTW.

Any hint or idea to guide me? do I need any additional software or files to run it?; do I take all files out of he folders? .....:(
thanks in advance for your help

mr_nick666
August 1st, 2006, 19:29
I know I am an idiot; ....well a newbie. I got all files for turrcan alpha; I unzipthem and tried different ways to put them on the MS to play them .... but nothing works .... I have a psp w/firmware 1.5 BTW.

Any hint or idea to guide me? do I need any additional software or files to run it?; do I take all files out of he folders? .....:(
thanks in advance for your help

Extract the files from the .rar folder then go through the unzipped folders (making sure you select the 1.5 folder when you get to it!) until you see TURRICAN and TURRICAN% - drop these two folders into the PSPs 'GAME' folder and you should be good to go! :D

PM me if you have any troubles with that! ;)

GSA1508
August 2nd, 2006, 13:26
Extract the files from the .rar folder then go through the unzipped folders (making sure you select the 1.5 folder when you get to it!) until you see TURRICAN and TURRICAN% - drop these two folders into the PSPs 'GAME' folder and you should be good to go! :D

PM me if you have any troubles with that! ;)

Man... like I said: Ich bin ein idiot. Thanks so much for your help. Is now working fine!!!!.
You are the first one to give me a straight and correct answer. regards

jaws365
August 2nd, 2006, 13:34
Turrican kicks ass!!! Will there be a version of Turrican 2 also?

mr_nick666
August 2nd, 2006, 13:48
Man... like I said: Ich bin ein idiot. Thanks so much for your help. Is now working fine!!!!.
You are the first one to give me a straight and correct answer. regards

No worries! :) We've all got to start somewhere! ;) This is a great site - any help you need just ask :D Theres no such thing as a stupid question ;)